Nails upset with Wanny calling him out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails upset with Wanny calling him out

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Before he called anyone on our team out, he shouldve called Mark Royals out!....then Charlie Rogers.
mark royals was cut after the 3rd game.no need to call royals out would not have done any good he done the right thing by cutting him and getting turk.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
it's one thing to call them out in meetings. it's another to do it in public. i think considering the fact that realistically nails should not have even been playing this year that he did alright. he will be back to form next.

wanny needs to hold his players accountable, but he needs to do it appropriately.

It's funny, when he does out his players in public some will say he's wrong. When he doesn't they say he's soft.

This is not directed at you, but it just seems Wanny is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with some ppl.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Prime Time

Todd Wade was probably our best lineman this year. He started every single game and was the most consistant in all of our lineman.

Todd Wade our RT? Sorry he's not worth what he thinks he's worth. The only way he is back is if no one else wants him and he has to come back to town for a small contract.

If he is leaves his below AVG play won't be difficult to replace.

Oliver...

Originally posted by welderpat
Any boss that dont know "praise in public critisize in private"
Shouldnt be the boss.

can't have it both ways.... people wanted to see DW get in players faces, and when he does it's wrong? no...

"It's funny, when he does out his players in public some will say he's wrong. When he doesn't they say he's soft."

i'm not upset with his calling someone out in public. i think he needs to be more careful who he calls out. no one knows how he handles accountability in private so what he does in public is critical.

i think calling nails of all the line players out is a stretch. the fact that he was even on the field in less than a year after his achilles injury is amazing. he was bound to have bad games and they should have been handled in private. he gave that consideration to smith(the rookie). i don't remember him ever really plastering him in public.

ruddy was a swinging door to the backfield and i didn't hear anything about him. the whole line was playing like crap. he should have called out the whole line. i just don't agree with his singular choice in this case. i guess his psycology degree has failed him on this one.

There was no reason Wanny to call out Nails!!!....Nails could not work out in the offseason so he put on like 30 lbs and wasnt physically ready!!!....This is just 1 of many reasons why wanny NEEDS TO GO!!!....It was Wanny's f-in fault he didnt address the problems with the O-line to start with in the past offseason!!...So he could call out anyone he wanted to but it just goes on to his own shoulders for screwing **** up!!!

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
"It's funny, when he does out his players in public some will say he's wrong. When he doesn't they say he's soft."

i'm not upset with his calling someone out in public. i think he needs to be more careful who he calls out. no one knows how he handles accountability in private so what he does in public is critical.

i think calling nails of all the line players out is a stretch. the fact that he was even on the field in less than a year after his achilles injury is amazing. he was bound to have bad games and they should have been handled in private. he gave that consideration to smith(the rookie). i don't remember him ever really plastering him in public.

ruddy was a swinging door to the backfield and i didn't hear anything about him. the whole line was playing like crap. he should have called out the whole line. i just don't agree with his singular choice in this case. i guess his psycology degree has failed him on this one.

I'm certain he has more info than any of us here as to why and who he chose to call out.

Oliver...

Originally posted by KBISBACK
That's bunk.

Todd Wade is a top 5 or 6 right tackle in the entire NFL. The attention he will get in free agency will show this.

His play does not reflect your comment.

I wouldn't even say Wade is good enough to be an average starter. He hasn't played well since his first season in the league. He will get attention in free agency because of his size, but whoever signs him will be very disapointed when they see him play on the field.

oliver,
that's my point. the public perception is that with all that he is recovering from he is gonna have some sympathy. plus i don't think he is the type of player that needs that type of public attention.

my yre on this is based on the fact we don't know how he handles his player behind closed doors. based on WHAT I DO know, nails is not the one that i would publically call out. so from that stand point i have a problem.

now, the situation could very well be that, based on what was said behind closed doors, he needed to say something in public. we will probably never know.

my perception is that he could have called someone else out and this would not have even really been an issue.

Simple Nails!!!!!!!!! Just play better and you won't have to worry aboput the coach getting on you.

You guys have to understand football a little bit. Having offensive line and coordinator changes isn't easy for a player. Coordinators and offensive line coaches have to tweak their techniques to their desired blocking scheme. Therefore that is one of the main reasons that we haven't seen Todd Wade perform as good as he used to in his rookie year. Turner changed his blocking schemes in 2003 as well. In 2002 we had success because turner used a lot of misdirection plays which we found success and gave Ricky a lot of room to run through holes.

Still, Todd Wade could have played a lot better and it seem that he couldn't handle the change. THat is part of the game and he is responsible for everything he does in the field.

As for wannstead being a critic to his fellow players, he should call him self out for some of the bad decisions he's taken this team.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
That's bunk.

Todd Wade is a top 5 or 6 right tackle in the entire NFL. The attention he will get in free agency will show this.

Key there is being, RIGHT ???????? I guess??

Back
Top Bottom