NBA 2005 Mock Draft [1st Round] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA 2005 Mock Draft [1st Round]

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,118
Reaction score
90
Age
32
Location
East Berlin, PA
NBA 2005 Mock Draft [1st Round]

*Portland trades #3 overall to Bobcats for #5 overall and 2006 1st round pick
*Atlanta trades 31 overall and players to Seattle for 25 overall

1. Bucks - Andrew Bogut C Utah
2. Hawks - Marvin Williams SF UNC
3. Bobcats - Chris Paul PG Wake Forest
4. Hornets - Deron Williams PG Illisnois
5. Blazers - Martell Webster SG/SF HS Sr
6. Jazz - Gerald Green SG/SF HS Sr
7. Raptors - Antoine Wright SG Texas A&M
8. Knicks - Fran Vazquez PF Spain
9. Warriors - Channing Frye C Arizona
10. Lakers - Charlie Villanueva PF UCONN
11. Magic - Danny Granger SF New Mexico
12. Clippers - Chris Taft PF/C Pittsburgh
13. Bobcats - Hakim Warrick SF/PF Syracuse
14. Timberwolves - Raymond Felton PG UNC
15. Nets - Sean May PF UNC
16. Raptors - Joey Graham SF OSU
17. Pacers - Rashad McCants SG UNC
18. Celtics - Monta Ellis PG HS Sr
19. Grizzlies - Rudy Fernandez SG Spain
20. Nuggets - Johan Petro C France
21. Suns - Ike Diogu PF Arizona St.
22. Nuggets - CJ Miles SG HS Sr
23. Kings - Andrew Bynum C HS Sr
24. Rockets - Ersan Ilyasova SF Turkey
25. Hawks - Jarrett Jack PG Georgia Tech
26. Jazz - Kennedy Winston SG Alabama
27. Heat - Andray Blatche PF HS Sr
28. Knicks - Mickael Gelabale SG/SF France
29. Pistons - Wayne Simien PF Kansas
30. Spurs - Ronny Turiaf PF Gonzaga

Since i have a trade with the 31 overall im gonna show you the 31 overall as well

31. Supersonics - Francisco Garcia SG Louisville
 

MiaBalla99

Scout Team
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami
Doubt it Webster will go that high, Gerald Green should be ahead of him
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,118
Reaction score
90
Age
32
Location
East Berlin, PA
MiaBalla99 said:
Doubt it Webster will go that high, Gerald Green should be ahead of him

Actually Portlands #1 player on there board is webster but they can get compensation in trading down with charlotte so they will grab webster at #5...Green has potential to be the next T-Mac but at 6''8 hes very lanky and doesnt have the muscle as webster does

Gerald Green 6''8 200 lbs.
Martell Webster 6''7 230 lbs.
 

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Joined
Jul 30, 2002
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Nice mock. I've seen Vasquez to the Raptors a lot. I'd rather see Taft go to the Lakers than Villanueva. One guy I like who will fall is Jarrett Jack. And Francisco Garcia has proved he's a gamer, whoever picks him up at the end of the first will be very happy.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
Nice work! Let me make some notes here....
Buddwalk said:
NBA 2005 Mock Draft [1st Round]

*Portland trades #3 overall to Bobcats for #5 overall and 2006 1st round pick
*Atlanta trades 31 overall and players to Seattle for 25 overall

I'd be surprised if Charlotte doesn't end up handing over the #13 in that deal instead. Any future pick they trade would almost have to be lottery protected, and thus might not be of any value for 3 or 4 years. No, I think the Blazers will insist on (and get) the 13.

1. Bucks - Andrew Bogut C Utah
2. Hawks - Marvin Williams SF UNC
3. Bobcats - Chris Paul PG Wake Forest
4. Hornets - Deron Williams PG Illisnois
5. Blazers - Martell Webster SG/SF HS Sr
6. Jazz - Gerald Green SG/SF HS Sr

Don't the Hornets have enough point guards? Speedy Claxton and Dan Dickau won't make you forget Magic Johnson or anything, but on a team with that many needs, they're plenty good enough for now. I don't see Green getting by them, and I definitely don't see him getting by the Blazers if they're at 5. They love the kid (because God knows, that's a GREAT place for an impressionable high school kid to go).

7. Raptors - Antoine Wright SG Texas A&M
8. Knicks - Fran Vazquez PF Spain
9. Warriors - Channing Frye C Arizona
10. Lakers - Charlie Villanueva PF UCONN
11. Magic - Danny Granger SF New Mexico
12. Clippers - Chris Taft PF/C Pittsburgh
13. Bobcats - Hakim Warrick SF/PF Syracuse
14. Timberwolves - Raymond Felton PG UNC

I would be shocked if the Lakers pass on Felton if he's there. I also can't see the Knicks passing on Frye for yet another power forward (though you never know with Isiah). Actually, I think Felton goes at 7; the Raps have been searching for a point forever.

15. Nets - Sean May PF UNC
16. Raptors - Joey Graham SF OSU
17. Pacers - Rashad McCants SG UNC
18. Celtics - Monta Ellis PG HS Sr
19. Grizzlies - Rudy Fernandez SG Spain
20. Nuggets - Johan Petro C France
21. Suns - Ike Diogu PF Arizona St.
22. Nuggets - CJ Miles SG HS Sr
23. Kings - Andrew Bynum C HS Sr
24. Rockets - Ersan Ilyasova SF Turkey
25. Hawks - Jarrett Jack PG Georgia Tech
26. Jazz - Kennedy Winston SG Alabama
27. Heat - Andray Blatche PF HS Sr
28. Knicks - Mickael Gelabale SG/SF France

I would be thrilled about this...

29. Pistons - Wayne Simien PF Kansas

...but I think he's gone long before 29. Simien measured a legit 6'9, which removed the biggest concern teams have about him: ability to play the 4 in the pros. He's probably going top 20.

30. Spurs - Ronny Turiaf PF Gonzaga
31. Supersonics - Francisco Garcia SG Louisville
[/quote]

I think Garcia's going to be an excellent pro. I take it you're making that projection based on Ray Allen leaving town?
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
I believe your mock draft is pretty fair. But i must tell you this, i am a big Rockets fan and they dont need a PF. Howard is already a good PF for the team. When he was hurt last year, it really effected the game play. The Rockets really need a PG and i think that Jarrett Jack is the guy.
 

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
9,308
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Location
S.F. Bay Area
For the most part I like it, although as a Lakers fan, I can tell you they won't be drafting a SF. They already have Kobe, Caron an dOdom for that spot, its covered. Granted Kobe generally plays the two, but he swings over on occasion. Lamar played the 4 last year but only because that didn't have anyone else. L.A. will either draft a PG or PF. My guess is a PG here and a PF in the second round since there are so many.
 

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
6,579
Reaction score
0
Location
Strong Island
I hope the Knicks don't take an international player. Not because I'm prejudice or anything but the last one they drafted (Frederic Weis from Vince Carter dunking over him fame) never showed up!
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,879
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
Most mocks have Martell Webster going to The Magic at 11.
If the Magic decide to move Dwight Howard to center then I
would'nt mind Sean May being our new PF.
 

burton87

Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Arizona
PhinDude88 said:
I believe your mock draft is pretty fair. But i must tell you this, i am a big Rockets fan and they dont need a PF. Howard is already a good PF for the team. When he was hurt last year, it really effected the game play. The Rockets really need a PG and i think that Jarrett Jack is the guy.

Haha, nooonoonoo 88, the rockets biggest need ATM is a PF.
Sura and James are a more than decent combo as our PGs. Sure, Howard played well last year when he started, but do you really want Weatherspoon/Padgett splitting time during the season? No. I hope Warrick from Syracuse drops far enough for us to get him... Ethier that or some big foreign guy noone has heard of..

Our PF position is held by some of the oldest players in the league and we need some youth there 88.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
bobdroopy said:
Haha, nooonoonoo 88, the rockets biggest need ATM is a PF.
Sura and James are a more than decent combo as our PGs. Sure, Howard played well last year when he started, but do you really want Weatherspoon/Padgett splitting time during the season? No. I hope Warrick from Syracuse drops far enough for us to get him... Ethier that or some big foreign guy noone has heard of..

Our PF position is held by some of the oldest players in the league and we need some youth there 88.



You do have a very strong point there, but as of right now i just dont see PF as the biggest need for the Rox. We need to pick up a good young PF in FA and draft a PG that can shoot the ball well. I really like James alot, but he needs to be our 6th man off the bench. Sura needs to start at SG and Wesley can come off the bench aswell.
 

burton87

Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Arizona
PhinDude88 said:
You do have a very strong point there, but as of right now i just dont see PF as the biggest need for the Rox. We need to pick up a good young PF in FA and draft a PG that can shoot the ball well. I really like James alot, but he needs to be our 6th man off the bench. Sura needs to start at SG and Wesley can come off the bench aswell.


On the rockets, Sura would be more effective as a PG than a SG. I don't know what you mean by I really like James alot, but he needs to be our 6th man off the bench. becasue he is our 6th off of the bench...

Wesley is a streaky SG than can have high and low points, but you gotta love the toughness than him and sura add to backcourt..

If I'm using your logic, we'd need to draft a SG in the draft..
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
bobdroopy said:
On the rockets, Sura would be more effective as a PG than a SG. I don't know what you mean by I really like James alot, but he needs to be our 6th man off the bench. becasue he is our 6th off of the bench...

Wesley is a streaky SG than can have high and low points, but you gotta love the toughness than him and sura add to backcourt..

If I'm using your logic, we'd need to draft a SG in the draft..


For the James coment. I really dont think that he can be that much effective for us if he starts. We really need a good shooting PG to come off the bench and add spark to the game play. Yes, i do admire Wesley toughness, but he cant keep on having his high and lows. Some games Wesley will do good for us to cause wins, then there are some games on where he cost us the games. Wesley will be better off as coming off the bench like James.


I dont really have that much NBA knowledge because i just really got into basketball 2 years ago. I could be wrong in some points, but hey i am still learning.
 
Top Bottom