My Two Favorite Teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Two Favorite Teams

Re: Re: Re: My Two Favorite Teams

Originally posted by FFiB

It has become a real good excuse for some BS and embarrassing injury.

Not garbage at all. Cleat selection for games are a science and are picked directly to match the turf that is being played on. Any change in that surface is IN FACT an injury risk. Been there, done it and played on fields like it. No BS whatsoever.

If the infield would be so dangerous you can bet that the NFL or the players union would have stepped in.

Yeah, right.
If in fact that was the case artificial turf would already be gone! Philadelphia's field was a wrecking ball on players for MANY years before it was finally changed. Where was the players union?

The only disadvantage I see is (and it was mentioned by several players) if one line is on grass while the opposing line is already on the infield. The line on the dirt has a disadvantage since it is more of a slip and slide.

After a paragraph of saying it's just players Whining and there is no disadvantage to the dirt infield...... now you agree that there is a disadvantage! That's the whole point! Slipping and sliding as you put it is exactly what can cause major injuries. If you have cleats designed for one surface that hits another it can slip, then catch leaving a player off balance and in awkward positions.
This is what causes muscle, tendon pulls and snaps.

Originally posted by FFiB

BTW, I did step once from that grass over to the infield. It is a rather smooth transition.

You once Stepped from the grass to the infield?
Stepped?
Stop it, you're killing me! :lol:

No offense but what kind of basis for judgement is that.
Try running, planting and shifting direction at full speed on it and pass judgement. Have a 300 LB. guy shoving you from grass to dirt and see how your legs react when the surface changes. Hell at least power walk over it before calling the numerous players that complain about it pansies! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom