my thoughts on the oline after watching every snap 3 times. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my thoughts on the oline after watching every snap 3 times.

Technique can be coached. Athleticism can't. We have two blocking systems on the one line. Carey and Colombo right now are a liability due to athletic ability... a tough thing to improve on as you go into the season. Id rather go with 2 young guys that you can coach up... and at the same time, balance the OLine.

I simply can't understand what this coaching staff is seeing in the Left side being the 'move' side and the right side being the 'immobile' side, which in essence is what it is.

Concerning to say the least.

Ideal O-line

the oline was horriable as we all know, but pouncy was pretty good and ingognito was solid. carey was just plain pathetic i bet he dont even make the team, he seems out of position at G maybe age is just catching up, colombo is just as bad, both of these guys were on the ground almost every play after getting abused. murtha actually played decent, not good but decent. bottom line is carey and colombo have gotta go as starters. there is no way garner should not be starting at RG and murtha at RT or bring in someone else. carey and columbo are done period. thats just my observations after watching each play and focusing on the oline.

I prefer:
Long - Garner - Pouncy - Incognito - Murtha

Garner is one of our better lineman and it baffles me why he isn't starting. This line looks solid to me.

I prefer:
Long - Garner - Pouncy - Incognito - Murtha

Garner is one of our better lineman and it baffles me why he isn't starting. This line looks solid to me.

I am not sure who would be the better LG when it comes to pulling. Incognito or Garner.
But you are right. Those are our 5 best lineman.

I have to agree. Garner looks much more fluid, and his hand work is better.

Pouncey is just getting out muscled. I'm wondering if maybe him not being in an NFL training regiment is the culprit? He's not getting swam around, he's just getting a pure bullrush and being driven back. That was a major concern of mine, and why I had hoped that we'd stick Incognito @ center and Pouncey @ RG when facing the Patriots and Jets, simply because they will blow up our middle.

Pouncey needs to pack on some pure muscle. I know his brother put on 11 lbs of muscle with the Steelers during his first year with the Steelers, so I'm thinking our Pouncey needs a similar treatment

man...i'm just getting to watch the game for the first time right now and i'm behind the actual broadcast early in the 1st quarter and i have to say vernon carey looks terrible...he's slow as ****...we seriously need to consider cutting him if this is what we're gonna get...i'm hard pressed to think a guy with that slow feet can still play a solid right tackle...

lydon murtha exactly what i saw on tape last week...struggling majorly with strength...the first sack where clayborn walked murtha back into henne clayborn had his hand in murthas facemask while he was pushing him back...thats a freakin penalty...where's the damn official watching the tackle play positioned??? that **** was obvious...kids gonna wear a target on the left side if he plays...he can't handle strength

on the henne sack fumble bush recovery we got a jailbreak at right guard where careys mans in the backfield in a nanosecond colombos destroyed and murthas beaten like a mule...jeesh...

on another note i watched every snap of the bengals panthers game to see if our oline was solid or the panthers d was just garbage and let me tell you the bengals ran the ball down the panthers throats...if the panthers don't have the worst d in football it will have to be one of the 3 worst...jon beason can only do so much...

i see weaknesses at left tackle (murtha) right guard (carey) left guard (incog...can't pull if his kids were being held hostage) and right tackle (colombo)

man...i'm just getting to watch the game for the first time right now and i'm behind the actual broadcast early in the 1st quarter and i have to say vernon carey looks terrible...he's slow as ****...we seriously need to consider cutting him if this is what we're gonna get...i'm hard pressed to think a guy with that slow feet can still play a solid right tackle...

lydon murtha exactly what i saw on tape last week...struggling majorly with strength...the first sack where clayborn walked murtha back into henne clayborn had his hand in murthas facemask while he was pushing him back...thats a freakin penalty...where's the damn official watching the tackle play positioned??? that **** was obvious...kids gonna wear a target on the left side if he plays...he can't handle strength

on the henne sack fumble bush recovery we got a jailbreak at right guard where careys mans in the backfield in a nanosecond colombos destroyed and murthas beaten like a mule...jeesh...

on another note i watched every snap of the bengals panthers game to see if our oline was solid or the panthers d was just garbage and let me tell you the bengals ran the ball down the panthers throats...if the panthers don't have the worst d in football it will have to be one of the 3 worst...jon beason can only do so much...

i see weaknesses at left tackle (murtha) right guard (carey) left guard (incog...can't pull if his kids were being held hostage) and right tackle (colombo)

The tandem Colombo and Carey are the worst players on the team at their respective positions. We need to sign some waived players to replace them. Carey is a real disappointment. What the hell happened to him. The team payed him well over the years and he performed below the paycheck. Now it looks like he doesn't care about playing. His belly sags half way to the ground when he line up, just pure fat. He has to not only move his fat but the opposing player. He is not that strong. Colombo is a stiff. He cannot bend or twist and faster ends just blow past him. The stronger ends just go right through him. Just another bad player from Dallas.
Murtha and Incognito are servicable players because they play hard and give good effort. Murtha is better suited to play right tackle, Incognito is ok at right guard. They are not long term solutions, but there is no way we can change all the defective parts 2 weeks before the season.
We need to sign a good veteran center, and a guard or tackle.

Back
Top Bottom