National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

and attempted murder, along with armed robbery...but he is innocent right!!!

Timmy54 said:
Lets see, more SEC championship games won than any other team, more SEC championship apperances than anyone......We also have been pretty good in bowl games. Plus, I have been to both stadiums, the swamp rocks for every game, the shoe only gets going for bigger games and it holds more.

Haha...."the Swamp" over The Shoe, huh??:lol:
I've heard everything now....

You're trying to compare the White House to a shack.
The Shoe is the mecca of College Football

And WOW...you've won lots of conference championships YET that only translates to ONE FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?!?! I guess that's saying TONS about the good ol' SEC, huh?!?!

Open mouth...enter foot.

OSUDauby said:

And WOW...you've won lots of conference championships YET that only translates to ONE FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?!?! I guess that's saying TONS about the good ol' SEC, huh?!?!

Open mouth...enter foot.

Well the Bills did win 4 straight conference championships before, but never the super bowl. 4 Straight is a pretty damn impressive feat. And tons of SEC championships is pretty damned impressive too, considering there's no playoff, like there is in the pros.

white house to a shack, oh boy you have no clue, while the shoe is nice, there is no more intemidating place to play than the swamp!!! It is hot, humid, and the fans are screaming and chomping from the begining to the end.

Anybody know the breakdown of SEC vs BIG 10 national championships. I know SEC has to have a pretty good number with BAMA, TENN, LSU won one...I have to dispute which conference has more.

And your right Dauby, we only have one NC until Jan. 8th, thats cause we actually have to play against good teams every year all year long, it is difficult to go undefeated in a top classed conference. We dont get to play ILL, Purdue, and the other softies of the Big 10.

I stand corrected...SEC has 15 NC while UM alone has 12 (i think)

You are insane if you're comparing the Shoe to anywhere else.

Like Dauby said..... theres the Rose Bowl, theres the Big House, Theres the Shoe.

From the moment you walk in the environment is amazing..... when the band (the best band in the nation, hands down, nobodies better) heads down onto the field everyone goes crazy. My arm-hair is standing up while i type this.

The history, tradition and total experiance at Ohio Stadium is second to none.

Timmy54 said:
white house to a shack, oh boy you have no clue, while the shoe is nice, there is no more intemidating place to play than the swamp!!! It is hot, humid, and the fans are screaming and chomping from the begining to the end.

Anybody know the breakdown of SEC vs BIG 10 national championships. I know SEC has to have a pretty good number with BAMA, TENN, LSU won one...I have to dispute which conference has more.

And your right Dauby, we only have one NC until Jan. 8th, thats cause we actually have to play against good teams every year all year long, it is difficult to go undefeated in a top classed conference. We dont get to play ILL, Purdue, and the other softies of the Big 10.

SEC(est 1932)
Ten - '98, '51, '50, '38
LSU - '04, '58
Florida - '96
Alabama - '92, '79, '78, '73, '65, '64, '61, '45, '34, '30, '26, '25
Arkansas - '64
Ole Miss' - '60
Auburn - '57
Georgia, '80

Big Ten (est 1896)
OSU - 2002, '68, '61, '57, '54, '44, '42
Michigan - '97, '48, '47, '33, '32, '02, '01
Penn State - '86(not in Big Ten), '82(not in Big Ten)
Michigan State - '65, '52, '51
Minnesota - '60, '41, '40, '36, '35, '34
Iowa- '58
Wisconsin - '42
Illinois - '27, '23

NCs since 1932(SEC formation)
SEC- 20
Big Ten- 23(not counting Penn State's 2)

NCs/ year of existence
SEC- .27/year (20 over 74 years)
Big Ten- .245/year (27 over 110 years)

Unshared NC's since 1932
SEC - 1998, 1996, 1992, 1980, 1979 (5)
Big Ten - 2002, 1968, 1948, 1941, 1934, 1933 (6)

Timmy54 said:

Vandy, SC, Mississippi, Kentucky?

TroySmith10 said:
You are insane if you're comparing the Shoe to anywhere else.

Like Dauby said..... theres the Rose Bowl, theres the Big House, Theres the Shoe.

From the moment you walk in the environment is amazing..... when the band (the best band in the nation, hands down, nobodies better) heads down onto the field everyone goes crazy. My arm-hair is standing up while i type this.

The history, tradition and total experiance at Ohio Stadium is second to none.
FAMU is the best! Everybody wants to play them just for their halftime show

OSUDauby said:

Open mouth...enter foot.

:lol: What a joke.

Ok you OSU homers, I have been to the big house, the shoe, and the swamp (have not made it out to the Rose bowl yet). I can tell you I was not impressed with the shoe, the big house is crazy (was there for OSU vs UM) but the swamp is just insane. It doesnt matter if it is a nobody game or LSU comming to town, the swamp is rocking. Until you experience it, you have to statement against the swamp.

I personally felt the shoe was old, uncomfortable, very very big, and the upper deck was a mile from the feild.

Timmy54 said:
I personally felt the shoe was old, uncomfortable, very very big, and the upper deck was a mile from the feild.

Well, everything here is said PERFECT. You are a Gator, you should be uncomfortable in THE SHOE. It is VERY, VERY big...nearly 106,000 fans at every game. And C deck (upper deck) is my favorite place to see the games...best view of the stadium.

It is old for a reason, we have more than enough $$ to build a new stadium...BUT the Shoe is a college football icon. It is a symbol that represents college football as a whole--not just Ohio State.

Ohio State Football was the first college sport to gross more than $100 million in profits last season. Second most was Texas with $92 million...and that was comming off a national championship season. Believe me, if OSU wanted a new stadium, they would build one.

i didnt say your schoold doesnt have money. I also visited OSU before I was a gator! at the time, i really was pulling for NC State (where i went to grad school). I am glad you like your stadium but for my money the swamp is the best place in college football.

OSUDauby said:

Open mouth...enter foot.

It seems even ole' Herbstreit thinks the swamp is a great place. Certainly worth mentioning with the Shoe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/columns/story?columnist=herbstreit_kirk&id=2565216

BTW: He has 4 SEC locations in the top 10, and only 2 Big Ten.

He is ranking based on the total experience he gets at each place, not just the stadium itself.

Back
Top Bottom