my preferences for GM & OC

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
GMOC
1GambleLazor
2FarmerLinehan
3LichtKubiak

I wonder if Joe is in on the GM interviews to see who he clicks with the best?

It s/b a foregone conclusion that he is leading the OC interviews.

1. Gary Kubiak
2. Gary Kubiak
3. Gary Kubiak
4. Gary Kubiak
5. Gary Kubiak

Out of all the GM and OC candidates, he's the only one you can point to his body of work and say "Yup, that guy will make our football team better."

Kubiak and gamble. Not sUre why anybody wants anyone not named kubiak for OC. Dude made mike Anderson look like a good RB

OC (1) Farmer (2) Gamble (3) Licht
GM (1) Kyle Shanahan (2) McAdoo (3) Lazor

My concern re Kubiak is if he is hungry enough for the job. He has all the skills but the way things finished in Houston, he may need more time to regain the hunger.

Kubiak has health issues, so an OC is perfect. He won;t go back to coaching anymore. The other candidates are hot OC's that will look a HC job in a season or two

OC (1) Farmer (2) Gamble (3) Licht
GM (1) Kyle Shanahan (2) McAdoo (3) Lazor

My concern re Kubiak is if he is hungry enough for the job. He has all the skills but the way things finished in Houston, he may need more time to regain the hunger.

This

Kubiak as an offensive play caller has always been a success. Kubiak would be a steal and IMO he and RT would be ideal for the type of WCO he runs.

As for GM. I want the dolphins to have an identity that will stay for years to come.

If Kubiak is hired as OC, let's draft guys who fit his and Kevin Coyles system. In addition to this, let's get assistants coached up to eventually take if as co-ordinators, so that we have a continual process of drafting players that for the 'dolphins', much like you have heard about players the Steelers draft.

If we continually keep similar schemes, together with drafting this type if player, we will have depth throughout rusher and players who can always step in, without the constant process of always resetting and starting again, everytime a HC or Co-ordinator moves on.

Rant over lol

GM: Gamble, but he isn't coming here... Next would be Licht, Gaines and Vital.

OC: Malzahn, but he also wouldn't come here.. McAdoo, Kubiak and Lazor.

In that order.

GM
1.Gamble, 2.McLoughlin, 3.Farmer

OC
1.Lazor, 2.Shannahan, 3.Mcadoo

I like Kubiac, but with his health issues, he would just be a short term solution

The people we want the most are probably not going to come here. It sucks that we hear the names, though.

As far as Kubiak goes, I haven't commented on him because I personally dislike him. But I admit he'd be good.

Kubiak and gamble. Not sUre why anybody wants anyone not named kubiak for OC. Dude made mike Anderson look like a good RB

My concern w/ Kubiak is not health issues but still has Donkey stench on him.

Mike Anderson is/was a feel good rags to riches story and went to a college that I'm somewhat preferential to.

My hope is Lazor can help RT17 like he did Foles.

Farmer has ties to Carl P & believe worked w/ Aponte so it won't surpise me if he is the next GM.

The pro et contra evaluation required goes beyond whatever we can see but there are some key elements of what I would put in mind at both selection processes.

Aspects to consider before hiring an OC:
- Joe Philbin uses West Coast Offense and current roster is molded into WCO fundamentals. So Miami will continue using WCO variations. That limits the list and four names pop out: Gary Kubiak (former Texans' HC), Bill Lazor (Eagles' QB coach), Ben McAdoo (Packers' QB coach) and Kyle Shanahan (former Redskins' QB coach).
- Ryan Tannehill is on his 3rd year and he must be pushed to step up without breaking him. Bill Lazor and Kyle Shanahan worked with young passers in 2013 but Gary Kubiak shines as QB developer.
- Dolphins' running game was pathetic in 2013. A balanced offense complicate defensive tasks, and WCO is pass-based but requires a strong running game. Those that have been working as QB coaches could have problem handling it, while Kubiak knows the job.
- An offensive coordinator will prepare the offense creating strategies for every situation of gameday and developing both individual and collective abilities, but there must be a functional communication with his HC. Ben McAdoo leads here as close friend of Joe Philbin.

My favorite option would be Kubiak, but would accept Lazor or McAdoo.

Aspects to consider before hiring a GM:
- Miami should continue using WCO variations. Part of the problems with this team is the perpetual request for changes and willing to adopt new offensive styles leads to erase any development and eats a lot of cap space.
- Talent evaluators are tied with some fundamentals. Picking a guy with strong WCO linkage is a must.

My list: Gamble, Farmer then Licht

Back
Top Bottom