My AFC Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My AFC Predictions

I saw that you had the Jets winning the divison, so when I saw that I stopped reading it. The Jets are garbage compared to the Fins and preseason doesn't mean anything. Their corners blow and their whole passing game is horrible in every way.

Well I think the AFC East will be the toughest division hands down. But I think Herm Edwards "Tony Roberts" modivational speeches will be less effective than last year and even seen as corny, but until the Fins prove they can beat the Jets then NY already has two wins in 02.

New England IS the defending champs and yes I can say they got lucky, with wk17 off and the tuck rule incident, but they are a pretty sold team and with some more luck could repeat in the division. Like the saying goes "better to be lucky than good"

Buffalo's offense will be good this year and IMO will be the spoiler team at the end of the season that decides who will win the division.

Miami is the favorite going into the season and SHOULD win the division as long as they stay HEALTHY. But like I said until they prove they can beat the Jets Miami is 0-2 in 02 so far. IMHO I believe they'll split this year and the Fins will go 12-4.

In the South I think Indy with an improved defense will win the division but won't have enough to hang with the big boys in the playoffs. I don't think you can count on Edge having a poor season just because he's comming off an injury, he's an extrodanary gifted athlete.

The Titans will be the Colts biggest rival and Competitor in the south with the Jags and Texans at the bottom.

In the west I disagree with you about the Chargers, they'll improve but not that much not in that division.
IMO the west is the second strongest AFC division with contender like Denver,Oakland and KC playing the spoiler role.

In the north the Steelers are the best team in a week division that has three teams that will be lucky to go 8-8. Cincy maybe the most improved while Baltimores defense looks like it's been picked apart by ...:rolleyes: ....um well Ravens. Cleveland will be Cleveland 6-10, anything after the Steelers doesn't matter anyways.

East
Miami
NE
NY
Buffalo

South
Indy
Tenn.
Jacks
Houston

West
Oakland
Denver
KC
San Diego

North
Pitt.
Balt.
Cincy
Cleveland

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I saw that you had the Jets winning the divison, so when I saw that I stopped reading it. The Jets are garbage compared to the Fins and preseason doesn't mean anything. Their corners blow and their whole passing game is horrible in every way.

Hey ice, tsk tsk tsk we will see who is garbage when we meet again in Sept... for a team who can't and has not beat a team for four years you can really talk GARBAGE...

What do the Jets and Wayne Huizenga have in common ?
They both own the Dolphins !!!!!!!! :lol:

See you Sept 22nd

This board is getting ridiculous. You don't like the Jets, great, don't respect them, great, hate them? great. I don't care. But some of these ignorant quotes blow me away. I consider myself a knowledgable football fan, and any knowledgable football cannot dismiss the Jets as nothing like iceblizzard. Saying they are garbage in every way compared to the Fins. Yeah, you are right. Losing 8 in a row to a team makes the othe team look like garbage. Their passing game sucks in every way? What? Coles had about as many yards as Superstar Chambers last year, Chrebet can flourish in the slot, and Moss is back to speed now. Stop with the ignorance and dim-wittedness.

You guys better watch for Cleveland... they'll go 8-8 at least this year... don't be so quick to call them such a bad team.
The AFC East is gonna be a mess. All 4 teams have a legit shot at doing pretty daggon good this year. But as always, go fins!

The Jets are probably the mosy over-rated Preseason team in the league....next to Washington

JETS!!! JETS!! I HATE THE JETS!!!

As much as I hate to say it, I have been impressed with the JETS and VINNIE and SANTANA MOSS!! They will be competative this year!!They will battle us for the DIVISION in my opinion!!

Well I'll explain...

... why I don't think the Jets will win the AFC East.

The main thing to me is that the Jets have small WR's playing in a WCO. This ain't going to work. The only guy there that I think that can take the bashing of the WCO is Chrebet, and I believe last year he had some injuries. We already know Moss is a small hit away from missing the season. Plus I don't think it's a good thing for a 2nd year player, Moss, to be missing days of practice because he is tired. It's my understanding Moss does this from time to time. Small WR's in a WCO just ain't going to cut it. Be glad you have the Curtis Martin.

It's my understanding and I may be wrong, because I'm not a Jets fan, but you all have quite a few injuries on the D side of the ball. Not only that you are starting 6 new defensive starters. Now I'm sure you know that what the Rams did with their D last year was quite rare. Most of the time when there are so many new starters on any one side of the ball that unit will generally have growing pains. I think this will play a bigger part of the Jets struggling at times more so than the small WR's in your WCO.

