My mock draft w/trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My mock draft w/trades

RonnieB23 said:
Got to disagree, even if Brees is not healthy, their no way they would pick Qb this high, simply because of the money.

You apparently do not know how Brees' contract is structured.

RonnieB23 said:
Got to disagree, even if Brees is not healthy, their no way they would pick Qb this high, simply because of the money.

not true at all. QB is a big need for them and Brees isn't a sure thing yet. Money isn't the concern.

Spray Mucus said:
But if Brees' injury isn't worth the money they terminate the contract after 06...

if it does workout, they Trade Matt to the plethora (sp?) of teams willing to trade for him.

again, this argument is to back up the the notion of the Saints passing on a QB.

I totally agree

Spray Mucus said:
dolfan348454999
wow,you seem to have a big problem with my mock. lol :D

let me try to address your issues.

I think the Titans trade up to make sure they get Matt, (block other teams from trading up) also, don't be so sure the Saints won't entertain the thought of picking Matt, they did set up Drew's contract to where they can bail on him after 1 year.

If Drew does work out, they can always trade Matt a year later for a mint.

I really don't think the Panthers will trade up, but again, I said it was for fun, and to tell you the truth it's really not that far fetched. They cut Stephen Davis, Lendale White is a younger Stephen Davis, so it could be possible.

As much as the Raiders need a DT, they won't pass on a franchise QB when a guy like Gabe Watson can be had in the second. There is a very very good chance the Bills take Ngata but, now that the fins have DC in town they will want another CB stud like Huff oposite Clements. IMO of corse :wink:

playmaker1
I like Greenway and Carpenter equally, so I have no objections to that.

my 2 cents
Although it may be a little bit of a stretch with Hill at #11, it's not crazy. As far as him moving up, yep! that's why they have the combines and college workouts, it happens every year. :D

motioncityhifi
I think Scott is a late first low second round pick. So in a sense I agree with you. The Giants pick can go a lot of different ways. But at that point in my mock and IMO Scott is the best OT available at that time.

I disagree with you on Bunkley, he had a great pro day/personal workout a couple of weeks ago, that shot him way up on the board. Same case with Kamerion Wimbley.

thanks! Im more of a Carpenter fan, so my bias kicks in. Great mock! :D

the titans wouldent trade for the number 2 spot. If anything it would be the Jets. But besides that good mock:dolphins:

J dog said:
the titans wouldent trade for the number 2 spot. If anything it would be the Jets. But besides that good mock:dolphins:

why wouldn't the titans trade up? Chow is pretty familiar with Matt and it is very clear that McNairs days in Tenn are coming to an end.

The Jets IMO are more likely to trade up to the #1 spot for Bush, than they are for Matt. For one they may not want to pay the salaries for 2 first round picks, and secondly. I'm not so sure they want to give up on Pennington, but if Chad doesn't work out, they have a young QB in Ramsey to fall back on for the stop gap.

I think the Jets will trade up to #2..................for Reggie Bush after Houston takes D'Brick like I always thought they would. :wink:

Spray Mucus said:
why wouldn't the titans trade up? Chow is pretty familiar with Matt and it is very clear that McNairs days in Tenn are coming to an end.

The Jets IMO are more likely to trade up to the #1 spot for Bush, than they are for Matt. For one they may not want to pay the salaries for 2 first round picks, and secondly. I'm not so sure they want to give up on Pennington, but if Chad doesn't work out, they have a young QB in Ramsey to fall back on for the stop gap.

Here's the biggest reason...

Because they like Cutler only slightly less than Leinart, and the difference in picks is just that A BIG DIFFERENCE.

I like what you did with the Lions and Ernie Sims, I really do. As for Huff to the Bills that's another pick I like(but not in real life):wink:

The Fins trade with the Panthers I can't see but with the Steelers I could see it. By the way if Bunkley is available, I CAN'T SEE any possible way the Dolphins pass him up.

Jaj said:

Because they like Cutler only slightly less than Leinart, and the difference in picks is just that A BIG DIFFERENCE.

I like what you did with the Lions and Ernie Sims, I really do. As for Huff to the Bills that's another pick I like(but not in real life):wink:

The Fins trade with the Panthers I can't see but with the Steelers I could see it. By the way if Bunkley is available, I CAN'T SEE any possible way the Dolphins pass him up.

:yes: I agree with all that.

Motion said:
I think the Jets will trade up to #2..................for Reggie Bush after Houston takes D'Brick like I always thought they would. :wink:

wow really? D'Brick #1 overall?

