National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

Cuban Dave 9 said:
No, Don't use stats...Remember OSU is #79 in public School academics
Wow...I bet you feel stupid now---don't you....
http://www.clemson.edu/usnewsrankings/usnewstop50.htm

#19 THE Ohio State University....

Guys, LISTEN....I'm always right.

BTW, Ohio State is #57 WITH Private schools included (I.E.-Yale, Harvard, MIT, etc...) So, I'm not sure where your #79 stat came up. Maybe you were thinking what Florida's offense was ranked this year in the NCAA?:)

Stitches said:
Dauby said #19 when trying to belittle my school.
Stiches....

Listen, when I post, I back it up with facts. I provide links, I provide stats...I cut off the extra fat and give you the "meat."

People don't like me because I speak the truth and the truth hurts sometimes. Now, you know I wouldn't steer you wrong there little fella.

Now, stay away from strangers with candy and listen when I speak.
Run along now little buddy.:wink:

OSUDauby said:
Yet Troy Smith won the Heisman by doing all that he did and rarely playing the 4th quarter.

Had Troy played entire games, he would have been well over 300 yrds a game and most like ave. something like 4-6 TD passes a game.

Think before you post...it'll help you not look so uninformed.

I've seen lots of games where Troy played the whole thing and had 3TDs or less often. And I don't think he'd have many more yards or TDs anyways. Sitting oh so many times in the 4th quarters, his backup still only had 24 attempts. That would only be like 300 more yards total, and maybe 6 more TDs total. Certainly not enought to average out to 300+ yards/game or 4-6TDs/game.

OSUDauby said:
Stiches....

Listen, when I post, I back it up with facts. I provide links, I provide stats...I cut off the extra fat and give you the "meat."

People don't like me because I speak the truth and the truth hurts sometimes. Now, you know I wouldn't steer you wrong there little fella.

Now, stay away from strangers with candy and listen when I speak.
Run along now little buddy.:wink:

I never said you were wrong, I was correcting them. So I'd appreciate your condescending tone to stop. Little buddy. :wink:

OSUDauby said:
Wow...I bet you feel stupid now---don't you....

#19 THE Ohio State University....

Guys, LISTEN....I'm always right.

BTW, Ohio State is #57 WITH Private schools included (I.E.-Yale, Harvard, MIT, etc...) So, I'm not sure where your #79 stat came up. Maybe you were thinking what Florida's offense was ranked this year in the NCAA?:)
I don't think you were in on the joke

Stitches said:
I've seen lots of games where Troy played the whole thing and had 3TDs or less often. And I don't think he'd have many more yards or TDs anyways. Sitting oh so many times in the 4th quarters, his backup still only had 24 attempts. That would only be like 300 more yards total, and maybe 6 more TDs total. Certainly not enought to average out to 300+ yards/game or 4-6TDs/game.
Are you kidding me?!?
If Ohio State is up big on opponets....WHICH THEY WERE MANY GAMES, why would they continue to throw the ball and stop the clock?
And if the back up QB is in, I would assume that A.) Troy Smith was hurt (which he never was) OR B.) The intention was to run the clock out by RUNNING the ball.

Troy Smith was out of 85% of th games 3 minutes into the 4th quarter.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
I don't think you were in on the joke

Possibly, BUT I am not here to joke. I am a divine being sent from Woody Hayes and the Buckeyes to show all non-Buckeye believers the light.
You are all living in football sin....root for Ohio State and ye shall be spared the embarrassment of being the next victim.

OSUDauby said:
Possibly, BUT I am not here to joke. I am a divine being sent from Woody Hayes and the Buckeyes to show all non-Buckeye believers the light.
You are all living in football sin....root for Ohio State and ye shall be spared the embarrassment of being the next victim.
Let me have what your smoking

OSUDauby said:
Are you kidding me?!?
If Ohio State is up big on opponets....WHICH THEY WERE MANY GAMES, why would they continue to throw the ball and stop the clock?
And if the back up QB is in, I would assume that A.) Troy Smith was hurt (which he never was) OR B.) The intention was to run the clock out by RUNNING the ball.

Troy Smith was out of 85% of th games 3 minutes into the 4th quarter.

I know they wouldn't continue to throw. That's exactly the reason why he wouldn't get 300+ yard/game on average or 4-6 TDs/game.

And go check the game logs if you think Troy Smith were out of 85% of the games 3 minutes into the 4th quarter. Only way that might even be close to being technically correct is because Troy Smith doesn't play defense.

Since you like to post facts. 85% of the games would be about 10. So that would mean he didn't play in majority of the fourth quarter in all but 2 games(Penn state/Michigan just off the top of my head are 2 he played out). Yet it's funny that back up quarterbacks didn't log any stats in 6 games. Which is closer to around 50%. Seems to me he was in longer than 3 minutes into the 4th in more than 15% of the games.

OSUDauby said:
You mean to say "you're." Maybe you should stop smoking.:lol:

Just like you mean to say "opponents" and "the." Maybe you should be less critical about typing errors that are commonplace.

OSUDauby said:
Are you kidding me?!?

Troy Smith was out of 85% of th games 3 minutes into the 4th quarter

Back
Top Bottom