My quick observation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My quick observation

PS by no means am i saying he wont stop haveing the brian farts, but rather that he has to stop making them by Sept 8th.

How about Haley?This guy will be starting next year over Bowens if he keep improving..........

Originally posted by minus
I like what I saw from Fiedler for the most part..He made some nice throws between defenders and he was accurate for the most part..He was under pressure and over threw chambers about 7 yards...The offensie line was much better but the side that stood out was left side(Run blocking).The right side is still not where you wanted for run blocking..As you all know Ricky had a good game along with Edwards..Konrad is making plays out there when ever he get the ball..

On the Defensive side of the ball...
Haley was impressie ...He was getting penetration along with Chester but Haley really stood out ........
Ogunleye is playing at a higher level...He even made stop for a loss on a Allen carry..He deserves to be the starter and play most of the snaps ....He has potential to be a sack machine and a solid all around End...
Taylor was every where but what else you expect from him ....I dare to say he is the best all around End in the NFL...
Fletcher was dissapointing like a pointed out in the other threads(don't be fooled by the int.).
Surtain and Brock had some mis communication that would had resulted in a touchdown...Surtain wasn't at his best today ....

Im sorry, but fletcher was not that bad. i dont know why people want to crucify this guy. if you want the hard truth. Brock marion has sucked so bad this camp im starting to worry. i mean he got burned on tHE one that got called back and then he got burned later for tHE one that counted! get real. jamar fletcher will not be a problem. get off his back. he played ok. marion though, i would say he has his head up his A$$.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I love that Jay had a good start to the game, and he vastly improved from last week. I haven't seen the int yet, but from what i gather it was no where near a Dolphin WR. Chambers84 can start crying, but if these continue to happen in week 1 and 2 i will jump on the bashing Feidler bandwagon. I still am routeing for him and hope it never comes to this, but the way i see it our hopes for San Deigo hinge on the fact that Jay will stop throwing stupid ints. Our offense is improved, but our d isn't and they can't afford to try to make up for frequent mistakes made by a the QB. 19ints=first round exit.
>than 10 ints=first round bye

It is that simple, so if it apears Jay is on route for the first option i will be all for giveing him the hook early on. If he is on route for the latter I will buy a #9 jersey and life will be honky dorry. I doubt this was an issue last year because Ray didn't turn any heads in preseason, but you can't ignore what he has done this preseason. I think it is safe to say that there would not be any let down if #6 was behind center.

You Know what? that inT DIDNT EFFECT ANYTHING! it was nothing more than a punt. i dont mind INT's like that at all. people just want to see JF be perfect. get over it. that was a broken up play. put it into proper perspective. that did nothing to hurt us! it put them on the 15 yard line with OGUN and JT breathing down there neck! end of story. :monkey:

Like I said...at the end of the first half our Rbs were averaging like 3.2 ypc. Yet we had 3 scoring drives of 60+ yards (ok the FG drive was 59 yards so sue me). This tells me two things, one is that the running was more effective than it looked with support for that being the two rushing TDs. The other is that our QB wad doing a great job of gluing together these long drives that ended with points, even if he doesn't end up getting the TD on his own stat card. He converted third downs...he made long passes. He did well. A long int is no worst in that case than an incompletion that forces us to punt into their endzone.

Originally posted by Dajesus

>than 10 ints=first round bye

Pfft. You should just stop watching football now. You know how rarely that happens?? You ask a lot out of Jay that only Dan Marino himself could only do once in his entire career and only one QB could do last year.

That's the serious problem with Dolphin fans. Living in the past and making out past greats better then they were.

Jay doesn't suffer from bad luck he just suffers from a brain fart at least once evey game. That has to stop if Miami is going to be compettitive.

You are absolutely right about Jay having a brain fart at least once a game but most times (22-10) the TEAM has been able to over come them. After the second Jets game I was still piss off the next day so I think I understand your passion. Cheez especially against the Jets. Yet in last year's play off game JF had no help. No running game, no defense or special teams. Jay is going to throw picks, Ricky is going to fumble and our D is going to get beat. The only we get to the Super Bowl is if someone else makes a play to lift the TEAM.

Originally posted by finfan54

You Know what? that inT DIDNT EFFECT ANYTHING! it was nothing more than a punt. i dont mind INT's like that at all. people just want to see JF be perfect. get over it. that was a broken up play. put it into proper perspective. that did nothing to hurt us! it put them on the 15 yard line with OGUN and JT breathing down there neck! end of story. :monkey:

LOL you worry about Marion.The play that Marion got burned was miss communication between him and surtain ..Surtain thoguht he had helped deep ....Why you think now Dolphins are looking for a cornrback ..I watched the tape again and I saw fletcher getting beat couple of time...The int was not a great play by Fletcher, just Fletcher being in the right place.

I was pissed about the JIT.....well I'm still pissed about that Jit game! lol

I'll prob take that to my grave.

Originally posted by minus

LOL you worry about Marion.The play that Marion got burned was miss communication between him and surtain ..Surtain thoguht he had helped deep ....Why you think now Dolphins are looking for a cornrback ..I watched the tape again and I saw fletcher getting beat couple of time...The int was not a great play by Fletcher, just Fletcher being in the right place.

Minus we are looking for corner "depth". We really only have 3 corners that can play right now and if anyone were to go down with an injury we would have no 3rd corner. Fletcher played pretty good last night. There is no such thing as an invincible corner. Heck there are times when even Madison gets beat a few times a game (Jets game ring a bell?). The simple fact remains that Carr only had 69 yards in 3 quarters of play and that is damn good.

About Fiedler: the announcer last night, I think it may have been Mandich, said that it looked like Chambers stopped running to the ball and wasn't expecting it, so the int was the result of miscommunication. On the other hand, it did seem to have too much loft.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Minus we are looking for corner "depth". We really only have 3 corners that can play right now and if anyone were to go down with an injury we would have no 3rd corner. Fletcher played pretty good last night. There is no such thing as an invincible corner. Heck there are times when even Madison gets beat a few times a game (Jets game ring a bell?). The simple fact remains that Carr only had 69 yards in 3 quarters of play and that is damn good.

Ok ...The guys is constantly getting beat and he is not consistent out there..Of course every now and then a corner gets beat butN how can you say the guy has been playing well when he has been biggest question mark next to LT through out camp...They are looking some one to play the nickel and slide Fletcher to dime package..Yeah they are looking for depth along some one who can take the job from Fletcher....

Come on finfan54, my man Brock has a couple bonehead plays in the PRESEASON, and you're already calling for his head? The guy is a top 3 FS, he is saving himself for the regular season, as are most players on this team. Give him a break. If this happens once games start to matter, then you can call for his head all you want......

BMarion is good, but the top one in the game? I think he needs to get used to the different things our D is doing this year and he'll be fine.

I'm still gonna worry about every little bad detail that happens no matter who it though.

Back
Top Bottom