My shot at a fins mock draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My shot at a fins mock draft

Wake up everbody!

Alex22 said:
Only doing four rounds him

1st- Michael Huff- Would sure up our secondary in coverage and he can tackle.

2nd- Brodie Croyle- If he stays healthy he could be great.

3rd- Ernie Simms- Great linebacker, somewhat small at 6'0 but has all the physical tools to have success

4th- Jeremy Bloom- You will almost never have a guy with this much talent at WR around in the 4th round, but he has been out of football for 2 years and has size issues at 5'9, but he runs under a 4.3 and catches everything

I have looked at the dozens of responses to this post (and I like the players on here but Huff and Sims are very unlikely to be available and a young QB won't lead us the promised land for many years) and nobody has figured it out. Saban I feel sure realizes the value of d-line, and we have an aging one who was solid last year and the out of shape crybaby. He will draft Bunkley/Watson in the first unless he is enamored with a big guy he thinks he can get later. There are 3 that he is very familiar with that come to mind Wroten and Williams from LSU (2nd round maybe?) and Golston from GA who could be had in the 3rd or 4th. (He was the number one recruit in the country, regardless of position, coming out of high school and has worked his way back from a car accident.) What does every Superbowl team for the last eight Superbowls have in common? A pro-bowl caliber fat guy.

Here is the past 8 Superbowls

2006: Bernard/Hampton
2005: Wilfork/Simon
2004: Jenkins/Buckner/Ted Washington
2003: S. Adams/Sapp
2002: Seymour/Zgonina (he was good back then)
2001: Griffin/Siragusa/Adams, S.
2000: Farr/Fisk (Ok there is an exception)
1999: Traylor/Pryce/Hall

The All-NFL team for the past few years:

2003-2005 Seymour
2002-2003 Jenkins
1999-2002 Sapp
1999- Pryce
2001- S. Adams/Washington

Is it a coincidence that teams that recently made the Superbowl drafted DTs in the first round? The Hateriots drafted Seymour and Wilfork. Jenkins, Simon, both early round studs. What happened to the Colts D this year when they added Simon? They went from worst to first (almost). What happened to Philly D when they lost him. Great to bad. What do you say? The next mock get some big boys in there! :dolphins:

HEDAZHELAS24 said:
yea none of those will probably me there..huff is a top 10 pick, we dont have a second right??, sims is a seconf right now and is a freak so hes going to have good workouts and combine, and bloom?? we have welker and he isnt even committed

Yes we have a 2nd

NPG said:
What happened to the Colts D this year when they added Simon? They went from worst to first (almost). What happened to Philly D when they lost him. Great to bad.

:lol: Simon was not the missing piece to either defense. There were far more factors involved.

SabanEra84 said:
Our greatest needs will depend on how free agency looks for the team. after the FA period ends, i feel our needs will be this...

QB
LB
S
CB
DT
FB
WR

i think miami will land bentley or hutchison, saban said those 2 guys are on the top of the list for who they want to get

need another good young LB, zach is great but he won't last forever

we need a hard hitting safety. a john lynch type that will make recievers think otherwise about going over the middle

we have good young corners but we need more. madison is on his way out, poole is coming off a season ending injury and i think he will be a nickle corner for us (replacing howard)

traylor isnt going to be a long term solution and we need a big fat run stuffer

i think FB is a position they need to improve on, its always good to have an extra lead blocker

depends on TO and FA, i think they need to snag a fast, deep threat receiver

I agree. I really think we'll sign one of the stud O-linemen, and probably take another lineman lower in the draft. The 1st and 2nd round picks will obviously depend on who falls. I dont think there is anyway we draft a QB in the first round without trading up to grab one of the top 3. Also, there is no way Huff falls to 16, he'll most likely be taken in the top 10.

My prediction for Day 1 thus far (barring any trades or FA signings):

1. Justice
2. Chad Jackson or Ernie Simms
3. Whitehurst

Alex22 said:

3rd- Ernie Simms- Great linebacker, somewhat small at 6'0 but has all the physical tools to have success

4th- Jeremy Bloom- You will almost never have a guy with this much talent at WR around in the 4th round, but he has been out of football for 2 years and has size issues at 5'9, but he runs under a 4.3 and catches everything

Simms will go in the 1st
Croyle is about Right
Huff is a top 10 pick

Alex22 said:

Of course we all like Huff and Croyle but I think Huff will be gone....Croyle is 50-50 that he'll be gone....Simmms doesn't seem like the type that Saban is looking for imo...just not big enough....at WR I'd rather have Brando Marshall of UCF.

Ozzy rules!!

Alex22 said:

Huff would be great. No one I would pick over him other than maybe Jimmy Williams.
Croyle would be great too because we got a Stud defender in the first and a QB to develope in the 2nd.
No way Simms is there and I think they will go LB or Safety with that pick.
For Bloom thats a huge reach for us since he is a main return man and we have Wes Welker. yeah yeah Wes is going to be more of a recveir. OK he returns how many kicks a game does he really not need to do that to be a better WR? He is not going to be anymore than a 3rd WR at the most and he could still return kicks while he does that.

Skeet84 said:
Huff would be great. No one I would pick over him other than maybe Jimmy Williams.

Huff is by far the top DB in this draft.

SpeedRush99 said:
Huff is by far the top DB in this draft.

I would agree to a certian extent. I would probably pick Huff over Williams, But I think a shut down corner is better than a good safety. I am almost 100% we will not have to worry about which one to pick tho LOL.

NPG said:
I have looked at the dozens of responses to this post (and I like the players on here but Huff and Sims are very unlikely to be available and a young QB won't lead us the promised land for many years) and nobody has figured it out. Saban I feel sure realizes the value of d-line, and we have an aging one who was solid last year and the out of shape crybaby. He will draft Bunkley/Watson in the first unless he is enamored with a big guy he thinks he can get later. There are 3 that he is very familiar with that come to mind Wroten and Williams from LSU (2nd round maybe?) and Golston from GA who could be had in the 3rd or 4th. (He was the number one recruit in the country, regardless of position, coming out of high school and has worked his way back from a car accident.) What does every Superbowl team for the last eight Superbowls have in common? A pro-bowl caliber fat guy.

Here is the past 8 Superbowls

2006: Bernard/Hampton
2005: Wilfork/Simon
2004: Jenkins/Buckner/Ted Washington
2003: S. Adams/Sapp
2002: Seymour/Zgonina (he was good back then)
2001: Griffin/Siragusa/Adams, S.
2000: Farr/Fisk (Ok there is an exception)
1999: Traylor/Pryce/Hall

The All-NFL team for the past few years:

2003-2005 Seymour
2002-2003 Jenkins
1999-2002 Sapp
1999- Pryce
2001- S. Adams/Washington

Is it a coincidence that teams that recently made the Superbowl drafted DTs in the first round? The Hateriots drafted Seymour and Wilfork. Jenkins, Simon, both early round studs. What happened to the Colts D this year when they added Simon? They went from worst to first (almost). What happened to Philly D when they lost him. Great to bad. What do you say? The next mock get some big boys in there! :dolphins:
that's what manny wright is for.

Back
Top Bottom