NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Atlantic Division: Season Discussion

nyjunc said:
The Nets got screwed on the no call against Vince in the final seconds BUT when playing Miami w/o Shaq it shouldn't come down to a last second shot if the Nets are as good as they think they are.

Nyjunc.....stop it already....the Nets got dominated by the Shaq-Less, Posey-less, Anderson "Vince killer" - less, Doleac-less Heat.

We just blew a lead....but your team got dominated by a outgunned Heat.

Section126 said:
Nyjunc.....stop it already....the Nets got dominated by the Shaq-Less, Posey-less, Anderson "Vince killer" - less, Doleac-less Heat.

We just blew a lead....but your team got dominated by a outgunned Heat.

It's hard to call a 1 pt game on the road a domination but I agree the Nets should never have allowed it to be so close w/o Shaq but Carter was fouled and Wade was not fouled and that had a direct effect on the outcome.

nyjunc said:
It's hard to call a 1 pt game on the road a domination but I agree the Nets should never have allowed it to be so close w/o Shaq but Carter was fouled and Wade was not fouled and that had a direct effect on the outcome.

Did your team EVER have the lead in the second half? EVER?

Section126 said:
Did your team EVER have the lead in the second half? EVER?

I'm not talking about how it played out, I am yalking about if the Nets want to be a big time team again they need to take care of a shaq-less team and it shouldn't come down to a last second shot or a bad call or 2.

nyjunc said:
I'm not talking about how it played out, I am yalking about if the Nets want to be a big time team again they need to take care of a shaq-less team and it shouldn't come down to a last second shot or a bad call or 2.

The thing is that the Heat without Shaq is still a #3 or #4 seed in the East.....we are no pushover...even without Shaq...

Don't forget that we dominated the Wizards in the second round of the playoffs without the big man.

Section126 said:
The thing is that the Heat without Shaq is still a #3 or #4 seed in the East.....we are no pushover...even without Shaq...

Don't forget that we dominated the Wizards in the second round of the playoffs without the big man.

The heat are not a 3 or 4 seed in the East w/o Shaq. On a short term basis the Heat can win games but over the long haul they would not be able to handle his absence.

Just re-read your statement and you'll laugh out loud- "we dominated the Wizards in the second round of the playoffs without the big man.".

nyjunc said:
The heat are not a 3 or 4 seed in the East w/o Shaq. On a short term basis the Heat can win games but over the long haul they would not be able to handle his absence.

Just re-read your statement and you'll laugh out loud- "we dominated the Wizards in the second round of the playoffs without the big man.".

The Heat is the #3 or #4 seed in the east without Shaq....who would win our division then? So yes...they would be the #3 or #4 seed...period.

What is funny about the statement in bold?

Section126 said:
The Heat is the #3 or #4 seed in the east without Shaq....who would win our division then? So yes...they would be the #3 or #4 seed...period.

What is funny about the statement in bold?

What's funny is washington was a medicore team. You are right yuo would get the 3 seed but wouldn't be the 3rd best team in the East. They'd get the 3 b/c the division is pathetic but you'd be worse than Ind, Det, NJ, Chi, Bos, Cle and maybe Mil.

nyjunc said:
What's funny is washington was a medicore team. You are right yuo would get the 3 seed but wouldn't be the 3rd best team in the East. They'd get the 3 b/c the division is pathetic but you'd be worse than Ind, Det, NJ, Chi, Bos, Cle and maybe Mil.

WOW.

you are going for negative credibility points now.

Section126 said:
WOW.

you are going for negative credibility points now.

You still have talent but I think you overestimate it w/o Shaq. You have to remember all the headcases on that team that Shaq can corrall at least temporarily. At some point even w/ Shaq I expect it to blow.

nyjunc said:
You still have talent but I think you overestimate it w/o Shaq. You have to remember all the headcases on that team that Shaq can corrall at least temporarily. At some point even w/ Shaq I expect it to blow.

Listen.

The Heat without Shaq would be the 3rd best team in the east and at worst the 4th best.

As for "it is gonna blow!" That is all media spin that everybody outside of Miami is hoping will come to fruition.

The facts are that you can't find a single negative quote on record anywhere from Toine when he was in Dallas and he was coming off the bench and getting half the shots he gets here.

It is also funny how Steven A Smith the other day said that he found only one disruptive comment ever made by Toine and that was a last season when he said he needed to play on a winner....

The knock on Toine has always been that he takes ill advised shots....on this team that is not a problem because he is the third option.

Where aare all these headcases? I don't see them....I see a Jason Williams playing in the flow and distributing the basketball and a Payton that is playing the best defense he has played in the last 4 years and a toine that is contributing.

Stop with the spin.

The Heat without Shaq would be the 3rd best team in the east and at worst the 4th best

Now I am convincd w/ that compelling argument, thanks for setting me straight! :D

As for "it is gonna blow!" That is all media spin that everybody outside of Miami is hoping will come to fruition.

It is also funny how Steven A Smith the other day said that he found only one disruptive comment ever made by Toine and that was a last season when he said he needed to play on a winner....

They are all selfish players who have not won a thing since coming into the league. As for Walker, he's been on talented teams and the reason he hasn't won is probbaly b/c of himself. The Mavs were in the West Conf Finals the year before he showed up then bowed out in Rd 1 the year he was there.

As for jason Williams, he is a great guy :lol: I love how he wants to be eminem in the worst way and how hw thretened that reporter last year. What a tough guy! As for him on court, he's been a loser everywhere he's gone. He leaves UF they go to the Final Four 2 years later, he leaves Sac they then make the Conf Finals the next year. A bunch of winners you have acquired!

On to Gary payton, obviously he's over the hill but he did a great job in helping that Laker team(a team MUCH more talaneted than the current Heat squad) win a Championship. All great moves and great guys you broguht in- good luck :lol:

The knock on Toine has always been that he takes ill advised shots....on this team that is not a problem because he is the third option.

Where aare all these headcases? I don't see them....I see a Jason Williams playing in the flow and distributing the basketball and a Payton that is playing the best defense he has played in the last 4 years and a toine that is contributing.

Stop with the spin.

Speaking of spin :lol: was it interesting the other night when Walker went after Williams? and even if they are into now it's a LONG season and they lose alot of shots when Shaq comes back. You guys were a better team last year and just made bad move after bad move this year.

Sixers beat an impressive Dallas team, with Dalembert due back very soon the Sixers could turn around their slow start and become a strong team in the east....or not. Meanwhile the Knicks pursuit of 0-82 continues :)

Back
Top Bottom