My Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock

Nappy Roots

Da Dalphins
Club Member
Reaction score
This is my first mock. ill just do the first this time around.

1. Houston - RB Reggie Bush. IMO no brainer, most exciting player ive ever witnessed.

2. New Orleans - QB Vince Young. Gut feeling. Maybe to get some fans to the stadium, add some excitement to their team. Theyll bring in a vet to give vince some time.

3. Tennessee - QB Matt Leinart. IMO clearly better QB. Fits perfect with Norm Chow there.

4. N.Y. Jets - OT DBrickashaw Ferguson. Lets be honest with ourselves here. Their OLine is horrible, they have tons of money rapped up with chad. This is a must pick for the jets.

5. Green Bay - DE Mario Williams. The popular pick here is AJ Hawk. But i feel like they have no DLine what so ever. yes they got KGB, but when hes not getting double teamed on passing plays, hes getting dominated on running plays. they got grady jackson, who plays well on some plays. IMO DLine is a must here. It also wouldnt surprise me to see him pick Ngata here.

6. Oakland - LB AJ Hawk. perfect fit for them. need position and best value on the board.

7. San Francisco - DT Haloti Ngata. Lets not forget, they run the 3-4 defense now. Ngata would add some toughness to that soft defense. Would be a great NT for the 3-4, and help clog the middle.

8. Buffalo - TE Vernon Davis. add another weapon to the offense. i know they picked Evertte in last years draft, but his best asset, speed, may take a cut with his last knee injury. They want to take an OLineman here, but theres no one of value, so theyll wait til round 2. Davis is the Best vaule here, so they make the pick.

9. Detroit - S/CB Michael Huff. They have to make this pick. Huff can start at either Free or CB for them from game 1. Hes a playmaker they despreatly need on Defense.

10. Arizona - RB DeAngelo Williams. I really dont know that he will drop this far. IMO someone might trade up for him cause hes worth it. Zona drafted JJ Arrington from Cal last year in the 2nd round, many thought would be the rookie of the year, including me, who drafted him in my fantasy football draft :fire: . Hes been a disappointment. Williams is far to good to pass right here.

11. St. Louis - LB Chad Greenway. They need alot of help at Linebacker and in the defensive back field. So they pick the fast flowing LB that this defense has been built around in the past.

12. Cleveland - OLB Manny Lawson. He will play OLB in Crennels 3-4 Defense. Extremely quick first step should help their defense from day 1.

13. Baltimore - FS Jimmy Williams. Deon is retiring. In some peoples minds it may be a bit of a reach. IMO it isnt, and they need a replacement that can come and start right away at the Free position, Williams is polished and should convert without problems.

14. Philadelphia - RB Lendale White. They love this pick. Without many weapons at wideout, they can split Westbrook out wide to create mismatches, and also rotate them in and out keeping them fresh. Could also go DE Mathias Kiwanuka here.

15. Atlanta - DE Tamba Hali. IMO they might trade down for a Safety since Huff and Williams were already selected. But im not gonna do that. Their a team with plenty of pass rushing ability, but you can never have to much. Surprise pick might be Ernie Sims if he decides he will play Safety.

16. Miami - QB Jay Cutler. Yea I know hes risen up the board supposibly. But exacly like ive said before, i believe he gets out of the top 10. After no one is gonna take him unless someone trades up. yall know bout this so im not even going to go into it.

17. Minnesota - OT Winston Justice. Not a popular pick, but they need him. Gotta protect the 100 million dollar man. I believe they have enough RBs, they could go WR, but Koren Robinson has shown flashes of being a very good WR.

18. Dallas - WR Santonio Holmes. Good pick for them, add some speed to a WR crew that lacks much. He'll learn from to NOW underrated WRs in Terry Glenn and Keyshawn. Also, 1 team that IMO could be a factor in trading up for cutler.

19. San Diego - S Ko Simpson. This is a need pick. They simply are thin and crispy at the Safety position. Simpson adds a play maker in the secondary that runs a reckless type defense. Perfect for Simpson.

20. Kansas City - DE Mathias Kiwanuka. I wanted to go Ty Hill here, but i think Kiwanuka is far to talented to pass here. Im surprised hes still there as i am doing this. IMO his draft stock didnt drop much during the senior bowl, but if Phily dont take him at 14, he'll fall just by default IMO.

21. New England - CB Ashton Youboty. IMO I feel like Hill is the more talented one. But Youboty brings the size and smarts. BB cant pass on him here.

22. Denver (from Washington) - TE Leonard Pope. Their happy he fell here. Although not many teams are in need for a TE early this draft. Adds another weapon to that offense.

23. Tampa Bay - OT Jon Scott. I like this pick, feel like hes better than this actually. They need OLine in the worst way. I wanted to go with Ernie Sims here, due to him fitting their scheme so well, but OLine is just to big of need. Protect young Simms and Caddy.

24. Cincinnati - DT Broderick Bunkley. They need some playmakers on their DLine. Bunkley will definitly bring that. Extremely quick of the ball, and has really good leverage.

25. N.Y. Giants - OLB DeMeco Ryans. They cant believe he fell this far, neither can I.

26. Chicago - TE Marcedes Lewis. Obvious pick. They need Offensive weapons, Lewis is a great reciever from the TE position.

27. Carolina - WR Chad Jackson. They need some other kind of threat other than THE Steve Smith. Jackson would be a perfect possesion WR to compliment the speed of Smith and Foster.

28. Jacksonville - CB Tyle Hill. They need some Secondary. Could also see Darnell Bing here.

29. Denver - S Darnell Bing. Surprise pick, but great value pick. Good replacement for Lynch. Would prolly play Free before Lynch leaves.

30. Indianapolis - OG Max Jean-Gilles. They need interior OLineman. Jean-Gilles would be a great addition opening up more holes for whoever. The popular pick is RB. Theyll draft one in the 2nd, or get a Free Agent.

31. Seattle - LB Bobby Carpenter. Personally I think hes a 2nd round player, but looks like most feel he will go in the first. Would be a good fit for Seattle. Another play maker LB that can rush the passer. They also might go Lutui to replace Hutchinson. :evil:

32. Pittsburgh - RB Laurence Maroney. a RB falls almost every year. Steelers are extremely lucky here. Maroney can do somethings in pitt, who run alot, so without Bettis, they are gonna need another RB.

Thoughts?

with what looks like edjerrin james' final days in indy, i see them taking maroney at the end of the 1st. i know they say they have faith in mungro, but come on...

Juan Cribbs said:
with what looks like edjerrin james' final days in indy, i see them taking maroney at the end of the 1st. i know they say they have faith in mungro, but come on...

you mean Rhodes? yea i can agree, but i just feel like their is alot of different options at RB, not many to fill that OG hole.

im not sure any teams would trade up for Jay Cutler.

Like what teams are looking for a QB?

us, Dallas, KC IMO all could trade up for him. Not saying anyone will, but its a possibility.

you have the Vikings taking a OT???

dang how many OT/OG do they need, they already have a awsome O-line.

I think Mathias Kiwanuka (DE) will be picked highed than 20, why would the Vikings pass on Mathias Kiwanuka? Can you name one of their DE's the Vikes have?

Demeco Ryans really slipped in your mock, i can see him going in the top 15

I cant see the Panthers passing on RB Laurence Maroney, or I could see them maybe drafting a TE like Leonard pope. Stephan Davis is slow,old and he sucks. Deshaun Foster is a free agent and he gets hurt eating breakfast, so i could see Panthers taking a RB like Laurence Maroney.

fins5423 said:

I think Mathias Kiwanuka (DE) will be picked highed than 20, why would the Vikings pass on Mathias Kiwanuka? Can you name one of their DE's the Vikes have?

I cant see the Panthers passing on RB Laurence Maroney, or I could see them maybe drafting a TE like Leonard pope. Stephan Davis is slow,old and he sucks. Deshaun Foster is a free agent and he gets hurt eating breakfast, so i could see Panthers taking a RB like Laurence Maroney.

Kenechi Uduze first round pick plays DE along with First Rounder Erasmus James *Pretty sure James was a first rounder*

I dont think they will take an OT but I doubt they will take a DE either

fins5423 said:

they have an awsome OLine? maybe 2 years ago, but they were bad last year. and yea i can name the vikings DEs, because they drafted DEs in each the last 2 drafts, in the first round. 2 years ago in Udeze, and last year in Erasmus James. How could you not name their DEs? :confused: No way they take another DE. their DLine is set. Also i believe that Panthers will Resign Foster, maybe draft another RB later, or bring in someone else depending on how they feel about last years drafted RB Shelton. Maroney is a possibility though.

Alex22 said:
Kenechi Uduze first round pick plays DE along with First Rounder Erasmus James *Pretty sure James was a first rounder*

I dont think they will take an OT but I doubt they will take a DE either

who do you think Vikings will take?

Nappy Roots said:
who do you think Vikings will take?

I honestly think the Vikes will go after the best available RB with their 1st rounder. As of now they have way too much inconsistentcy at the position and they could possibly land their franchise back this draft depending on who falls...(either D.Williams or White)

Alex22 said:
Maybe trade up and take a RB

Really I dont know, I just doubt its a DE or OT but I could be wrong

In_Flames said:
I honestly think the Vikes will go after the best available RB with their 1st rounder. As of now they have way too much inconsistentcy at the position and they could possibly land their franchise back this draft depending on who falls...(either D.Williams or White)

well i know for a fact they wouldnt take DE. but their OLine besides McKinnie was horrible last year, thats why the consistancy with RBs. They also had injuries at RB. Theyd have to trade up far to get a RB that fits their style of play. Lendale White certainly doenst.

Next year with everyone healthy, theyll have Michael Bennet, Mewalde Moore, Moe Williams, and Ciatrick Faison.

I also notice about your mock you think the Steelers are gonna win Sunday and that makes me :fire::fire::fire:

Rocky Raccoon said:
I also notice about your mock you think the Steelers are gonna win Sunday and that makes me :fire::fire::fire:

believe me, makes me :fire: to. 2 of my best friends are steeler fans. But they are representing the AFC, and the AFC is head and shoulders above the NFC. I truthfully believe they will win, although ill be rooting for the Hawks.

Back
Top Bottom