It's very possible, but I think the NFL world will do this :jawdrop: if Reggie isn't #1 overall.

You seem to know your college players. You should do a mock yourself :D

Spray Mucus said:
wow really? D'Brick #1 overall?

It's very possible, but I think the NFL world will do this :jawdrop: if Reggie isn't #1 overall.

You seem to know your college players. You should do a mock yourself :D

Yeah, I've been saying that for awhile. Makes sense if you think about it, they have an above average RB that they just gave an extension, they now have two solid WRs with Johnson and Moulds, they have a QB, all they need on offense is a solid line. And with Kubiak coming in from Denver, he definitely knows the importance of a solid Oline. I can see them trying to trade down first but no one paying the price.

Thanks for the compliment about college players. I like to wait til closer to the draft to make a mock so I can see what holes are filled by FA.

Jaj said:

I have heard the exact same about the Titans and Cutler, I don't know if it's a smokescreen there love for Leinart. But for the sake of convo, they really do like Cutler just as much/a little less than Matt. is Cutler worth the #3 overall?

Jaj said:
As for Huff to the Bills that's another pick I like(but not in real life):wink:

meaning you would hate to have to face Huff twice a year?

Jaj said:

I can honestly seeing Both the Steelers or Panthers trading up for Lendale. With us? I dunno. But we can't deny both of those teams lost big bruising backs that would like to replace because it they where so effective in there offense. Lendal would cure that ill quickly.

If we did trade down to #30, I say we should go with either Greenway, Carpenter, or Mangold. In that order, if still available.

Bunkley is a stud no doubt, so I wouldn't mind drafting him at all. But for the purpose of this mock, I say we pass on Bunkley to pick up the extra picks.

Motion said:
Yeah, I've been saying that for awhile. Makes sense if you think about it, they have an above average RB that they just gave an extension, they now have two solid WRs with Johnson and Moulds, they have a QB, all they need on offense is a solid line. And with Kubiak coming in from Denver, he definitely knows the importance of a solid Oline. I can see them trying to trade down first but no one paying the price.

Thanks for the compliment about college players. I like to wait til closer to the draft to make a mock so I can see what holes are filled by FA.

It makes perfect sense. I guess it all comes down to them playing poker I guess. It's very obviouse they need O-line help and Brick would provide that but, do really want to pass on one of the best athlete in the draft in years?

If I where the Texans, I may just take less value for the #1 pick if I (Texans) insisted on upgrading the O-line with that pick.

Spray Mucus said:
I have heard the exact same about the Titans and Cutler, I don't know if it's a smokescreen there love for Leinart. But for the sake of convo, they really do like Cutler just as much/a little less than Matt. is Cutler worth the #3 overall?

meaning you would hate to have to face Huff twice a year?

I can honestly seeing Both the Steelers or Panthers trading up for Lendale. With us? I dunno. But we can't deny both of those teams lost big bruising backs that would like to replace because it they where so effective in there offense. Lendal would cure that ill quickly.

If we did trade down to #30, I say we should go with either Greenway, Carpenter, or Mangold. In that order, if still available.

Bunkley is a stud no doubt, so I wouldn't mind drafting him at all. But for the purpose of this mock, I say we pass on Bunkley to pick up the extra picks.

Yep you got the jist of the conversation perfectly. The Panthers I can see taking him with no question but "trading up" I'm not so sure of because of how much it costs them. The Panthers aren't a team with no other needs after all. An OLB like Greenway would really interest them, but your right a RB is their goal. At 30 I say we can get also get Donte Whitner or one of the CBs. Remember when the Seahawks selected Marcus Trufant in 2003 when they already had two starting CBs? There was question as to why they did that. No more...(Yes I realize the Fins did the same but they chose the wrong player)

An Ashton Youboty or Joseph would make some sense at 30th overall. As would Marcus McNeil if available.

Jaj said:
Yep you got the jist of the conversation perfectly. The Panthers I can see taking him with no question but "trading up" I'm not so sure of because of how much it costs them. The Panthers aren't a team with no other needs after all. An OLB like Greenway would really interest them, but your right a RB is their goal.

You know something, I forgott the Panthers lost Witherspoon when I was doing the mock draft. So I agree, trading up might not be in there best interest, especially when they can pick up a guy to fill that LB position.

but, you still never answered if you think Cutler would be worth the #3 over pick...

Back
Top Bottom