My 2 MVPs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2 MVPs

breckenridge, I honestly don't remember a game where the opposing QB had success on Sam, or Pat for that matter. If Sam was easier to throw against than Pat, explain the massive difference in pass yards allowed when the Fins played the Colts and Bills with Sam, then when they played without him. That should be enough info. Besides, if a few teams had success throwing at Sam, don't you think that other teams would have based their game plan around that fact? If Sam was easier to throw on than Pat, it would have been exploited.

I also forgot to mention that when playing the corner positiion, especially in Sam's place, he also had to watch the run. The run D was horrendous, so I'm sure they had that on the back of mind. By the way, I am a d-back, and was basing that explanation on my personal experience. I'm sure things happen a lot quicker on the NFL level. Oh, and if corners picked off every ball that landed in their hands, like you say they're suppose to do, then every corner in the NFL would have 12+ picks every season.

Both Sam Madison and Daryl Gardener, when healthy, are more important to the team than Zach Thomas...to tell ya the gods honest truth. Only slightly, but their salaries prove me out on this one.

Sam is a shutdown corner. People dont throw his way, they know their WR wont be open. Having a shutdown corner makes things SOOOO much easier from a defensive coordinator's perspective.

And if you dont have good defensive tackles, its very, very hard to have a good defense.

He's not basing it on how much he played, but how important he is to the defense.

Back
Top Bottom