My First Round Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Round Mock Draft

ABrownLamp said:
BS...You don't trade your whole draft (Ditka) for someone that isn't complete. Gimme a break. No one is even considering that for Brown. He's good, but there is no real evidence that he is better than Cadillac...Ask the Auburn coaches.

Yah and look who your talking about in your example. No offense but Ditka was always mental. I still believe till this day he rode off the success of his coordinators back with the Bears.

No one here can sit here and say Ricky was the complete back when he wasn't even the first back taken in his own draft! It completely kills any credibility.

Personally I like the type of back that can get you 1400 yards on the ground and give you 800+ receiving.

VanDolPhan said:
Yah and look who your talking about in your example. No offense but Ditka was always mental. I still believe till this day he rode off the success of his coordinators back with the Bears.

No one here can sit here and say Ricky was the complete back when he wasn't even the first back taken in his own draft! It completely kills any credibility.

Personally I like the type of back that can get you 1400 yards on the ground and give you 800+ receiving.

And that is exactly what Ronnie Brown will give the Dolphins. He will run for 1,400-1,500 yards while gaining 700-800 yards in the air. He also will save A LOT of sacks with his ability to pick up the blitz.

IMO, the only player in this draft that has more value than Ronnie Brown is Alex Smith, and that's only because he is a quarterback.

KB21 said:
And that is exactly what Ronnie Brown will give the Dolphins. He will run for 1,400-1,500 yards while gaining 700-800 yards in the air. He also will save A LOT of sacks with his ability to pick up the blitz.

IMO, the only player in this draft that has more value than Ronnie Brown is Alex Smith, and that's only because he is a quarterback.

That's why I love the idea of picking him up to and trading Surtain for a 2nd and using THAT on a QB to develop in case Feeley doesn't work out.

Although I'd really love to drop a few spots and still get Brown so we can get a couple picks to lay the foundation for getting some youth on that defense.

Brown can run, catch and block. It's the triple crown of running backs. If he can make people miss or bull em over for another yard or 2 then this is a RB I want.

Can you explain what happened at Auburn? Why he had less carries...becuase obviously you know something that the frikkin coaches at Auburn don't know. You know, Ron Dayne had great numbers too...

VanDolPhan said:
That's why I love the idea of picking him up to and trading Surtain for a 2nd and using THAT on a QB to develop in case Feeley doesn't work out.

Although I'd really love to drop a few spots and still get Brown so we can get a couple picks to lay the foundation for getting some youth on that defense.

Brown can run, catch and block. It's the triple crown of running backs. If he can make people miss or bull em over for another yard or 2 then this is a RB I want.

I have no problem with Ronnie Brown around 5-7, but to say he's the most complete and thus the BEST RB to come out since Marshall Faulk is a ridiculous statement.

ABrownLamp said:
Can you explain what happened at Auburn? Why he had less carries...becuase obviously you know something that the frikkin coaches at Auburn don't know. You know, Ron Dayne had great numbers too...

It's simple. Auburn had a case of having two great running backs, and when it came down to it, they found a way to get both on the field at the same time. Ronnie's blocking ability served him better as the fullback in that set, but he's the back that didn't come out on third down. He's also the back that had the most runs of 30+ yards. He had the higher yards per carry. He had the higher yards per touch. He had more receptions.

Merrill Hodge is right yet again. When you take into account size, speed, vision, agility, and the ability to play in the passing game, Ronnie Brown is the best running back in the draft. Merrill even calls him the best player, which I agree with. The only reason I feel Smith has more value is because he is a quarterback.

ABrownLamp said:

Errr how about the fact Brown was on the field more? When Williams was on the field Brown moved to slot WR or FB etc. When Brown was the RB Williams was on the BENCH. Not to mention Williams lack of showing up in big games leaves me worried.

edit: damnit KB your too fast ;p

Jaj said:
Brodney Pool at at 18 is a BIG reach

I agree, but you never know with the Vikings. They may take a chance on Pool. If they're that dead set on getting a safety, I think it's more likely they'll trade down with the Eagles and take the best available safety at #31 (Pool will probably fall that far, and Bullocks is right up there too) as opposed to taking Pool at #18. Castillo at #20 is a reach too, but I can see him cracking the first-round. Other than those two picks (they're possible first-round picks, but you have them going way too early), I think it's a helluva mock. Of course, you'll look like a genius if Castillo or Pool ends up going that high, but that's part of the plan, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom