My Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock

Nappy Roots said:
well i know for a fact they wouldnt take DE. but their OLine besides McKinnie was horrible last year, thats why the consistancy with RBs. They also had injuries at RB. Theyd have to trade up far to get a RB that fits their style of play. Lendale White certainly doenst.

Next year with everyone healthy, theyll have Michael Bennet, Mewalde Moore, Moe Williams, and Ciatrick Faison.

Michael Bennet- free agent
Mewalde Moore- too injury-prone
Moe Williams- short yardage only back
Ciatrick Faison- who knows, time will tell

In_Flames said:
Michael Bennet- free agent
Mewalde Moore- too injury-prone
Moe Williams- short yardage only back
Ciatrick Faison- who knows, time will tell

Bennet will probably resign IMO. hes not going to get a startin job elsewhere. Moe Williams is a short yardage and touch yard back, which would be a perfect mix for Moore and Bennet.

Nappy Roots said:
Bennet will probably resign IMO. hes not going to get a startin job elsewhere. Moe Williams is a short yardage and touch yard back, which would be a perfect mix for Moore and Bennet.

I understand what you are saying, but if either D.Williams or White is sitting there at the 17th overall pick I have to believe Minny would take them. I think one of the two could fall to 17 due to the fact that I don't really see any other team drafting a RB before the Vikes pick besides of course Houston with Bush and possibly Baltimore(Def. or RB) or Zona(QB or RB) with White or Williams, don't believe both teams will go RB ...just my opinion however...

as my sig says, im a USC Game****s fan, and Clemson is our biggest rival... that said, i would take Tye Hill before Ko Simpson any day of the week.

In_Flames said:
I understand what you are saying, but if either D.Williams or White is sitting there at the 17th overall pick I have to believe Minny would take him. I think one of the two could fall to 17 due to the fact that I don't really see any other team drafting a RB before the Vikes pick besides of course Houston with Bush and possibly Baltimore(Def. or RB) or Zona(QB or RB) with White or Williams, don't believe both teams will go RB ...just my opinion however...

you dont believe Philly will go RB? they sure as hell need one. a true RB like white would be perfect to pair with Westbrook IMO.

Nappy Roots said:
you dont believe Philly will go RB? they sure as hell need one. a true RB like white would be perfect to pair with Westbrook IMO.

I believe Reed will go Defense and draft Greenway at #14..

CharlestonPhan said:
as my sig says, im a USC Game****s fan, and Clemson is our biggest rival... that said, i would take Tye Hill before Ko Simpson any day of the week.

Different positions, different preferences. SD needs a S in the worst way, the would probably take Simpson ahead of Hill if they have it close. If they dont, if they have hill head and shoulders above, then theyd prolly take Hill.

i agree that Hill is a great talent, i watched him play alot with him being in the ACC.

Nappy Roots said:
:refuse:

hes gone at 11

could be, but I think the Rams will target a top DB.....overall I think you have a good, well thought out mock though...good job

In_Flames said:
could be, but I think the Rams will target a top DB.....overall I think you have a good, well thought out mock though...good job

definitly a possibility, i almost had Jimmy Williams going there.

thanks

Nappy Roots said:
This is my first mock. ill just do the first this time around.

1. Houston - RB Reggie Bush. IMO no brainer, most exciting player ive ever witnessed.

2. New Orleans - QB Vince Young. Gut feeling. Maybe to get some fans to the stadium, add some excitement to their team. Theyll bring in a vet to give vince some time.

3. Tennessee - QB Matt Leinart. IMO clearly better QB. Fits perfect with Norm Chow there.

4. N.Y. Jets - OT DBrickashaw Ferguson. Lets be honest with ourselves here. Their OLine is horrible, they have tons of money rapped up with chad. This is a must pick for the jets.

5. Green Bay - DE Mario Williams. The popular pick here is AJ Hawk. But i feel like they have no DLine what so ever. yes they got KGB, but when hes not getting double teamed on passing plays, hes getting dominated on running plays. they got grady jackson, who plays well on some plays. IMO DLine is a must here. It also wouldnt surprise me to see him pick Ngata here.

6. Oakland - LB AJ Hawk. perfect fit for them. need position and best value on the board.

7. San Francisco - DT Haloti Ngata. Lets not forget, they run the 3-4 defense now. Ngata would add some toughness to that soft defense. Would be a great NT for the 3-4, and help clog the middle.

8. Buffalo - TE Vernon Davis. add another weapon to the offense. i know they picked Evertte in last years draft, but his best asset, speed, may take a cut with his last knee injury. They want to take an OLineman here, but theres no one of value, so theyll wait til round 2. Davis is the Best vaule here, so they make the pick.

9. Detroit - S/CB Michael Huff. They have to make this pick. Huff can start at either Free or CB for them from game 1. Hes a playmaker they despreatly need on Defense.

