My mock draft w/trades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My mock draft w/trades

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
This is strickly for fun of corse. :tongue:

as things change I will most likely do a new mock every week or so.

1) Texans - Reggie Bush, RB

2) Titans (Trade w/Saints) - Matt Leinart, QB

3) Saints (Trade down w/Saints) - D'Brick Ferguson, OT

4) Jets - Mario Williams, DE

5) Packers - AJ Hawk, LB

6) 49ers - Vernon Davis, TE

7) Raiders - Jay Cutler, QB

8) Bills - Micheal Huff, CB

9) Ravens (trade w/Lions) - Haloti Ngata, DT

10) Cardinals - Vince Young, QB

11) Rams - Tye Hill, CB

12) Browns - Winston Justice, OT

13) Lions (trade down w/Ravens) - Ernie Sims, LB

14) Eagles - Chad Jackson, WR

15) Broncos - Santonio Holmes, WR

16) Panthers (trade w/Dolphins) - Lendale White, RB

17) Vikings - Broderick Bunkley, DT

18) Cowboys - Marcus McNeil, OT

19) Chargers - Jimmy Williams, CB/S

20) Chiefs - Manny Lawson, DE

21) Patriots - Antonio Cromartie, CB

22) Broncos - Laurence Maroney, RB

23) Bucs - Ashton Youboty, CB

24) Bengals - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE

25) Giants - Jonathan Scott, OT

26) Bears - Jason Allen, CB/S

27) Dolphins (Trade down w/Panthers) - Chad Greenway, LB

28) Jags - Demeco Ryans, LB

29) Jets - Max Jean Giles, OG

30) Colts - Deangelo Williams, RB

31) Seahawks - Kamerion Wimbley, DE

32) Steelers - Sinorice Moss, WR

*Round 2* 43) Dolphins (Trade w/Browns) - Nick Mangold, C

-Round 1 Trades-
*Saints pick up a 3rd round pick from the Titans
*Lions pick up a 2nd and 5th round pick from the Ravens
*Dolphins pick up a 2nd, 3rd, and 6th pick from Panthers

-Round 2 Trades-
Dolphins trade 2nd round pick acquired from the Panthers, Dolphins 3rd round pick, and a 6th round pick acquired from the Panthers to the Browns for the 2nd round pick (#43 overall)

Best mock I've seen so far. I can't critique it much at all. If that were to happen on April 29th I'd be ecstatic.

Im not big on Greenway. If we do trade down, I doubt he will be there, we could look at Carpenter maybe there. The thing I dont agree with is if the Dolphins do trade down to get more picks, I don't see them then then going and trading them off. I like the idea of trading down to get extra picks, we need the extra picks to fill some holes

i dont think scott is a first rounder and bunkley doesnt go that low i believe. i do like the trade with the panthers but i dont think they give up that much for white. they might but they invested a 2nd round pick on eric shelton last year and i dont think they are going to give up on him that quick. also i wouldnt make that trade in the 2nd. to much to give up and i dont think mangold lasts that long in the 2nd if he even makes it to the 2nd round.

Spray Mucus said:
This is strickly for fun of corse. :tongue:

11) Rams - Tye Hill, CB
Geez I got BBQed (in general not by you) for saying Hill at 16 a couple months ago...these things change fast......

how about a trade down to pick up antonio cromartie and then pick up either jason allen or darnell bing in the second

Dont agree with the trades. Dont think Panthers would trade up to get an HB. Why would they trade up when there are still guys like D. Williams and Lendale White on the board.
Also don't think the Raiders and Bills will both pass on DTs. It just isn't going to happen. They both need them badly and there are guys worth those picks

Why would the Titans trade up with the Saints when they know the saints arent going to go QB?

fin maven said:
how about a trade down to pick up antonio cromartie and then pick up either jason allen or darnell bing in the second

Allen is a late 1st rounder.

dolfan348454999 said:
To high for Cromartie(ACL)

No its not.

dolfan348454999 said:
Why would the Titans trade up with the Saints when they know the saints arent going to go QB?

Because they don't know that.

Brees is still a question mark.
QB | Drew Brees | New Orleans Saints | Injury News, Fantasy
Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton admitted there is some uncertainty about how quickly and how fully QB Drew Brees (shoulder) will recover. But he said a large part of the Saints' faith lies in their "conviction on the person going through the rehab." The coach knows as well as anyone that Brees' injury is far from minor. Payton said the Saints' goal is that Brees will begin throwing during the team's second minicamp from June 2-4 and be "throwing 100 percent full-go" by training camp. Brees will attend but not throw during the Saints' first minicamp next weekend. As for next week's minicamp, Payton said he sees Brees "more as a player who's observing, getting his introduction to the offense. He'll get in the meetings, be it position meetings or offensive meetings. He'll be very much involved." Brees is spending the majority of his rehabilitation in Birmingham, Ala., under the watch of Dr. James Andrews, who performed the surgery on his right throwing shoulder.

dolfan348454999
wow,you seem to have a big problem with my mock. lol :D

let me try to address your issues.

I think the Titans trade up to make sure they get Matt, (block other teams from trading up) also, don't be so sure the Saints won't entertain the thought of picking Matt, they did set up Drew's contract to where they can bail on him after 1 year.

If Drew does work out, they can always trade Matt a year later for a mint.

I really don't think the Panthers will trade up, but again, I said it was for fun, and to tell you the truth it's really not that far fetched. They cut Stephen Davis, Lendale White is a younger Stephen Davis, so it could be possible.

As much as the Raiders need a DT, they won't pass on a franchise QB when a guy like Gabe Watson can be had in the second. There is a very very good chance the Bills take Ngata but, now that the fins have DC in town they will want another CB stud like Huff oposite Clements. IMO of corse :wink:

playmaker1
I like Greenway and Carpenter equally, so I have no objections to that.

my 2 cents
Although it may be a little bit of a stretch with Hill at #11, it's not crazy. As far as him moving up, yep! that's why they have the combines and college workouts, it happens every year. :D

motioncityhifi
I think Scott is a late first low second round pick. So in a sense I agree with you. The Giants pick can go a lot of different ways. But at that point in my mock and IMO Scott is the best OT available at that time.

I disagree with you on Bunkley, he had a great pro day/personal workout a couple of weeks ago, that shot him way up on the board. Same case with Kamerion Wimbley.

RonnieB23 said:
Got to disagree, even if Brees is not healthy, their no way they would pick Qb this high, simply because of the money.

But if Brees' injury isn't worth the money they terminate the contract after 06...

if it does workout, they Trade Matt to the plethora (sp?) of teams willing to trade for him.

again, this argument is to back up the the notion of the Saints passing on a QB.

Back
Top Bottom