My quick observation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My quick observation

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Pfft. You should just stop watching football now. You know how rarely that happens?? You ask a lot out of Jay that only Dan Marino himself could only do once in his entire career and only one QB could do last year.

That's the serious problem with Dolphin fans. Living in the past and making out past greats better then they were.

OK maybee <than 10 is little to much to ask, but the number needs to be less than games played and TDs need to be more than 5 over the int number. Kurt Werner was the only other playoff QB that had more ints than games played, so unless Jay is on the brink of a 4000 yard season with 30tds then the ints have to drop considerably. Besides Werner the other 3 conference championship qbs had no more than 12 ints. In this offense there really shouldn't be many ints. Most of his passes will be dink and dunk and then the occasional deep ball to CC, but even that should be a calculated risk since the D will have to cheat up to stop RW and our underneath passing game. Your last part of your post was almost as moronic as telling me to stop watching football. Your the only one that brought up Dan's name. If we were asking Jay to try to win games by himself i would have no problem with him throwing 20 ints, but the fact is 90% of our offensive plays are running plays or passes no longer than 5 yards. There is no reason to throw 40 ints in 2 years when you run a conservative offesne. Yes this team has overcome it in the past, but this is not the same defense from the past.

No need to throw out insults DaJesus. Asking for under 10 isn't "a little too much to ask". It's amazingly outrageous to ask. Hence why I dug out Dan's name because your asking him to be better then Dan and pretty much every QB from last year.

All that we can ask for is that Jay throws more touchdowns then Interceptions. Hopefully he can throw for 7 more TD's then he does INT's which only 6 Qb's did last year.

but the fact is 90% of our offensive plays are running plays or passes no longer than 5 yards.

No not fact since Jay had the 6th highest yards per attempt in the league at 7.3 and is avg 9.8 per attempt this preseason.

Relying on stats, but not watching games. Look at last night one pass to Chambers, the 30 yard pass to Gadsen, one pass to ward, and then the int were the only passes thrown further than 5 yards. I am not sure about how many plays we ran but we had 24 by the end of the first quarter, so i would assume we had at least 40 plays by the end of the half. Oh what a surprise that would mean 10% of the plays were passes that were thrown longer than 5 yards. If a player takes a screen pass for a few extra yards that doesn't change the fact that the QB wasn't throwing downfeild. I think you threw insults in when you told me to not watch football anymore. I told you were right the first time, about <than 10 ints but for some reason you had to pound it home. I don't know if it was way off since the 3 pro bowl QBs(probably the worst group of pro bowlers in many years) for the AFC had no more than 12 ints. Anyway my point is we run a conservative offense(much like R. Gannon who had 9ints last year) so the int number should be rather low. That is why you run a conservative offense so you cut down the chance of ints and putting your defense in bad postions. I still don't see the conection to Dan Marino. I never said he threw very few ints, infact like i said before i never mentioned his name. I don't hold Jay to Dan's standards because they are asked to do 2 different things. Dan tried to throw for 300 yards every game so the coaches could deal with an int or two, but Jay is expected to make smart plays and don't put the D in a compramising postion.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
No need to throw out insults DaJesus. Asking for under 10 isn't "a little too much to ask". It's amazingly outrageous to ask. Hence why I dug out Dan's name because your asking him to be better then Dan and pretty much every QB from last year.

I just have to point this out again "amazingly outrageous".

Gannon 9ints
Stewart 11 ints
Brady 12 ints

None of these guys are hall of famers nor are they way above every other QB in the game. They are average QBs that play their conservative offense perfectly. That is what it will take for this team to go to the next level.

Originally posted by Dajesus

I just have to point this out again "amazingly outrageous".

Gannon 9ints
Stewart 11 ints
Brady 12 ints

None of these guys are hall of famers nor are they way above every other QB in the game. They are average QBs that play their conservative offense perfectly. That is what it will take for this team to go to the next level.

