My Buddy : The Eagles Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
One of my best friends is originally from Philly, and has been a Birdz fan since birth. I called him the other day, and asked him what he thought about the Phinz signing their 3rd string QB AJ Feeley....

His words :

AJ Feeley is a very smart QB. He's a very solid game manager, and has very good accuracy. He's not a strong armed QB, but he doesn't make the mistakes that Fiedler has been prone to make.

He thinks that AJ Feeley will be similar to T. Brady if given the proper talent around him. He said if the Phinz improve the OL, and add another quality WR, that AJ feeley will turn out to be a very welcome addition in Miami....

He likes Feeley a lot. He thinks we may have over paid him, but he also said it could turn out to be well worth it in the end. He said the Phinz have upgraded the QB position with Feeley. He said if the Eagles didn't have D. McNabb, that Feeley would be the starting QB in Philly right now.....

I personally need to see it first. But it's nice to hear someone other than Phinz fans praising this trade....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
One of my best friends is originally from Philly, and has been a Birdz fan since birth. I called him the other day, and asked him what he thought about the Phinz signing their 3rd string QB AJ Feeley....

His words :

AJ Feeley is a very smart QB. He's a very solid game manager, and has very good accuracy. He's not a strong armed QB, but he doesn't make the mistakes that Fiedler has been prone to make.
This sounds so much like Fiedler that its not even funny.Also if anyone can assess that Feely doesnt make the same mistakes as Jay does with only 5 starts under his belt is just absurd.

He thinks that AJ Feeley will be similar to T. Brady if given the proper talent around him. He said if the Phinz improve the OL, and add another quality WR, that AJ feeley will turn out to be a very welcome addition in Miami....

He likes Feeley a lot. He thinks we may have over paid him, but he also said it could turn out to be well worth it in the end. He said the Phinz have upgraded the QB position with Feeley. He said if the Eagles didn't have D. McNabb, that Feeley would be the starting QB in Philly right now.....

I personally need to see it first. But it's nice to hear someone other than Phinz fans praising this trade....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

There is no way you can match Feeley to Brady.The Eagles have never been in the SB with Feeley as a starter or Mcnabb.Hopefully some other people can see that Philly runs a QB friendly offense.

Feeley is and has always been a career backup qb and always will.

Re: Re: My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

Originally posted by musphinzfan

There is no way you can match Feeley to Brady.The Eagles have never been in the SB with Feeley as a starter or Mcnabb.Hopefully some other people can see that Philly runs a QB friendly offense.

Ok, I'm not exactly excited about this deal, but HOW IN THE WORLD can you make such a sweeping statement? The guy's been in the league TWO YEARS!!!!! :mad:

Re: Re: Re: My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Ok, I'm not exactly excited about this deal, but HOW IN THE WORLD can you make such a sweeping statement? The guy's been in the league TWO YEARS!!!!! :mad:

And backing up one of the best there is..

Re: Re: My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

Originally posted by musphinzfan

I'm sure you would've said the same thing about Jake Delhomme if I'd said last year that he would lead the Panthers to the SuperBowl. And IMHO he should have been MVP of that game. I wonder if they said that about Steve Young when he backed up Montana....:shakeno:

You people that are writing Feeley off before you even see him play are morons. He was only drafted in 2001, what do you expect them to do, start him over their $100 Million Franchise Quarterback?? I'm not exactly overwhelmed with Joy about this trade... but I'm not so ignorant as to say he sucks before he even get's a chance to play... we'll have to wait and see. I hope he does great so all you people will be exposed for the Idiots you are...:fire:

:bravo:

Also, anyone who wants to doubt Feely's arm.. Please take these quotes froma Palm Beach Post article in to account..

"The Dolphins spent 10 to 12 hours watching tapes of potentially available quarterbacks and concluded that more than anything, they like Feeley's accuracy and arm strength. The Dolphins concluded that Feeley, 26, can get the ball downfield, was well-coached in passing systems by Andy Reid in Philadelphia and Mike Bellotti in Oregon and was the player they would quickly target."

Also, this from an unnamed NFL Coach who has studied Feely described him as "a very, very good player, better than Fiedler. He has a good, strong arm. He's very accurate. He's got great potential."

OMG, Lukin ... you and I are in complete agreement on this one. :eek:

;)

Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse? :)

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
OMG, Lukin ... you and I are in complete agreement on this one. :eek:

;)

Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse? :)

Jeez, I hope not. :chuckle:

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

And backing up one of the best there is..

I had no idea Koy Detmer is one of the best there is, cause he's been riding the bench behind him, not mcnabb

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan
Also, anyone who wants to doubt Feely's arm.. Please take these quotes froma Palm Beach Post article in to account..

"The Dolphins spent 10 to 12 hours watching tapes of potentially available quarterbacks and concluded that more than anything, they like Feeley's accuracy and arm strength. The Dolphins concluded that Feeley, 26, can get the ball downfield, was well-coached in passing systems by Andy Reid in Philadelphia and Mike Bellotti in Oregon and was the player they would quickly target."

Also, this from an unnamed NFL Coach who has studied Feely described him as "a very, very good player, better than Fiedler. He has a good, strong arm. He's very accurate. He's got great potential."

Good to hear that from the "unamed coach". But from the Phins FO...they also praised Fiedler's accuracy and arm strength...so I'm not listening to anything they say any more.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

Originally posted by Crisdeman

I had no idea Koy Detmer is one of the best there is, cause he's been riding the bench behind him, not mcnabb

That's because Detmer has more Experience and he does that stupid little dance every time he completes a pass.......

I've heard Koy Detmer was considered the #2 for some reason because of him being the holder for kicks.

Back
Top Bottom