My Take On The Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Take On The Game

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just like last week there were some good things and some bad.

Rosen-Played better than the stats would show. He was 10-18 but I counted 5 drops so very easy he could have been 15-18 with more yards and longer drives. He escaped pressure more than once and completed passes that way. Tanny would have just gotten sacked.

He had a couple of bad passes including one that should have been an INT. Hard to play behind our O-line at the moment for all 3 QB's.

Laird- Comes to play hard every week and had a nice game last night considering how bad the o-line was. Is in a battle with 3 other guys for one or two spots depending on how many RB's they keep.

There was actually a pass rush last night and we were coming from all directions.

Harris actually played well. The kid does works and plays hard. Need to see more tho.
Baker is fast but needs to bring the guy down. Still, nice game by him.

Did we strike gold again in Canada with the LB? He had a nice game too.

Now for some bad. Williams with 3 drops tho one was a little more difficult. Nice catch for a TD that was called back cause he stepped on the line but still a nice play.

At least 3 other guys dropped passes and that's not good.

The O-line. We couldn't get a yard up the middle with no push at all up front. They did ok with pass protection but not great. If we can't run the ball then our QB's will have it even harder out there.

Props to the coaching staff for giving many guys a chance to play and several guys a chance to play with the "starters". Love going for two after the TD. Why not?

Overall we have a lot of work to do, specially up front. Next week will tell us more of course.

I like Rosen’s pocket awareness. It’s very good. I did not like that throw that should have been picked. That and the one he threw last week were really terrible balls. I have to say, so far, o line play or not, I’m not impressed - he seems like an erratic player who will make big plays and bad plays routinely. Needs to get better.

My takeaway on the QB play after two games...Rosen looked a lot better playing with the backups against Atlanta than Fitz did playing with backups last night.

I guess people are expecting a QB Messiah to drop from the sky. Otherwise, I don’t know how some can overlook what has been very solid play from Rosen. Yes, he’s had two very poor throws in his two appearances. But the kid is 22 years old with 12 games under his belt. His ball placement on the majority of his throws has been tremendous. His pocket movement and awareness has been very good. He’s got the arm talent. He stood tall in the pocket last night and completed throws with pressure in his face, and he also made one great throw on the run.

I don’t see how you can’t be optimistic about Rosen if you’re a Dolphins fan.

Good analysis, I’ll add my 2 cents.

I like what I saw from Laird too. Right now I have him neck and neck with Gaskin for Rb3. Walton is just too slow and lacks vision. He’s a easy cut imo.

Eguavoen well I’m in need to learn how to spell and pronounce your name. He’s put McMillan on notice so maybe we’ll see some improved play if he can ever get on the field.

Williams looked like a guy pumped up by the hype. Those three drops we really bad and all on 3rd down. However this game changes nothing. He’ll bounce back due to natural talent and continue to push for time with the ones. That play just before half shows why.

Calhoun had his lunch eaten all day long. He simply isn’t ready and I’m doubting he ever will be. I imagine reed will kick back out there or Grier will have to scour the waiver wire. Yuck.

Prince held his own again looking strong in the run game and fairly decent in pass pro. The local gurus all hated the pick, though maybe they’re wrong and he can at least be a back up who develops into something?

Finally the qbs. I was discouraged by Rosen’s play until I saw Fitz. Fitz looked like he was throwing the competition. His reads, his throws, he just looked like he was robotic or going through the motions as maybe he expected not to play in this game? I’d rather cut him and roll with Rosen and Rudock as if Rosen gets hurt this season is a wash anyway.

My takeaway on the QB play after two games...Rosen looked a lot better playing with the backups against Atlanta than Fitz did playing with backups last night.

I guess people are expecting a QB Messiah to drop from the sky. Otherwise, I don’t know how some can overlook what has been very solid play from Rosen. Yes, he’s had two very poor throws in his two appearances. But the kid is 22 years old with 12 games under his belt. His ball placement on the majority of his throws has been tremendous. His pocket movement and awareness has been very good. He’s got the arm talent. He stood tall in the pocket last night and completed throws with pressure in his face, and he also made one great throw on the run.

I don’t see how you can’t be optimistic about Rosen if you’re a Dolphins fan.
I agree. Pocket awareness has been great so far. He's made some very good throws and yes, he's had two bad passes in two games. That's really not bad imo.

Laremy Tunsil playing completely changes the OL.

Jerome Baker is going to absolutely kill it this year.

Rosen has some work to do.
It is a different game with Tunsil out there but we need to get better at the other 4 spots up front.
I like the way Baker is playing and the way he's been use but I also like the other kid from the Canadian league.

Tunsil truly helped the OLine look decent. It was night and day with him in there. Prince once again held his own, showcasing his long arms in pass pro. I realize it was against backup type guys, but the technique was what I was looking for. Charles Harris played very well and showed off his cat quick pass rush on his 2nd sack of the game. Maybe the lights gone on? Maybe he knows it's a contract year? I also thought the run defense was very stout. The DE's are really setting the edge so far. The DT's have been hard to move out and the LB's are filling the gaps. Great job.

Laremy Tunsil playing completely changes the OL.

Jerome Baker is going to absolutely kill it this year.

Rosen has some work to do.
Rosen has impressive pocket awareness though. He just needs to clean some things up but I think Fitz completely played himself out of the competition

That cfl LB was good as was Baker the LBs are actually decent

Just like last week there were some good things and some bad.

Rosen-Played better than the stats would show. He was 10-18 but I counted 5 drops so very easy he could have been 15-18 with more yards and longer drives. He escaped pressure more than once and completed passes that way. Tanny would have just gotten sacked.

He had a couple of bad passes including one that should have been an INT. Hard to play behind our O-line at the moment for all 3 QB's.

Laird- Comes to play hard every week and had a nice game last night considering how bad the o-line was. Is in a battle with 3 other guys for one or two spots depending on how many RB's they keep.

There was actually a pass rush last night and we were coming from all directions.

Harris actually played well. The kid does works and plays hard. Need to see more tho.
Baker is fast but needs to bring the guy down. Still, nice game by him.

Did we strike gold again in Canada with the LB? He had a nice game too.

Now for some bad. Williams with 3 drops tho one was a little more difficult. Nice catch for a TD that was called back cause he stepped on the line but still a nice play.

At least 3 other guys dropped passes and that's not good.

The O-line. We couldn't get a yard up the middle with no push at all up front. They did ok with pass protection but not great. If we can't run the ball then our QB's will have it even harder out there.

Props to the coaching staff for giving many guys a chance to play and several guys a chance to play with the "starters". Love going for two after the TD. Why not?

Overall we have a lot of work to do, specially up front. Next week will tell us more of course.

Generally agree. I hate to pick a nit, not at you specifically, but watch an NFL game. ANY NFL game. watch both QBs. How many of those games have a QB who DOESN'T throw a pass that would have been an INT if only . . . How many QBs throw a pass that hits the dirt short of the receiver? Now, I'm not using that to say Rosen is as good as Brady (who throws 'almost' picks every game). But, I'd like a conversation of overall play, dropping the 2-3 bad plays every QB has.

Jones-Smith and (I think) Holden didn't show much. Calhoun would play well, but then have 2-3 plays that were, umm, less than ideal.

Deluca looked active. Eguavoen looked surprisingly good. Didn't watch the DBs much, but Rowe looked best of the bunch.

Cox seemed to get held up more than he completed his block. Let's say 'inconsistent.'

Generally agree. I hate to pick a nit, not at you specifically, but watch an NFL game. ANY NFL game. watch both QBs. How many of those games have a QB who DOESN'T throw a pass that would have been an INT if only . . . How many QBs throw a pass that hits the dirt short of the receiver? Now, I'm not using that to say Rosen is as good as Brady (who throws 'almost' picks every game). But, I'd like a conversation of overall play, dropping the 2-3 bad plays every QB has.

Jones-Smith and (I think) Holden didn't show much. Calhoun would play well, but then have 2-3 plays that were, umm, less than ideal.

Deluca looked active. Eguavoen looked surprisingly good. Didn't watch the DBs much, but Rowe looked best of the bunch.

Cox seemed to get held up more than he completed his block. Let's say 'inconsistent.'
Well I agree on the Rosen almost pick and that's why I said two bad passes in two weeks is not bad. It's also hard to play QB with no real running game to help. I think he did well. We need to remember that every player/team will have bad plays. It's how you bounce back that really matters. You have 60 minutes to have more good plays than bad.

I like Rosen’s pocket awareness. It’s very good. I did not like that throw that should have been picked. That and the one he threw last week were really terrible balls. I have to say, so far, o line play or not, I’m not impressed - he seems like an erratic player who will make big plays and bad plays routinely. Needs to get better.

I will say the throw to Williams definitely looked like a miscommunication issue over a careless attempt. It is preseason and this is the time to work on that.

He was much more controlled this week. And it was hard for Coach Flo to criticize him when interviewed at halftime. He was very complimentary, only got on him for taking a sack or two too many, which he only started taking once they pulled Tunsil/Kilgore/Davis.

I liked what I saw from Rosen. I'm not sure the near miss Int was actually a bad pass. He put plenty of air under it and it's not like the safety came over and dropped the pass. The wideout needs to track it better. I havent seen anything from Walton either so he needs to light it up week 4 to have a shot here. I still think our 3rd back will be a waiver claim. Even though we have less talent on the front 7, if they play with discipline they can out perform "better talent"

Back
Top Bottom