My Guess, We Get Fitzmagic For 4 Weeks.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TripleThreat, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

My guess is that Rosen starts week 1. It's not like he is a rookie and he has an even bigger chip on his shoulder after everything went down. He will be working his tail off to learn the playbook, etc. He will also have much better coaching than he ever did in AZ. I like Caldwell a lot.

O'Shea will have this offense in a quick passing attack most likely. (help negate a bad line) I will be curious to see how they want to utilize the WR's and TE's. Who's going to be the primary slot? etc....Will Gesicki step it up? Gase insisted Albert Wilson was NOT a slot. Stills has done very well from the slot. I would still think Wilson will get a look there so Kenny can stay outside for the most part.

2. CoryMatthews

CoryMatthews Well-Known Member

Rosen is not as good as Fitzpatrick so unless the coaching staff is as bad as the previous regime, Rosen doesn’t start until atleast 2020.

3. srp1979

srp1979 Well-Known Member Donator

It would be stupid not to start him immediately. We need a full season to asses him and see if we need to draft another QB next season. He already took his licks as a rookie last year, things should start to slow down form him and his decision making should be quicker.

What do we have to lose?? If Rosen flops, we have a high draft pick.

Im calling it, Fitzpatrick never starts a game barring injury to Rosen.....

rickd13 and vcip like this.
  4. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

Of course a lot depends on training camp/preseason but if it's anywhere close between the 2 then Rosen must start....we have to avoid a Hue Jackson/Tyrod Taylor/Mayfield deal and go with the new blood, keeping Fitz as the backup.

Plus if we wait until 4 or 6 games into the season then the criticism will be that he never got a "fair shot" and there will be the same old questions leading into 2020. He needs to start day one and sink or swim.

5. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

There could be another drafted QB here by 2020. They need to start Rosen week 1 of this season to see how he will perform. They don't time to wait.

rickd13 likes this.
  6. CoryMatthews

Yup. Coaches don’t evaluate the players in practice. Players don’t improve in practice. Typical fan POV you have there.

7. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Both these QB's are new to the Dolphins, their teammates and the entire team is dealing with a new coaching staff.

Under these conditions, the QB who does the best in camp should be who we start with.

If we were going with a continuing coaching staff, then I would anticipate that if both these QB's did well in camp, they would start with the most experienced and considering that he is near the end of his career, try to stay with him as long as possible. This would make him kind of a "shock absorber" in protecting the younger QB from as much physical injury as possible so that he has a better opportunity to finish the season with minimal physical damage.

chuck dezl likes this.
  8. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

Not this nonsense again. It's so foolish not to start Rosen day one. Let's hope Miami has turned the corner on bad decisions.

Some wise dude once said, you play to win the game...

rickd13 likes this.
  9. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Says the fan.

andyahs likes this.
  10. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

I must say given what we have seen to date, I agree with this. But you can't start Fitzpatrick. I see no upside in playing him. Rosen doesnt need to be coddled. Hes already been in the league for a year. We don't have some huge investment tied up in him. Just let him sink or swim. Its unfair to the kid because this offense is shotty at best but thats how the front office wanted to go about this. The trade didnt make sense with what we have surrounding him which maybe a slight improvement from what he had in Arizona. Maybe.

11. CoryMatthews

It isn’t fair to the other players on the team to play a clearly inferior quarterback. thats the reason players would quit on a team/ player.

Rosen sitting for a year isn’t going to stunt his development and is going to improve with practice. Watching a professional like Fitzpatrick week in and week out would be good for him.

Rosen is under contract for three more years, there is absolutely no rush with him.

12. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I believe Rosen is better than Fitz in THIS system and that’s why he’ll win the job.

13. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

I agree if we are talking about just 2019. Fitzpatrick probably wins more games than Rosen. But 2019 isnt the play here given the actions or lack of action by the FO to help either QB out in 2019.

14. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The Fitzpatrickiest team in the NFL Finheaven VIP

People know that Fitz is not a good QB...looks great for a couple of games, but is really bad far more.

I would not be surprised if we see Rosen week one as the starter whoc is a significantly more talented QB then Fitz.

15. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Of course they can, but making pre/post snap reads, at full speed, under game conditions, can not be "simulated" in training camp, or preseason games, for that matter.

I'm not saying start him game 1 no matter what, but he's not a rookie. If he knows the offense, let's see what we got.