My Take On The Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Take On The Game

I thought that our Defense competed pretty well for most of the game, especially the D-line. Errors were made but the big DTs all had their moments. Christian Wilkins, Davon Godchaux and Vincent Taylor all looked good and even Charles Harris got a good sack at DE. He looks like he's put on some muscle. Although he's disappointed to date this is his third year and don't be surprised if he shows improvement. Tank Carradine looks like a good low cost addition to the team.
Wilkins putting pressure on the Bucs O-line up the middle was good to see.
He got his pad level nice and low on that pass rush, and exploded..

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me one bit, if Miami chose to cut bait with both Kiko Alonso and Raekwon McMillan. Miami is getting solid LB play from guys like Hanks and Watson in reserve roles and great play from Baker and Eguaveon as the starters. Van Ginkel has stood out as well. He really has looked solid in his sub package role.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me one bit, if Miami chose to cut bait with both Kiko Alonso and Raekwon McMillan. Miami is getting solid LB play from guys like Hanks and Watson in reserve roles and great play from Baker and Eguaveon as the starters. Van Ginkel has stood out as well. He really has looked solid in his sub package role.

Got to see what that Kiko hit is cap wise, maybe a late designated cut, but ya - it’s hard to argue.

Its like R jones, his time here is limited either way.

https://overthecap.com/player/kiko-alonso/2256/

That would sting if I am reading it correctly, which is way after this year is much better. Idk

I still have him slightly ahead of Walton but the difference between the 2 is small. I would say based on what the to rotation has been, Gaskin comes in before Walton on Thursday... alternating.

I mean if you have to pick one over the other, Waltons past does not work in his favor...

Yea. I believe we will see a resolution Monday to his legal issues so this could resolve itself next week.

But Walton has to be more decisive on his runs. I know there ain't much there but he can't bounce like he did at Miami and expect positive results.

But he seems to be getting a lot of burn in key areas during camp (goal line and third downs) and I think that could go a long way in keeping him.

Did Van ginkel even play? I didn't notice him

Got to see what that Kiko hit is cap wise, maybe a late designated cut, but ya - it’s hard to argue.

Its like R jones, his time here is limited either way.
I think Kiko's cap hit is now a post June 1 cap designation, this late in camp. He's got the easier cap hit to swallow if they release him. As for Jones I think he's here this year based on his contract numbers but it gets a bit easier to release him as well in 2020 as a post June 1 designation. I'm hopeful they'll find trade partners for Kiko and whoever they are looking to release.

This is the worst OLine in the NFL. Wait till they have to play an entire game against 1st team DLines. Both QBs are going to get killed.
The rest of the starting team is barely average. Most of the backups are garbage.
Expect for Howard and Tunsil this team has zero elite talent.
Tampa is an average team at best and they have at least 10-12 players that are good not 2 like the Dolphins.

But it is a positive because Tua can be the goal and signing OLineman in free agency can provide hope. Lets just Grier does not have his head up his butt again or he needs to be gone.

A lot of fans seem to be down on McMillan. I am no where near ready to pull the plug on this guy. Given time with real coaching I think he is going to surprise all the nay sayers.

This is the worst OLine in the NFL. Wait till they have to play an entire game against 1st team DLines. Both QBs are going to get killed.
The rest of the starting team is barely average. Most of the backups are garbage.
Expect for Howard and Tunsil this team has zero elite talent.
Tampa is an average team at best and they have at least 10-12 players that are good not 2 like the Dolphins.

But it is a positive because Tua can be the goal and signing OLineman in free agency can provide hope. Lets just Grier does not have his head up his butt again or he needs to be gone.

th

th

lol... It seems no matter the post subject …. Tua this, Tua that … Oline sucks blah blah blah … Grier sucks blah blah blah … would be good for fans to say something supportive once in awhile

Given the team actually practiced against the Bucs for a couple of days I thought the team looked better than last week while still holding their cards close to the vest … Baker flashed and the Defensive front held their own for the most part... still a lot of younger guys moving in and out … hope to see more polish in game 3 ...

Watching the Ravens … it looks like our first game is going to be very challenging

Raekwon is still on his rookie contract.

A lot of fans seem to be down on McMillan. I am no where near ready to pull the plug on this guy. Given time with real coaching I think he is going to surprise all the nay sayers.

They were already planning on pulling him off the field on passing downs. He has an uphill battle, tearing his ACL was really unfortunate. Just the way I see it

I may be off, but considering both teams practiced with each other, and really had no game plan when they met last night, I will not be to hard or excited with any of the guys, unless someone was completely horrible or completely dominant.

Like always, next weeks game will give us a better understanding where we're at.

Hope they allow Rosen to start again...not like Fitz was better or lights out last night.

Back
Top Bottom