My First Round Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Round Mock Draft

KB21 said:
Well, you will be surprised on draft day then.

Ummm... Not so sure bout that, but we'll see :cooldude:

Listen...if we are #2, we will not be taking a RB that may or may not be better than the RB that can be selected at #32...sorry that's not what you do with the #2 pick...

PhinDude88 said:
But dont you think that will be a waste pick for them? I figured that they would go with an OL to improve there OL even more.

I don't think OL warrants a pick that high. A lot will think Alex Barron, but along with Derrick Johnson and Mike Williams, Alex Barron is one of the more overrated players in this draft.

I could see Pac Man dropping one more pick to the Chiefs, which could cause Derrick Johnson to free fall to the Vikings at pick 18. In that case, I could see the Panthers taking someone like maybe Mark Clayton.

Then how bout Travis Johnson, Marcus Spears at DT?

KB there's no way to defend that pick considering they just gave Lucas a monster deal(won't play FS), Gamble is a very good young CB, and Manning is the perfect nickel.

ABrownLamp said:
Listen...if we are #2, we will not be taking a RB that may or may not be better than the RB that can be selected at #32...sorry that's not what you do with the #2 pick...

You take the running back when he is rated that high and is the most complete back to enter the draft since the last runner that was drafted #2 overall (Marshall Faulk).

KB21 said:
You take the running back when he is rated that high and is the most complete back to enter the draft since the last runner that was drafted #2 overall (Marshall Faulk).

Your saying he's more complete than Ricky Williams? Ricky Williams was one of the highest RB to possibly ever enter the draft. Ronnie Brown is not on his level. The Eagles made a VERY BALLSY move by not taking him.

Jaj said:
Your saying he's more complete than Ricky Williams? Ricky Williams was one of the highest RB to possibly ever enter the draft. Ronnie Brown is not on his level. The Eagles made a VERY BALLSY move by not taking him.

Ricky was never complete. Ricky was never the receiver nor the blocker than Ronnie Brown is. That's why Indy took Edgerrin James over Ricky. James was the better receiver.

Ricky wasn't used in that way during college. Teams knew he had good hands, and he proved that, he just wasn't used often in that role. I guess Lamar Gordon is also a more complete back than Ricky...

Jaj said:
Ricky wasn't used in that way during college. Teams knew he had good hands, and he proved that, he just wasn't used often in that role. I guess Lamar Gordon is also a more complete back than Ricky...

No, because Lamar Gordon, at this point, can't run. He's too upright and hesitant in the running game.

KB21 said:
No, because Lamar Gordon, at this point, can't run. He's too upright and hesitant in the running game.

Yea and I can question Ronnie Brown's vision and creativity when the blocking lanes break down. He's not complete.

Marshall Faulk complete? He was 210 pounds! That's not complete...

Ricky Williams was the closest player to complete.

Brodney Pool to the Vikings when they just signed Sharper is the one that jumps out at me. There is ZERO chance of that happening.

Jaj said:
Yea and I can question Ronnie Brown's vision and creativity when the blocking lanes break down. He's not complete.

LaDanian Tomlinson anyone?

Jaj said:

Your questioning of his vision and creativity is unwarranted, and now you are trying to say that Marshall Faulk isn't a complete running back? How many running backs have you seen that can run for 1,300 yards like Faulk while also getting 1,000 yards receiving.

burger13 said:
LaDanian Tomlinson anyone?

Uh ya there are questions with him too if you go back. People questioned the bulk he put on, his hands since he never caught the ball much in college. Whether he could play in a pro-offense. Oh ya and he isn't the heaviest RB at 220. Small questions, but yes even he had them. I guess by your definitions of RBs Barry Sanders isn't complete :rolleyes:

So if a RB can run and catch to you he's complete?

There's plenty of RBs who can do that. Deuce McAllister is another. Actually that's who I think Ronnie Brown is...

KB21 said:
Ricky was never complete. Ricky was never the receiver nor the blocker than Ronnie Brown is. That's why Indy took Edgerrin James over Ricky. James was the better receiver.

BS...You don't trade your whole draft (Ditka) for someone that isn't complete. Gimme a break. No one is even considering that for Brown. He's good, but there is no real evidence that he is better than Cadillac...Ask the Auburn coaches.

Back
Top Bottom