My words exactly.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My words exactly....

someone else jumping on the Norv is predictable :bandwagon

What happened to Norv Turner, offensive guru? These days, the "offensive" in that title takes on a whole new meaning. Miami's coordinator deserves credit for playing to his team's strengths, but there is such a thing as overusing those strengths. The Dolphins run on first down almost without fail, and though Ricky Williams is a great back, he can't run through walls. Last week, the Patriots regularly ran five-man fronts on first down and shut him down. Fine, quarterback Jay Fiedler has a noodle arm. But if you don't let him use it once in a while on first down, he'll just have to make that many more throws with it on third-and-long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=predictabilitykills&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I dont care how predictable we are we had a chance to win this game and just like every important game we found a way to be the losers.
The Fins always seem to be the ones that lose these type of games.
Our D held them to only 13 points and all our O had to do was score 14 and we win, yet we end up losing in overtime why? Why is it our team has to lose these type of games?

Norv is good enough, Ricky is better then good enough, Our wide outs are good enough, Our D is one of the best in the league, and we lose at home to a team that is missing half their starters. This comes down to believing in the system and this team does not believe, not hart and soul. When we are in a game like the New England game..., I had a feeling the Pats would win, because we always lose games like that this team is no different then years past. I believe we will not make the playoffs not even as a wild card. Once again we are better then our record will show and this is the worse then being 1-15 becuse at least you know where your team stands at 1-15, but with the talent this team has to lose games like we did Sunday is horrible to watch and except.

I don't mean to be bringing anyone down but if this team believe's then I don't care if you run the ball 100% of the time on first down you will be sucsessfull. Just look at the Packers of the early 60's with the end aroud they ran that play to death and dared you to stop them ,every team knew they were going to run the play they one SB after SB with that play. So this crap about being predictable is just that CRAP!!!
This team just doesn't believe in themselves, or the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys honestly think that NT is just being stubborn and truly being that predictable despite the results and heat he's been getting for it? I personally think that he's setting up some big things for the offense when it's really needed. There's a reason why NT gets the respect that he does. He's won championships with this style hasn't he? I say we all jsut hang on and watch to see what happens. I personally like the fact that we've shown a different style from years past because abviously they weren't working. Despite the questions this early in the season I think the O will be alright!

Back
Top Bottom