My opinion on who I would hire as the new staff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on who I would hire as the new staff

I like the Zimmer hire. What has Bowles done to deserve a promotion? The secondary has been the weakest part of this D. I agree with an earlier post that Nolan checked out this year. The D was brutal the beginning of the year. He is gone for sure.

I like the Zimmer hire. What has Bowles done to deserve a promotion? The secondary has been the weakest part of this D. I agree with an earlier post that Nolan checked out this year. The D was brutal the beginning of the year. He is gone for sure.

IMO, the reason the defense was poor in the beginning of the year is due to the fact that half of the starters came into the year overweight.

I think the Nolan question is really important to how the team proceeds. I saw the report that Bowles took over the D calls and that's when we turned the corner. Plus it was Bowles and not Nolan that was made interim HC. IF that's true, it would indicate Nolan should go, and maybe Bowles was responsible for the improvement.

HOWEVER, just as likely that the report's not true, that it was more of an issue of conditioning and losing the OTA's, plus a little cronyism in giving Bowles the spot to help his name recognition going forward, than perhaps Nolan is still the high level DC that we thought he was.

Only Ireland and the insiders really know the truth, not sure we'll ever get to know, but it sure makes a big difference going forward.

Back
Top Bottom