My favorite football player of all time | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite football player of all time

It was Griese and Csonka that first grabbed my attention as a young Dolphins fan.

Loved watching Csonka run people over, the here we come stop it, physical mentality of that team.
Likewise. I go back and forth on which one I would name as my favorite. Csonka for the toughness and mischievous sense of humor, Griese for the smarts and subtle. He could give a nonsensical answer with a straight face better than anyone in franchise history.

If picking tonight I'd go with Griese. I thought we would always be the smartest, most resourceful team in the league. Not until he was gone did I realize how fragile and fleeting that was.

Among non-Dolphins my favorite was Ottis Jerome Anderson of the Canes. Simply unbelievable feet. It should be unfair for someone to be that instinctive and elusive. Unquestionably superior to any of the Canes backs during the glory years. It's just criminal that a young O.J. Anderson got stuck with the Cardinals instead of a high profile franchise.

Favorite Dolphins offense: Richmond Webb:

01h1hfqbr927370wfgtx.jpg

Favorite Dolphins defense: Nick Buoniconti:

merlin_8913228_ba61e645-bad0-406b-9fbf-fe6b1a846e6f-superJumbo.jpg
Visual evidence behind Shula's right arm that Anton Chigurh was at that game.

Marino for me...hes the one that got me into Football and become a Dolphins fan at the age of 10 when very few in the UK knew what American Football was.

Non-Dolphin would probably be Eric Dickerson. Always admired how he was able to play with makeshift goggle glasses and still be one of the best.

Favourite Defensive player for me was always Lawrence Taylor- a beast!

Back
Top Bottom