My Buddy : The Eagles Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Buddy : The Eagles Fan

I live in the Philly area and can remember being very jealous of the Eagles two years ago because all three of the QBs on their roster were better than our starter. Feely is a good QB. And you should see his girlfriend - Heather Mitts - former World Soccer League player. She'll be a welcome addition to the club, too!

http://www.heathermitts.com

I don't see how anyone can say if they didn't have McNabb that Feely would be the starter. He was the 3rd string. Not behind McNabb, but behind Detmer who was behind McNabb. Why would you have your second best QB as the 3rd on the depth chart?

Now I'm gonna give him a chance and watch him play before I deciede if I like this trade or not. But this crap about he would be starter if not for McNabb needs to stop. That's like saying if Jay wasn't here these last couple years then Rosenfels would have been our starter.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I don't see how anyone can say if they didn't have McNabb that Feely would be the starter. He was the 3rd string. Not behind McNabb, but behind Detmer who was behind McNabb. Why would you have your second best QB as the 3rd on the depth chart?

Now I'm gonna give him a chance and watch him play before I deciede if I like this trade or not. But this crap about he would be starter if not for McNabb needs to stop. That's like saying if Jay wasn't here these last couple years then Rosenfels would have been our starter.

I'm just telling you what my buddy said. By the way, his name isn't Andy Reid either....

What happened in New England???....

They took QB D. Huard, and made him Bledose's back-up. He ended up being the 3rd string QB behind T. Brady once they saw how much better Brady was....

I think the same holds true for the Eagles with Detmer vs Feeley. The Eagles were prepared to give Feeley a 1st round tender, so you know they thought very highly of him. Detmer was #2 on the depth chart, but he wasn't necessarily the better QB in the Eagles fans opinions.....

Take it for what you will, but the majority of Eagles fans think Feeley is better than Detmer....

When the Patriots saw that Brady was better then Huard they made him the # 2.
The Eagles saw what Feeley could do for 5 games and he was still the # 3.

Look man, I'm just trying to give some of the Phinz fans here an optimistic look at what the majority of Eagles fans think about AJ Feeley.

If you don't agree with them on their opinions of Feeley, that's fine with me, but don't discredit something you obviously don't know anything about....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Bingo! Don't you think maybe they would have showed him in how to hold the field goals and put him as #2 if he was head and shoulders better than detmer. After all dont u want the qb that gives you the best chance to win, they seemed to think detmer gave them a better chance.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Look man, I'm just trying to give some of the Phinz fans here an optimistic look at what the majority of Eagles fans think about AJ Feeley.

If you don't agree with them on their opinions of Feeley, that's fine with me, but don't discredit something you obviously don't know anything about....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Look I'm all for being optimistic and am looking forward to Feeley being great. But I will not build that optimism with lies. So don't tell me what I know or don't know, I Know the Eagles Depth chart listed Feeley as the # 3.

I will not build that optimism with lies.

Who's lying???...

I stated what a friend of mine said. He likes Feeley more than Detmer, as do most of the Eagles fans. Is that a lie???....

He also thinks that Feeley would be the starting QB in Philly had they not drafted McNabb. It's just one persons opinion, so just relax. He's not saying that he thinks Feeley is better than McNabb, and neither am I. He's just saying Feeley is a good enough QB to start, and do well in this league....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

I'm just telling you what my buddy said. By the way, his name isn't Andy Reid either....

What happened in New England???....

They took QB D. Huard, and made him Bledose's back-up. He ended up being the 3rd string QB behind T. Brady once they saw how much better Brady was....

I think the same holds true for the Eagles with Detmer vs Feeley. The Eagles were prepared to give Feeley a 1st round tender, so you know they thought very highly of him. Detmer was #2 on the depth chart, but he wasn't necessarily the better QB in the Eagles fans opinions.....

Take it for what you will, but the majority of Eagles fans think Feeley is better than Detmer....

The Eagles released a PR statment that says they were going to offer him a 1st round tender? Sorry, I don't bite. If they were prepared to offer him a 1st round tender.... then why let him go for a 3rd... or possibly as 2nd? Doesn't make sense to me. AJ, I know we would have gotten a 1st rounder had we kept you and someone signed you... or if not you would have been our #2... but on second thought we decided to take a 3rd rounder for you. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. That is one of several things:

1. Fan B.S. -- For some reason the fans seem to like their #3 better than their starter? Stating that if it weren't for that pesky McNabb that their guy would be the #1? Ummm... riiiiiigggghhhttt.

2. Team B.S. -- Just Philly trying to up his worth before the trade (which doesn't take place until the 3rd btw). Pre BS statment, a 3rd string QB is worth what, a 6th or 7th? Post BS statment he's a 2nd or 3rd... all from just saying that you were gonna give him a 1st tender.... honest! Riiight.

If they were so keen on him that he was set to be the #2 and they were truely prepared to give him 1st round money.... why let him go for only the posibillity of a 2nd? Wouldn't you think that he'd be worth more to them... and if he wasn't worth a #1 for him... we just got PLAYED because we could have probably gotten him for a 5th or 6th tender type contract.

I don't buy that. Not even a little. Sounds like salesman speak to me. You can try and put whatever positive spin on it you want... but you CANNOT change the fact that we are going to sign a 3rd string backup to our starter spot and give him a 1st rounder type contract. That is fact. Anything else is speculation. Not to say it won't work... stranger things have happened. What I DON'T like is taking a 1 in 10 shot (at best... probably much worse) at a Bradyesque type player. I , as a fan, DEMAND a backup plan... and rightfully so IMO.

*gets off his soap box*

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi

The Eagles released a PR statment that says they were going to offer him a 1st round tender? Sorry, I don't bite. If they were prepared to offer him a 1st round tender.... then why let him go for a 3rd... or possibly as 2nd? Doesn't make sense to me. AJ, I know we would have gotten a 1st rounder had we kept you and someone signed you... or if not you would have been our #2... but on second thought we decided to take a 3rd rounder for you. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

This is a fact. I'm not just making this stuff up. If you would do some of your own research, maybe you'd read it for yourself....

Personally, I could care less about what you think....:tongue:

PS. We're giving the Eagles our 2005 second rounder for Feeley. Hardly much of a difference between a late first rounder in 2005 {which was going to be the tender offer for Feeley}....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Who's lying???...

I stated what a friend of mine said. He likes Feeley more than Detmer, as do most of the Eagles fans. Is that a lie???....

He also thinks that Feeley would be the starting QB in Philly had they not drafted McNabb. It's just one persons opinion, so just relax. He's not saying that he thinks Feeley is better than McNabb, and neither am I. He's just saying Feeley is a good enough QB to start, and do well in this league....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

Look, I'm not calling you a liar. And your friend has the right to like any qb he chooses. But to go and say if McNabb was not there that your 3rd string QB would be starting is silly. Where does Dytmer go? Is he not the #2 qb in Philly, meaning if Mcnabb goes down that Dytmer is the QB? Which is exactly what happened 2 years ago? So you can like him all you want, but to say that the Eagles depth chart is wrong is just lying. (not you, but your friend.)

Back
Top Bottom