10. Arizona - RB DeAngelo Williams. I really dont know that he will drop this far. IMO someone might trade up for him cause hes worth it. Zona drafted JJ Arrington from Cal last year in the 2nd round, many thought would be the rookie of the year, including me, who drafted him in my fantasy football draft :fire: . Hes been a disappointment. Williams is far to good to pass right here.

11. St. Louis - LB Chad Greenway. They need alot of help at Linebacker and in the defensive back field. So they pick the fast flowing LB that this defense has been built around in the past.

12. Cleveland - OLB Manny Lawson. He will play OLB in Crennels 3-4 Defense. Extremely quick first step should help their defense from day 1.

13. Baltimore - FS Jimmy Williams. Deon is retiring. In some peoples minds it may be a bit of a reach. IMO it isnt, and they need a replacement that can come and start right away at the Free position, Williams is polished and should convert without problems.

14. Philadelphia - RB Lendale White. They love this pick. Without many weapons at wideout, they can split Westbrook out wide to create mismatches, and also rotate them in and out keeping them fresh. Could also go DE Mathias Kiwanuka here.

15. Atlanta - DE Tamba Hali. IMO they might trade down for a Safety since Huff and Williams were already selected. But im not gonna do that. Their a team with plenty of pass rushing ability, but you can never have to much. Surprise pick might be Ernie Sims if he decides he will play Safety.

16. Miami - QB Jay Cutler. Yea I know hes risen up the board supposibly. But exacly like ive said before, i believe he gets out of the top 10. After no one is gonna take him unless someone trades up. yall know bout this so im not even going to go into it.

17. Minnesota - OT Winston Justice. Not a popular pick, but they need him. Gotta protect the 100 million dollar man. I believe they have enough RBs, they could go WR, but Koren Robinson has shown flashes of being a very good WR.

18. Dallas - WR Santonio Holmes. Good pick for them, add some speed to a WR crew that lacks much. He'll learn from to NOW underrated WRs in Terry Glenn and Keyshawn. Also, 1 team that IMO could be a factor in trading up for cutler.

19. San Diego - S Ko Simpson. This is a need pick. They simply are thin and crispy at the Safety position. Simpson adds a play maker in the secondary that runs a reckless type defense. Perfect for Simpson.

20. Kansas City - DE Mathias Kiwanuka. I wanted to go Ty Hill here, but i think Kiwanuka is far to talented to pass here. Im surprised hes still there as i am doing this. IMO his draft stock didnt drop much during the senior bowl, but if Phily dont take him at 14, he'll fall just by default IMO.

21. New England - CB Ashton Youboty. IMO I feel like Hill is the more talented one. But Youboty brings the size and smarts. BB cant pass on him here.

22. Denver (from Washington) - TE Leonard Pope. Their happy he fell here. Although not many teams are in need for a TE early this draft. Adds another weapon to that offense.

23. Tampa Bay - OT Jon Scott. I like this pick, feel like hes better than this actually. They need OLine in the worst way. I wanted to go with Ernie Sims here, due to him fitting their scheme so well, but OLine is just to big of need. Protect young Simms and Caddy.

24. Cincinnati - DT Broderick Bunkley. They need some playmakers on their DLine. Bunkley will definitly bring that. Extremely quick of the ball, and has really good leverage.

25. N.Y. Giants - OLB DeMeco Ryans. They cant believe he fell this far, neither can I.

26. Chicago - TE Marcedes Lewis. Obvious pick. They need Offensive weapons, Lewis is a great reciever from the TE position.

27. Carolina - WR Chad Jackson. They need some other kind of threat other than THE Steve Smith. Jackson would be a perfect possesion WR to compliment the speed of Smith and Foster.

28. Jacksonville - CB Tyle Hill. They need some Secondary. Could also see Darnell Bing here.

29. Denver - S Darnell Bing. Surprise pick, but great value pick. Good replacement for Lynch. Would prolly play Free before Lynch leaves.

30. Indianapolis - OG Max Jean-Gilles. They need interior OLineman. Jean-Gilles would be a great addition opening up more holes for whoever. The popular pick is RB. Theyll draft one in the 2nd, or get a Free Agent.

31. Seattle - LB Bobby Carpenter. Personally I think hes a 2nd round player, but looks like most feel he will go in the first. Would be a good fit for Seattle. Another play maker LB that can rush the passer. They also might go Lutui to replace Hutchinson. :evil:

32. Pittsburgh - RB Laurence Maroney. a RB falls almost every year. Steelers are extremely lucky here. Maroney can do somethings in pitt, who run alot, so without Bettis, they are gonna need another RB.

Thoughts?

1. I don't see San Fran taking Ngata, they need a DB, Huff or Williams
  2. The Jills doesn't need a TE, Ngata is their pick.
  3. The Lions need help in the back field but i don't think they draft one early, Winston Justice is their pick

Phins28 said:
  1. I don't see San Fran taking Ngata, they need a DB, Huff or Williams
  2. The Jills doesn't need a TE, Ngata is their pick.
  3. The Lions need help in the back field but i don't think they draft one early, Winston Justice is their pick

1 and 3 are to high IMO to pick those players.

Back
Top Bottom