My camp report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My camp report

couple more things.......we are DEEP at running back!......They all stood out yesterday with each one RW, TM, RE, and LH all having some nice long runs.....(through huge holes.....you guys saw the videos right?).....Robert Edwards looked especially quick.....Travis Minor seemed to be having some nice runs everytime he touched the ball....and the few plays that henry got he showed he could do just like the big boys!......David Bowens had a good burst and a nice turn coming around the edge.....they were doing a drill where the coach was inside a 6' ring and he would put a towel on the ground.....the defensive player would have to come out of his stance as soon as the towel was dropped and pick it up with his inside hand while he followed the circle around the coach ....most people thought it was a fumble drill and I'm not exactly sure what they weer doing it for ...but it looked to me like they were working on keeping your balance and staying low coming around the OT to get to the QB.....Bowens was one of the fastest ones to do that drill......then again, before you get excited about him....he didn't make it through practice w/out getting hurt again....:(.....It didn't look serious but they did have to stop for a minute to tend to him....he looked fine when he jogged off the field...:)
Seth McKinney was at RG with the first team.....but, I really couldn't watch him AND get the videos that I was taking so I can't say how he looked......Patrick Surtain was there but he didn't practice though he looked like he could have ....no limp, all smiles...:).....Sam Simmons actually had people saying who's that yesterday......keep an eye on Josh Blankenship too, the kid can THROW the ball.........But hey when a college FA looks good out there you can pretty much say ," Wait 'til the pads go on" because there weren't too many people who looked bad....so I'll stop now.:D

Great report guys.

Looks like I too underestimated Tolver. I thought he would really struggle to make this team, and likely would not, being beaten out by Kendall Newson.

Looks like we may have to make room for Newson AND Tolver. If Baker is going to get his shot, I don't think it will be with us. He always looks good to fans, but there's always something about him that these coaches just do not like and so they always keep him on the bubble.

But, remember Ray Green, and remember David Foye. This time last year both looked like geniuses without pads on. Both disappeared when pads came on.

But I am definitely starting to get excited at how it looks like Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are FEEDING off each other. By all accounts, each one is looking to show the other one up on each play. They are always talking to each other too, about plays and whatnot. This is a very good sign.

I think many have underestimated our entire draft. now we get to see some of these prospects, and we might find out this was a decent draft after all. Little early though,but very positive so far.

Wait for the pads to come !!

Great report guys ! But concerning J.R, we should wait to see how far he can go with the pads on !!
Too many disappointments last season at the end of the camps !
Be patient, and we'll see who rules among the rookies !

Fins 4 ever !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom