Nails upset with Wanny calling him out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails upset with Wanny calling him out

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
I do not know If this is a good or bad thing, but I read the article and It says that Jamie Nails is upset about Wanny calling him out with his play. So many of you want Wanny to get on his players for when they mess up, well now he ha sstarted this trend. Now this will have one of two affects on the players.

1-Players will not like the comments and will want to improve their play so they do not get called out (Hopefully this happens)

2-Players will get upset with Wanny, and Wanny will lose this team once and for all.

So which is it folks, you still want him to get on his players or what?

He should get on his players. You have to let guys know when they **** up. Nails messed up this year and he deserved to get called out. It is a good start.

Actually I wish he woulda called out Todd Wade he was healthy and played liked **** at least Nails has an excuse.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Actually I wish he woulda called out Todd Wade he was healthy and played liked **** at least Nails has an excuse.

Todd Wade was probably our best lineman this year. He started every single game and was the most consistant in all of our lineman.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I do not know If this is a good or bad thing, but I read the article and It says that Jamie Nails is upset about Wanny calling him out with his play. So many of you want Wanny to get on his players for when they mess up, well now he ha sstarted this trend. Now this will have one of two affects on the players.

1-Players will not like the comments and will want to improve their play so they do not get called out (Hopefully this happens)

2-Players will get upset with Wanny, and Wanny will lose this team once and for all.

So which is it folks, you still want him to get on his players or what?

Personally, as a coach myself, I think a coach MUST get in his players face when he has tried other means to motivate a player not up to par. However, I don't think it's a good idea to get in a players face publicly, unless the situation calls for it (player publicly acting like a clown, etc).
I know JJ used to use the media alot and frankly some of the things he did wouldnt work for most coaches. Nobody likes to be embarrassed in public, and only a few coaches have been able to use that as a means to motivate players (Parcells, JJ, etc). Even High School kids don't usually respond well to that.

it's one thing to call them out in meetings. it's another to do it in public. i think considering the fact that realistically nails should not have even been playing this year that he did alright. he will be back to form next.

wanny needs to hold his players accountable, but he needs to do it appropriately.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Todd Wade was probably our best lineman this year. He started every single game and was the most consistant in all of our lineman.

Didn't everyone on our line start all of the games this year?

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23

Didn't everyone on our line start all of the games this year?

:rolleyes: No.

Wade Smith started every game but he struggled at times.

Jamie Nails I believe missed one game and McKinney played in his position.

Tim Ruddy did not start a game or two, and McKinney started.

Todd Perry was injured one game, where I think Yates started.

I don't think anyone on the offensive line has any right to get upset about being called out for their poor play.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
it's one thing to call them out in meetings. it's another to do it in public. i think considering the fact that realistically nails should not have even been playing this year that he did alright. he will be back to form next.

wanny needs to hold his players accountable, but he needs to do it appropriately.
'

I agree with you DOLPHAN1,, but the problem is that rarely (if at all) in the last 4 years has Wannstedt held ANY of his players accountable...

I do think that JJ was to the extreme when he seemed to almost ALWAYS berate the play of a particular player using the media...

It just seems like Wannstedt doesn't want to be the bad guy...

And that (imho) is one of the reasons why this team has problems in December ....

:D

Marino1983

Any of our O linemen who get upset because the coach calls them out should be looking for another job in the offseason. Actually, MOST of our O line should be looking for another job in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom