My 3 Round Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 3 Round Mock Draft

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Note: I am going by current stocks of players reported by some reliable sources from Finheaven.

Round 1
1.Houston Texans Reggie Bush, RB USC No explanation needed.

2.New Orleans Saints Matt Leinart, QB USC They need a franchise QB. Leinart is the best in the draft.

3.Tennessee Titans Jay Cutler, QB Vandy Norm Chow is reportedly not a fan of Vince Young, and the entire staff loves Cutler.

4.New York Jets D'Bricksaw Ferguson, OT Virginia They could go Vince Young, but they're losing Fabini. Recent history shows that great teams build their team in the trenches before getting their franchise QB.

5.Green Bay Packers AJ Hawk, OLB Ohio State It's no secret that they want Hawk.

6.San Fransisco 49ers Mario Williams, DE/OLB NC State Andre Carter is probably leaving, and the 9ers need a pass rusher for the 3-4.

7.Oakland Raiders Vernon Davis, TE Maryland While they'd like to see Williams here, they won't complain about Davis. Add another threat to the passing game, but also get a freak of nature.

8.Buffalo Bills Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon They could go Justice right here, but they really want Ngata to replace Adams.

9.Detroit Lions Mike Huff, CB/S Texas They could easily go Vince Young, but they desperatly need another corner to go along with Dre Bly.

10.Arizona Cardinals Lendale White, RB USC Another possible canidate to land Vince Young, but they were last in the NFL when it came to the run. White can carry up the middle, and Arrington can be the 3rd down back.

11.St. Louis Rams Vince Young, QB Texas Linehan is the first coach to actually love Vince Young right now. With Bulger, they don't need to start him right away, and with his athleticism, Young can be used like Matt Jones was used by Jacksonville.

12.Cleveland Browns Manny Lawson, DE/OLB NC State The Browns had no pass rush in their 3-4 last year. Lawson will fix that.

13.Baltimore Ravens Broderick Bunkley, DT Florida StateThe Ravens desperatly need a DT to play along side Greg.

14.Philadelphia Eagles Tamba Hali, DE Penn State Jevon Kearse has not lived up to his contract. McDougle was hurt his first 2 years, and got shot last year, Cole is a good pass rusher but not an everydown end, and Kalu is aging. Hali can play inside or outside so he'd be perfect for Philly.

15.Atlanta Falcons Jimmy Williams, CB/S Virginia Tech The Falcons love VTech players. They need another corner/safety, so they'll take the guy from the school that gave them two pro bowlers.

16.Miami Dolphins Winston Justice, OT USC Depending on what we do in FA of course. Justice really fits a need and brings a nastiness that our line needs.

17.Minnesota Vikings DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis The one true flaw to the Vike's offense. Williams will take the pressure off of the QB and WRs.

18.Dallas Cowboys Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State Keyshawn and Glenn aren't getting any younger.

19.San Diego Chargers Ko Simpson, S South Carolina The Chargers need a ballhawk at Safety, Simpson is one of the best.

20.Kansas City Chiefs Tye Hill, CB ClemsonBesides our boy Surtain, KC's corners aren't anything to brag about.

21.New England Patriots Chad Jackson, WR Florida Givens is not going back to Foxburro. Brown and Dwight are getting older. That leaves Branch and 2 TEs.

22.Denver Broncos Mathias Kiwianuka, DE Boston College Denver needs a pass rush. Kiwi fits their system better than Wimbley.

23.Tampa Bay Buccaneers Marcus McNeil, OT Auburn Falls because of injury concerns. Tampa has been trying to replace Kenyatta Walker for awhile.

24.Cincinatti Bengals Kamerion Wimbley, DE Florida State Since they made Pollack a linebacker, they have no pass rush.

25.New York Giants Chad Greenway, OLB Iowa They need a young LB badly. Emmons is good when healthy, but he's getting older and Griesen is solid, but a FA.

26.Chicago Bears Leonard Pope, TE Georgia Worst kept secret in the draft is that Da Bears need, and want, a TE.

27.Carolina Panthers Mercedes Lewis, TE UCLA Someone to take pressure off of Steve Smith.

28.Jacksonville Jaguars Ernie Simms, OLB Florida State He's raising up boards, and Del Rio loves him.

29.Denver Broncos Darnell Bing, S USC They could go with Moss, but they need a SS in the worst way.

30.Indianapolis Colts Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota The first priority for Indy is replacing Edge.

31.Seattle Seahawks Ashton Youboty, CB Ohio State The Seahawks are looking to release Dyson so Herndon would become a starter. Youboty adds much needed depth to the secondary.

32.Pittsburgh Steelers Bobby Caprenter, LB/DE Ohio State He can play either OLB or ILB in the 3-4. Pittsburgh gets redemption after losing Vrabel.

round 2 on it's way.

Lewis and Bing are too high, but looks good other than that. I hope Round 2 is up to this standard!

Round 2

Houston Eric Winston, OT Miami FLFinally getting Carr some protection

New Orleans Nick Mangold, C Ohio State Replace Bentley

New York Jets Claude Wroten, DT LSU Put a big body next to Robinson.

Green Bay Charles Spencer, OG Pittsburgh Give Favre, or Rodgers, some protection.

San Fransisco DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama falls because of disappointing combine. Can play ILB in the 3-4.

Oakland Raiders Thomas Howard, OLB UTEP Clark and Morrison are studs, but they need one more LB.

Detroit Taitusi Lutui, OG USC To say they need OL help is an understatement.

Arizona Ryan O'Callaghan, OT Cal Big OT/G that will improve a pathetic OL

Buffalo Anthony Fasano, TE Notre Dame Need a Good TE

Cleveland D'Qwell Jackson, LB Maryland Pair Him up with Andre Davis to have a stud pair of ILBs.

Baltimore Ravens Jonathan Joseph, CB South Carolina Ravens like their nicklebacks to have speed. Well, Joseph ran a 4.2 so he's the choice over an injured Cromartie.

Philadelphia Eagles Sinorice Moss, WR Miami FL Last year they struck gold in the 2nd round with Reggie Brown. Can they strike gold twice?

Atlanta Falcons Daryn Colledge OT Boise State Not the best OT on the board, but fits their system the best.

Minnesota Jonathan Scott OT, Texas Johnson is an OG, and Rosenthal isn't good.

San Diego Derek Hagan, WR Arizona State LT=Great, Gates=Great, Charger WRs outside of McCardell=Not so great.

Miami Antonio Cromartie, CB Florida State Yes it is concievable that AC will fall this far, and no I did not do this on purpose.

New England Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State Future replacement for Harrison.

Washington Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame Outside of Moss, the WRs were horrible.

Kansas City Jason Allen, S Tennessee They need a FS.

Cincinatti Rod Wright, DT Texas Not only do they need a pass rush they need a DT.

New York Giants Kelly Jennings, CB Miami FL Their CBs are just bad.

Chicago Danieal Manning, CB Abilene Christian Rumors are Azumah might need to retire. And depth after Tillman and Vasher is questionable.

Carolina Daniel Bullocks, S Nebraska Thomas Davis is likely moving to LB, and both Bashir and McCree are FAs.

Tampa Bay DeMario Minter, CB Georgia help with depth behind Barber and Kelly.

Jacksonville Max Jean-Gilles, OG Georgia Jags need some OL Help

Denver Dominique Byrd, TE USC Putzier is nothing special nor is Alexander.

Indianapolis Davin Joseph, OG Oklahoma One weakness of Indy's is the guards.

Seattle Orien Harris, DT Miami FL Bernard is a FA, and Seattle needs some help inside.

Pittsburgh Martin Nance, WR Miami OH Reunite Big Ben with his college teammate.

I'm just going to do two rounds right now. This is challenging.

2nd round is good too :D
I know you aren't going to make a 3rd round for all the teams, but for the sake of conversation who do you see Miami drafting?

Cromartie could definitly fall. Crowder fell because of injury concerns and lack of experience and he was projected 1st round

Flyer22 said:
2nd round is good too :D
I know you aren't going to make a 3rd round for all the teams, but for the sake of conversation who do you see Miami drafting?

I'll probably make a 3rd, but just with some help.

It really depends on who is available.

even if we get Brees, I could see us grabbing Croyle or Jacobs in the 3rd. Or if a WR like Demetrius Williams or Hank Basket are available I could see us take them.

Just a word I read today that the Titans said that they found Cutler not worthy of such a high pick and are only interested in Leinhart and Young

bigbade said:
Just a word I read today that the Titans said that they found Cutler not worthy of such a high pick and are only interested in Leinhart and Young

the thing is, they really want Leinart, but don't want Young. They'd take Cutler before Young, but I have a feeling they would trade back if Leinart is gone.

great first two rounds. I think it would be sweet if Cromartie fell to us in the second

man, i just keep reading over this. I could see almost all of these happening. Great explanations with the picks too. one of my favorite mocks

playmaker1 said:
great first two rounds. I think it would be sweet if Cromartie fell to us in the second
Yeah that would be nice...if he can get back to were he was before the injury. I honestly never seen him play, but I only seen like 4 highlights of him making interceptions and he was catching them over his back shoulder it looked amazing, it was like he became the WR alot of WR's have a hard time doing that. He looked like a natural at that position.

bigbade said:
then they're taking cutler 100%.

phinfan_1 said:
Yeah that would be nice...if he can get back to were he was before the injury. I honestly never seen him play, but I only seen like 4 highlights of him making interceptions and he was catching them over his back shoulder it looked amazing, it was like he became the WR alot of WR's have a hard time doing that. He looked like a natural at that position.

I agree, If he does get back after the injury fully. He would be a great addition to the Dolphins

If we got those two guys in the first I would be going crazy! Those are two players who could really help out the Dolphins. Cromartie at the Least could be a 3rd corner and that could give him time to learn. Justice at least would provide much needed depth. However I think they will both be good starters.

Nice mock!

Back
Top Bottom