Congrats you just pointed out that only 1 QB did indeed have under 10 INT's like I said earlier. Pointing out those above 10 INT's doesn't help you since you are arguing the point of 10 INT's over a course of an entire season. Especially when of the 2, Brady, didn't play an entire season and this season has a good chance of coming back to earth. The other, Stewart, only had 14TD's and a QB rating 0.4 more then Fielder in his 'career year'.

Also If you look back at Brady and Stewart season, you will find that Fiedler was ask to do more than any of those two....The Dolphins weren't even as conservative as New England last year(Predictable yeah but not conservative.).STewart at one point had the one of the best running back of 2001..Teams actually had respect for the running game .......Gannon is a very good period and hopefully Fiedler becomes another Gannon.........

Originally posted by minus

LOL you worry about Marion.The play that Marion got burned was miss communication between him and surtain ..Surtain thoguht he had helped deep ....Why you think now Dolphins are looking for a cornrback ..I watched the tape again and I saw fletcher getting beat couple of time...The int was not a great play by Fletcher, just Fletcher being in the right place.

i didnt say it was a great play. i was talking about what his man did all night. not much. BTW, obviously you have it out for fletcher cus it was Surtain and marion that were getting burned. and miscommunication? cmon man. brock marion has been playing for us forever and same with surtain. get real. marion got burned in the endzone too against the AInts! Marion has looked real bad. worse than anyone else.

I don't know why i bother this is like pounding my head against a wall, but i can't stand the level of homerness(new word) at this site lately. I said twice now that <than 9 ints is a little much, but i guess you aren't right very often so you want to pound it home. The comment of amazingly outrageous was off and thats why i posted how many ints the top 3 in the afc had. I don't think 12 ints to 9 is an amazing jump, but maybee we just think differently. If you read my first post it was not judgeing what Jay had done, but what he would need to do to take the Dolphins to the next step. Those 3 qbs all took their teams a step further than Feidler and all 3 had very close to 9ints, and all had less ints than games played. To the other guys comment about Feidler's offense being less conservative, that was last year before RW came to town, and i still don't know if i would agree with you. And yes Kordell had a top RB, but so do we now so as i originally said Jay has to keep his ints down and the offense should support that.

Dajesus for what it matters, I agree completely.

Homerness. Is insults all you can do when people point out obvious fallacies in your argument?

Your argument was that for Jay and the phins to not get a 2nd round blowout that he would have to put together a season in which he had under 10 INT's. So you then say maybe it's a "little" much to ask and then question the outrageousnous by indeed finding the fact that only ONE QB did that. You haven't changed your argument so yes indeed it has to be pounded home since (you keep going back to the argument of 10 INT's by digging up these pro bowl QB #'s) your so fond of saying you aren't a Jay basher but don't mind harping on him every chance you get with unrealistic expectations. Heck if he threw for 32 TD's and 17 INT's to you that means we automatically get blown out in the 2nd round? Or how about more reasonable #'s of 3600 yards and 23 TD's and 14-15 INT's.

See DaJesus when you say something like:

OK maybee <than 10 is little to much to ask, but the number needs to be less than games played and TDs need to be more than 5 over the int number.

but keep going on about 10 INT's then I don't neccessarily see it as you even believing what you are saying. All I see it as is appeasing to the poster while still harping your subject.

At least we agree in the end that he does have to improve on his INT rate.

I still don't know how you figure we are going to be less conservative then last year when players could call out what we were doing and everyone was bitching about how conservative Chan Gailey was.

Now we have Norv Turner, we have Chambers starting, a rookie TE who might turn out to be a pretty good player, A healthy Dedric Ward and of course Ricky Williams who caught 60 passes last year and we are going to be...........more conservative? I just don't see that.

More creative doesn't mean we will be airing it out. Norv will live and die with RW pounding and FBs and Tes catching balls. That is what he has done his whole carreer.CC will get his shots, but i bet you will see alot less of just having CC run deep and Feidler chucking the ball. As far as your other comment your right i have no idea what i am talking about, i know nothing of this sport or the Dolphins, and i just throw out insults because i can't hang. Now i have admitted that please don't use adjetives that you have no grasp of. Peace i am done with this.

Back
Top Bottom