And I think most ppl feel Vinny is going to have a down year, and we all know your young prodigy QB, ain't exactly a prodigy. Now is he?

But the biggest reason I feel the Jets will not iwn the AFC East is because the competition in the East will be that much better than the Jets.

What do you think?

Oliver...

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
This board is getting ridiculous. You don't like the Jets, great, don't respect them, great, hate them? great. I don't care. But some of these ignorant quotes blow me away. I consider myself a knowledgable football fan, and any knowledgable football cannot dismiss the Jets as nothing like iceblizzard. Saying they are garbage in every way compared to the Fins. Yeah, you are right. Losing 8 in a row to a team makes the othe team look like garbage. Their passing game sucks in every way? What? Coles had about as many yards as Superstar Chambers last year, Chrebet can flourish in the slot, and Moss is back to speed now. Stop with the ignorance and dim-wittedness.

I don't think the Jets will be dominant, but I do think they'll be better than a lot of critics give them credit for... they are always a thorn in our side, and they always play tough... win or lose, so that they're never completely out of the game. Even with a very bad team (which they aren't), that can be dangerous...Yes, they have problems on both sides of the ball (don't we all), and Vinny's career year days are long over... but they still have playmakers.... and will still win games, so let's not get too ****y until we actually play them and win...

Originally posted by chambers84
The Jets are probably the mosy over-rated Preseason team in the league....next to Washington

As for the Redskins... :topic: ... you won't hear me say this to a Washington fan... but I'm starting to think that maybe Spurrier's system will work... preseason or not, they've looked pretty impressive.. we'll see when it counts, but don't be surprised if they knock the Eagles rom the top of the NFCE..

Oliver, now I don't agree with you on all of those points, but it was an intelligent, backed-up post, unlike some people here.

J-E-T-S, I apologize for any moronic post that appears by some Fin fans, they show up from time to time. The thing I think will hold the Jets back is Vinny Testaverde. I have absolutely no faith in him to lead your team deep into the playoffs. I feel his playing days are nearing an end, and it will show this season. I have no proof of this or anything, but its just a hunch......

I think your O-line is the main reason we have lost so many games to you guys. They are not gonna be as good this year IMO. Mawae has an injury that could rob him of some of his great power. Fabini is solid for sure...Machado or Goodwin at LG? LG may not be the most important position on the field but it sure helps to have someone who can play there...RG Randy Thomas is good when healthy but he too has had problems....RT Kareem McKinzie couldn't hack it at LT and now has to move to the other side where he has not been great either I hear.

Last but not least...you lost the best O-line coach in football now that Denvers is gone...You can't underestimate a great O-line coach they can mask the weaknesses of a plaer and accentuate the strengths of a player.

I have always said the Jits will be good this year, but the hope you are putting into a few less than average players is gonna come back to bite ya...Donnie Abraham lost his starting spot in the exact same D to a marginal player....Robinson has been horrible in the D he was supposed to be perfect for....Beasely is decent but I think both are downgrades from the two before.

Ferguson is a very underrated player, but I wonder how a year off is gonna effect him?..Webster and Evans..1 will surely get suspended before the season is over in the temptations of NY...Ellis is a bust and Abraham is hurting...I do like Bryan Thomas but the regular season will show it takes every small DE a year or two to get solid VS. the run.

Cowart is hurt every year...and already has started off this one that way...Jones and Lewis are solid and not a concern unless injury which you can say about every player.

RB tandem is best in league IMO...small WR are gonna hurt and Moss is proving every scout saying he was too small correct...Peter Warrick and Moss both have flopped after greatness expected.(remember Moss did get in last year and should be better but showed he's too small to be great.)

Sam Garnes is slow and was let go because he couldn't cover...isn't that what a S in the cover-2 is supposed to do the best?

10-6 based on talent alone for the Jits and a good battle with the Phins based on their toughness alone...but Vinny and questions will get them in the end.

I think Bill Bellichik gave steve Spurrier a little taste of NFL reality tonight. Kind of like saying goodbye fantasy land and hello to real life. The New England press was saying that Bellichik was sick of hearing about how much of a genuis Spurrier is and I think they are right. Bellichik's PATS dominated the FUN&GUN and that really frustrated old Steve. Now I may be from NE but I am a fins fan to the core. So I don't want to hear any HOMER excuses about my post. BOTTOM LINE Sprurriers FUN&GUN will have a hard time and there is no way the skins will beat out Philly. I think you Florida boys may be the HOMERS on this one.

Back
Top Bottom