My Fantasy Team : Opinions Anyone??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Fantasy Team : Opinions Anyone???

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

He must be the only player in his league to have been able to get all of those players....:lol: :lol: :lol:

This looks more like someones' "Wish List", than a starting roster.

Notice he has 20 players as well....How, after 20 rounds of drafting, could all of that talent have landed in this one guys lap???.....It's simply not possible IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

It is very possible

The league only has 10 teams (yes small league) thats how so many top tier players get on one team..........

Four of the coaches are newbies and are morons. One of them even put Brad Johnson as a first preference and Keyshawn Johnson as second (hes a Succaneer fan). So he went out to get every TB player he could. And get this.....with first PICK!!!!!! Not my problem I guess.

It will be an nice league payout day for me. Easy first for me :)(Why they use yahoo...ill never know)

Originally posted by MIADolFan

A league of morons at work.....I had last pick in the first round so i got the first pick the second round.....everyone was so preoccupied with QB's and Defenses (I wasn't gonna clue them in) I took A. Green the first round and i had the next pick....I took chance and got another RB S. Alexander.....believe it or not everyone overlooked P. Manning. I was a happy fantasy drafter at that point :)

Not in a keeper league here.....Yahoo free fantasy football....LOL.....I didnt make up the league I just joined it :)
==============================================

How in the world could RBs' A. Green and S. Alexander fall to the very bottom of any draft???....

That's quite impossible unless your league is full of morons who have never witnessed a football game in their entire lives!!!....

Overlooked P. Manning huh???.....

This is Fantasy Football your talking about right???...

It sounds like your fellow members are going for the "LEAST AMMOUNT OF POINTS" if all of these players were "overlooked" as you put it.

Come on, you expect me to believe that by the third round, nobody had picked up P. Manning???......NO WAY DUDE!!!

In my league, all three were gone by the #14 pick in the first round!!!......You draft last, and land all three???

Sorry. I don't buy it. NOT POSSIBLE IMO.....

I think that Green with the #2 pick is pretty bad...considering that there is a possibility...although slim...you could have gotten him in the second...The FFL I play in has 8 teams and we draft 1-8 in the 1st rd and the 8-1 in the second and vice versa...It actually pays off nicely to have the 8 spot when you get bac to back picks...true the "no brainers" are gone...but you get excellent picks on WRs and RBs...probably Warner and Farve are gone by 8 so you can wait on QBs...

With a #2 pick in a FFL draft I would take Faulk. If he is gone then the next should have been Warner followed by Farve...Sounds like you needed to work on your strategy and needs board...I do like the pick of Shockey...Even for a rookie, he will be awesome...:D

Originally posted by phins054
I think that Green with the #2 pick is pretty bad...considering that there is a possibility...although slim...you could have gotten him in the second...The FFL I play in has 8 teams and we draft 1-8 in the 1st rd and the 8-1 in the second and vice versa...It actually pays off nicely to have the 8 spot when you get bac to back picks...true the "no brainers" are gone...but you get excellent picks on WRs and RBs...probably Warner and Farve are gone by 8 so you can wait on QBs...

With a #2 pick in a FFL draft I would take Faulk. If he is gone then the next should have been Warner followed by Farve...Sounds like you needed to work on your strategy and needs board...I do like the pick of Shockey...Even for a rookie, he will be awesome...:D

Thanks for the advise Dad....

Unfortunately, my league has 14 teams, not 8.....

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
Well here my draft result
1 Shaun Alexander
2 Curtis Martin
3 David Boston
4 Brett Farve
5 Eric Moulds
6 Chad Lewis
7 Quadry Ismail
8 Green Bay
9 Seb. Janikowski
10 Duece McAllister
11 Tim Couch
12 Marty Booker
13 Jeff Graham <-----my first bust pick
14 Denver
15 Brett Conway

Jeezus your team is stacked!! Deuce McCallister in the 10th Round???? Marty Booker in the 12th????? Brett Favre in the 4th??? That's amazing.

IMO, you've got THREE top RBs on your squad. I feel that McCallister will produce this year. A WR corps Boston, Moulds, Ismail, and Booker is pretty damn deep. Green Bay's defense should be pretty solid as well.

God I'm gonna miss fantasy football this year!!

I'm not doubting you, or calling you a liar, I just find it hard to believe....

I think that's the strongest Fantasy roster I've ever seen. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk by questioning your roster, but just look at it!!!...It's amazing!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'm not doubting you, or calling you a liar, I just find it hard to believe....

I think that's the strongest Fantasy roster I've ever seen. I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk by questioning your roster, but just look at it!!!...It's amazing!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

thats alright guy....i figured as much....LOL......its an easy championship for we with bragging rights :) LOL It'll be nice around here with that and the Buccaneers stinkin it up around here too :)

All these buc fans tore me up with that 1st game loss....so im gettin em back with their 40-10 killing

Hey MIA.....you've got a pretty solid roster too. Might want to look at replacing K. Johnson with D. Bates in the starting lineup. Bates will be starting opposite Randy Moss. He might break out. Johnson is kind of in the doghouse in Cleveland. Just something to watch out for.

Blitz is just pissed b/c he is one of those fantasy idiots that people are talking about.

Fantasy Idiot???

Originally posted by mee
Blitz is just pissed b/c he is one of those fantasy idiots that people are talking about.

I know my Fantasy Football very well. My league is full of very knowledgable players, and that makes it that much more difficult to draft high quality players one after the other.....

If my league conisited of only eight teams, and was full of some of the brainless players that some of these others have to deal with, my roster would be stacked, and I'd probably be winning every year.....

Sure, I'm jealous alright, but who wouldn't be??....

I like my league because it's competitive. It's very tough to win, and that's he way it should be.....

My Draft from last night.....Keeper league....first season, 12 teams....I had the 4th pick:
1. Kurt Warner
2. David Boston
3. Joe Horn
4. Jerome Bettis
5. Michael Bennett
6. Curtis Conway
7. Bubba Franks
8. Pittsburgh def.
9. Mike Vanderjagt
10. Koren Robinson
11. David Terrell
12. Mark Brunell
13. Lamar Smith
14. Stephen Alexander
15. Oakland def.
16. Jerome Pathon
17. James Jackson
18. Josh Scobey

I'm really worried about my RB situation, but feel VERY comfortable EVERYWHERE else. I have some trade bait there, maybe I can land a top RB. If either Terrell or Robinson braek out this year I have serious bait!

Had to take some flyers on RBs late, never know.....there really wasn't anything to chose from after round 9(halfway thru the draft).

Wack my team to hell! Input would be good...hehehe

I actually am taking a different approach to some of these guys here. How much fun is it to play ina league where you just kill everyone? I'd much rather have a lot of guys who know alot about football and it all comes down to matchups and a little luck.(I'm in all head-to-head leagues.)

Haven't had my drafts yet but if I have a team like some of these I'll prob focus on my other leagues with some guys with brains in them.

My Yahoo public team is as follows...

QB: Brett Favre
RB: Marshall Faulk
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: David Boston
WR: Eric Moulds
WR: Chris Chambers
TE: Bubba Franks
K: Jeff Wilkins
DEF: St Louis

And my top backup is RB Clinton Portis.

My undervalued picks are DeShaun Foster, Randy McMichael, Oronde Gadsden, Dallas D, Washington D, Lamar Gordon, Kevin Lockett, and Antonio Bryant.

Lamar Gordon might win the top backup job to Marshall Faulk and if Marshall goes down, Lamar all the sudden averages 150 total yards a game...much like Trung did. Antonio Bryant is NOT being replaced as starter in Dallas, he's earned the job, and word out of camp is he's looked as good as Chambers did to us...still Quincy Carter is his QB...DeShaun Foster will win the starting job (soon as he gets back from injury) and IMO will rush for 1200 yards this year even in the crappy offense. I am almost starting to think that Oronde Gadsden will see the ball more than Chris Chambers, and I honestly think this is finally the year where Oronde has his 1000 yard season...not to mention a bunch of TDs because all the sudden we have so many options in the redzone (run Ricky, run Konrad, throw to either of them, throw to McMichael, throw to Chambers, or the Oronde fade...how do you defend ALL of those honestly?).

Back
Top Bottom