My Camp reports may 8th... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Camp reports may 8th...

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
My Camp reports May 4th...

Let me start out by it was hot out there.It was a rather boring practice but there were a few players that caught my attention.

Sam Simmons- actually looking good unlike last year camp.He made a nice downfield catch that was thrown by Fiedler.

Jay Fiedler threw a great down field pass to the Sam Simmons and it was nice tight spiral.He looked very accurate but Brock almost came away with an interception that Brock read all the way but Thompson manage to land with the ball.For the most part Fiedler look very comfortable.

Tolver- What kind I say he made an acrobatic catch that the ball was thrown basicly to ground(Sage threw pass).He catches every thing thrown his way.The Dolphins looks like for the second year in a row found another hidden gem.Where all Wanny bashers now?

Donald Lee-Didn't have a lot ball thrown to but looks like he has good hands.

Ronald Bellemy- Looks like he might be more than just a training camp body.

Thompson-Well he showed me he has some speed today and he showed off his srength by fighting off Brock for the ball.

Ricky Williams-Show some of great speed by taking a reception to the endzone and made quite a few receptions.

Leonard Henry-Also look good catching the balls out of the backfield.

-----------------------------------------
Now some of the who dissapointed me today...

Sage Rosenfels-His accuracy just wasn't there today but he threw a nice down field pass to Bellemy but for the most part he was innacurate.

Roberts Edwards-Drop a couple of passes.

Omare Lowe- got burn a couple of time

Cedric Donaldson- was the real scrub who got burned a consistently.

Didn't pay too much attaention to the defense because of the lack of hitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing about the day was meeting Colphins cheerleader Cassandra.:)

Originally posted by minus

Tolver- What kind I say he made an acrobatic catch that the ball was thrown basicly to ground(Sage threw pass).He catches every thing thrown his way.The Dolphins looks like for the second year in a row found another hidden gem.Where all Wanny bashers now?

Three words(two if you count the hyphen)...."first mini-camp". The draft is no better or worse than it was Friday. Guys who looked like crap Saturday and Sunday might be starting in September and winning player of the month. Likewise, players who looked like "steals", or "future Pro-Bowlers" this weekend might be on another teams Practice squad by September. You want to know where the Wanny bashers are? They're waiting to see what we actually got in the draft. They're waiting to see if the players we skipped by reaching for the players we got are going to be the better players. I'm not a Wanny basher...but I am a fan who thinks that this year is all or nothing for our coach. Either we get to the AFC Championship game, or it's time for him to go. I hope and pray that Wanny makes me, and 90% of the commentators and NFL personnel look like idiots with this years draft, I fervently do. But at the same time, I know the odds are better that Wanny will be the one with egg on his face, and that dampens my hopes for this season. And any way you slice it, it PISSES me off that we helped New England have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in next years draft!

Originally posted by WCoastFin
May 8th!??? its only May 4th here in California.

LMAO!!!!

I was thinking the same thing.. I guess were just a few days too slow out here on the West coast. :D

My computer calendar for some reason shows may 8th ...Sorry about that guys..Correction May fourth..

Wow phin1227 the dude just got back from camp, he's all fired up about our team u could give him a bit of a break?? If i was lucky enough to go to a camp I'd be extremely fired up about the players, just like im sure any of us would be. Well Minus thanx for the info dude.

A couple things.

Don't pay much attention to guys who get burned...or the guys who do the burning. Don't pay much attention to the linemen, or the fact that Ricky isn't busting any runs. Those are all things that are directly affected by lack of pads.

However, pay attention to athleticism. Pay attention to good hands especially. When a ball is thrown errant and a guy can still haul it in, thats going to come through with pads or without. On defense, you look for in the rookies, guys who do not make mental errors. Speed also.

A good example. On two occasions, one a WR reverse to J-Mac and another on a Ricky Williams run, Junior Seau knifed through the blocking and would have flattened both ball carriers. With pads on, Ricky may have shaken the tackle, or maybe Junior wouldn't have even gotten through the line. But, you should pay attention to the fact that Junior Seau is already showing extreme aggressiveness where before we had practically none...and the fact that already he just gets here and he's diagnosing a play extremely fast and running to the right place...like on the WR reverse which he read immediately.

By all accounts, there's a pretty good reason why DW is coming away from this camp so impressed. Tolver is out there making athletic pretzel type grabs. Thompson looks fast, jacked, and he's already wrestling away balls from DBs. Eddie Moore is not making mental errors (only 1 all camp supposedly) and he's also looking very fast and fluid in coverage.

I'd just like to say that the Wanny bashers aren't waiting to see if the players we skipped are going to be the better players. That's because they've already made their decisions known on and shortly after Draft Day.

Can't sell me on the due process thing. Seems to me that the "homers" were the ones calling for "wait and see" while the haters were already issuing condemnation.

So, I have a question, somewhat personal. MY little avatar thingy depicts a classic Homer Moment with a funny little quip about Wanny's brain capacity. I for one have never been a supporter of Wannstedt as a head coach, dating back to Chicago. However, I root for these draft picks and for Wanny to prove me wrong and take this team in the opposite direction it has gone since he got here...where does that put me on the Homer-Wanny Basher line? Just curious.

I'd be happy with Dave Wannstedt as Godfather to my children.

However, I don't see him as a top-tier NFL coach. I'm cheering for him, but I'd have him somewhere around #6 through #10 in the league.

He's never been my first choice for HC and I've never felt he was capable of getting it done. But... I really do think he is a great, decent and honorable man.

Thanks minus, for the report.....I wish Sage looked as good yesterday as he did the day before but I'm glad you saw the same things in Tolver and Thompson that I saw Saturday.

ill take wanny over gregg williams any day of the week. i think he has alot of cahunas asking zach for some hummmmmmm in front of everyone like that.:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by stan marino
Wow phin1227 the dude just got back from camp, he's all fired up about our team u could give him a bit of a break?? If i was lucky enough to go to a camp I'd be extremely fired up about the players, just like im sure any of us would be. Well Minus thanx for the info dude.

More power to him and he SHOULD be fired up!! But proclaiming any of the rookies a success after one pads free mini-camp is as silly as proclaiming them a bust after the draft. I wasn't happy about the draft because I think we passed on players who will be more impactful. I'm hoping and praying that I'm wrong, and that I'll be able to issue a full fledged apology to Wanny and the FO. But until the season plays out, I'm entitled to my opinion, and I don't see one mini-camp having any influence one way or the other. If Tolver and the other rookies had looked horrible this weekend, I'd be jumping on anyone who proclaimed them an instant failure as well.

I don't think the point was whether you were right or wrong, the point was why did you feel the need to rain all over the guy's parade?

Back
Top Bottom