My words exactly.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My words exactly....

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
Check out this article from ESPN. Excellent article and right on point. In my opinion, the game should NEVER have to come down to a kicker. :cool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1644933
:confused:

the article is about Ricky and how our running game it too predictable
Not surprisingly, Williams has refused to blame his line or the offensive design for the first-down problems, noting generically that the team simply needs better execution. But with defenses keying so much on the run, and future opponents likely to borrow from the New England blueprint, it's obvious Miami must alter its approach, no matter who lines up at quarterback on Monday night.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
In my opinion, the game should NEVER have to come down to a kicker. :cool:

No it shouldn't have. But it did, twice. And we screwed it up, twice.

hey, there are a lot of close games in the nfl...i could see a tough division game coming down to a field goal...can't you? the fins had TWO SHOTS to win the game and didn't. the fins offense is not structured to score 40 pts. a game...the fins have a tough time scoring 20 pts. these days. the point is the fins rely on a stout defense and ball control to win games and grinding it out...those are the ingredients in place for this team to win...oh, i also forgot to mention...a good kicker to win some games for us...and guess what...that's exactly what took place against the Pats. Everything was in place for the Fins to win last Sunday. and Mare blew it....not once but twice. hey, a wins a win and i don't care how we do it. sure i would love to win every game by 20 pts. or more...but that's not the blueprint for this team's success.

GO FINS!!!

Re: Re: My words exactly....

Originally posted by dolphan39

I don't get it either.

This has been talked about to death on this board. Article after article and yet Norv doesn't change the play calling. Why?

Wait a minute!!!!!

Five man fronts don't matter....

They should be able to block that... :rolleyes:

but how many games come down to exactly that (the kicker lining up a last second or last minute field goal)? it is a part of the game. they have to hold up there end of the bargain, all players do, and the coaches do as well. it is a team game.

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
but how many games come down to exactly that (the kicker lining up a last second or last minute field goal)? it is a part of the game. they have to hold up there end of the bargain, all players do, and the coaches do as well. it is a team game.

Usually several per year. If you think about that the kicker can swing a 9-7 team to 7-9 or vice-versa.

Originally posted by Muck

No it shouldn't have. But it did, twice. And we screwed it up, twice.

You got that right! :fire:

that second kick should not have happened considering on that drive your receiver caught a ball out of bounds but got away with it.

Originally posted by dolphan39

LOL! :D I know where I led you astray. That's my fault guys.

I was on another thread called "Shoddy Coaching Decisions" and I stated my opinion about Norv's predictability on first down is killing the offense and he needs to change up his play calling.

What was written in the article on the link I posted up top is exactly what I've been saying all alone.

People are blaming the game on Mare missing the FG's, and yes; he is to blame for missing them. Kickers can be unpredictable, as we just experienced, but the game should be won with our offense and defense, not kicking.

Mare isn't the root of the problem. Norv's playcalling on first down is primarily the problem for our offense failing to move the ball.
If Norv wasn't so predictable on first down, it puts us in a better position to convert our third downs which would keep our offense on the field longer and give us more scoring opportunities, but you see from the avg. yds we gain on our first downs, we're caught with a lot of third and long situations.

Sorry for the confusion fellas...:lol: ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom