NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion

FiN.in.RI said:
whew.. that was very deflating.. Watching Doc's press conference made it easier to take though..

Good game, Detroit.

When Blount hit that 18 footer I almost lost it.. I know it's early yet, but he looks like a completely different person from last year.

We could have really used Tony Allen in that situation with .8 seconds left, but Hamilton is a great player and he drilled a heck of a shot.

It was a great game, hopefully we bounce back tomorrow night in Charlotte.

Man, the Knicks made me sick tonight. Missing big free-throws in the 4th was the nail in the coffin. Something's got to give with this team and Marbury has to go. I can't stand this guy anymore!

The Nets will win the Atlantic, however i still think the Sixers will turn it around. Losing to Charlotte is in-excusable, and you could argue Milwaukee is still not a very good team, however The Sixers are missing C - Samuel Dalembert, their ability to rebound is horrendous, they cant block shots without him either, the defense goes from bad to worse. I think when he comes back next week they should be fine. I'm still not sold on Boston or New York however, i think the two of them will both be on the outside looking in come May. But who knows, it's still early in the season anything could happen.

This division will be no contest at the top w/ the Nets easily winning it but there will be a big battle for 2-4 w/ Bos Philly & NY battling and I think every combo is possible and Toronto is a lock for last.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
The Nets will win the Atlantic, however i still think the Sixers will turn it around. Losing to Charlotte is in-excusable, and you could argue Milwaukee is still not a very good team, however The Sixers are missing C - Samuel Dalembert, their ability to rebound is horrendous, they cant block shots without him either, the defense goes from bad to worse. I think when he comes back next week they should be fine. I'm still not sold on Boston or New York however, i think the two of them will both be on the outside looking in come May. But who knows, it's still early in the season anything could happen.

And your basing this on what? Last year?.. when we finished with a better record than Philly. It's still too early to tell, but right now the Celtics are clearly playing better basketball than the Sixers.

So you are telling me that only 2 teams from the Atlantic are going to make the playoffs? Gimme a break, the division was probably the worst in sports history last year, and it still put 3 teams in the playoffs.

FaninPatsyLand said:
And your basing this on what? Last year?.. when we finished with a better record than Philly. It's still too early to tell, but right now the Celtics are clearly playing better basketball than the Sixers.

So you are telling me that only 2 teams from the Atlantic are going to make the playoffs? Gimme a break, the division was probably the worst in sports history last year, and it still put 3 teams in the playoffs.

Basing it on the fac that the heat replaced Antonie Walker and Gary Payton with Dan Dickau and Brian Scalibrine. Basing it on the fact that they weren't tremendous last year they won a weak division in a weak east with a weak coach, they got worse over the off-season and the east got better THUS i dont think they will make the playoffs and if they do it will be as an 8th seed and a 1st round knockout.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Basing it on the fac that the heat replaced Antonie Walker and Gary Payton with Dan Dickau and Brian Scalibrine. Basing it on the fact that they weren't tremendous last year they won a weak division in a weak east with a weak coach, they got worse over the off-season and the east got better THUS i dont think they will make the playoffs and if they do it will be as an 8th seed and a 1st round knockout.

Who exactly in the Atlantic got better? The Knicks acquisition of Curry was great if he stays healthy.. the Nets improved too as did the Raptors. (People didn't like them taking Villanueva so early, but he's going to be a solid NBA player).

If you don't consider Delonte West an improvement over Gary Payton, and another year under the belt of Jefferson, Reed, Perkins and Co. it's simply asinine. And lets not forget the apparent re-emergence of Mark Blount, it seems to me the ONLY team in the division with relatively little improvement is Philadelphia.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who exactly in the Atlantic got better? The Knicks acquisition of Curry was great if he stays healthy.. the Nets improved too as did the Raptors. (People didn't like them taking Villanueva so early, but he's going to be a solid NBA player).

If you don't consider Delonte West an improvement over Gary Payton, and another year under the belt of Jefferson, Reed, Perkins and Co. it's simply asinine. And lets not forget the apparent re-emergence of Mark Blount, it seems to me the ONLY team in the division with relatively little improvement is Philadelphia.

Or the fact that Milwaukee, Orlando, Washington, Cleveland all got better in the off-season making the east stronger and knocking in my opinion the Celtics out of the playoffs......

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Or the fact that Milwaukee, Orlando, Washington, Cleveland all got better in the off-season making the east stronger and knocking in my opinion the Celtics out of the playoffs......

yeah, we'll see.

Sixers finally in the win column. Hey Ether79 hopefully the game we go to ends the same way.

New York coach Larry Brown is still trying to find the right combination that will bring the Knicks their first victory.Desperate for a win, Brown tinkered with the New York lineup, playing rookies David Lee, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson together, and it seemed to spark the Knicks. However, Golden State proved to be too much for New York, as Jason Richardson had 24 points to lead the Warriors to an 83-81 victory on Sunday.

"I won't play the rookies all the time, but they earned it," Brown said. "It's going to take some time. We're trying to figure out who can play and who can help us."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/11/06/warriors.knicks.ap/index.html

NJFINSFAN1 said:

tHE Sixers are just playing and letting the Knicks and Nets feel good for a little while.....although the Knicks hadn't won a game last time I checked. :lol:

I have been a Sixers fan since 1976 when they got Julius Dr J Erving from the ABA Nets. Doc was as good as MJ averaging 30 points a game and over 15 boards in the ABA...not bad for a guy 6'6" tall. My Sixers had the best rivalry with the Boston Celtics.....Andrew Toney always use to light up Danny Ainge, Dennis Johnson, Cornbread Maxwell.....Doc versus Bird....Bobby Jones and Caldwell Jones, and Moses Malone versus McHale, Bird and Parrish,,,,that was when the NBA was GREAT!!! Now Mo Cheeks has returned to lead the Sixers back to Glory!!!!
Year after year from the mid-1970s to the late 1980's the Sixers and Celtics had probably the greatest rivalry in basketball.

GO SIXERS

The Nets got screwed on the no call against Vince in the final seconds BUT when playing Miami w/o Shaq it shouldn't come down to a last second shot if the Nets are as good as they think they are.

Back
Top Bottom