NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

Section126 said:
Spoken like somebody that doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Ask Chauncey Billups if Payton is done.

You are Reading too many Bill Simmons columns.

I suppose anytime anyone has an opinion contrary to yours, they don't know what the hell they are talking about. GP has nothing on offense, and are you saying he can stop Harris or Terry from penetrating? If so, you've been reading to many GP blogs.

Alex22 said:
What are you gonna do after the season when The Heat are NBA champions? You wont have any insane claims to make anymore

What am I going to do when the season is over? Collect my money.

phinman1 said:
I suppose anytime anyone has an opinion contrary to yours, they don't know what the hell they are talking about. GP has nothing on offense, and are you saying he can stop Harris or Terry from penetrating? If so, you've been reading to many GP blogs.

NO. You specifically. You seem to parrot whatever Bill Simmons says in his crappy column.

Stop Harris and Terry from penetrating? Can either of those guys stop J-Will from penetrating?

Payton is still a good defender. Ask Billups.

Section126 said:
NO. You specifically. You seem to parrot whatever Bill Simmons says in his crappy column.

Stop Harris and Terry from penetrating? Can either of those guys stop J-Will from penetrating?

Exactly... this is what I have been saying...

Section126 said:

I'll take the fact that I am on the same page as him a compliment. You seem to read Simmons more than I do, as often as you rail about him. Believe it or not I can come up with a thought on my own. Billups got the shots he wanted, but nothing went in. The Pistons were crap in that series.

phinman1 said:
I'll take the fact that I am on the same page as him a compliment. You seem to read Simmons more than I do, as often as you rail about him. Believe it or not I can come up with a thought on my own. Billups got the shots he wanted, but nothing went in. The Pistons were crap in that series.

I actually don't read him that often.

Yeah..Billups just missed shots.

The series was fixed.

Don't you have a NBA draft party to go to?

FinNasty said:
Exactly... this is what I have been saying...

Yeah, JW will penetrate as well. But the fact that Terry or Harris will be able to penetrate fairly easily bodes well for possibly getting Shaq in foul trouble.

phinman1 said:
Yeah, JW will penetrate as well. But the fact that Terry or Harris will be able to penetrate fairly easily bodes well for possibly getting Shaq in foul trouble.

Yes... very true. Thats one of the reasons why I said GP will get more minutes than he has previously.

FinNasty said:
Yes... very true. Thats one of the reasons why I said GP will get more minutes than he has previously.

We agree GP will get some minutes, Riley loves the battle tested vets in these situations. What we disagree on is whether it matters whether GP or JW will be in, as neither will stop penetration in my opinion. Enjoy the game tonight. I'm still comtemplating your avatar, I'm not much of a tech wiz like you seem to be, so will you help me create one for you after Dallas wins?

I've been trying to hold back, but I'd rather say this now than after the series whereas if Miami loses, people will say I'm making excuses. So, here goes:

This system is a FRAUD. 2-3-2 format? It highly favors the home team and is pretty much unfair. Basically, the team without homecourt almost has to win THREE STRAIGHT at home or else you'll be stuck trying to win 2 on the road - amazing. 2-2-1-1-1 is so much better, and on top of that, it's fair.

A team getting the LAST TWO GAMES of a series at HOME is outrageous. Basically, you can be down 2-3 and still be in great position, and that's just ridiculous. When you've got homecourt and you're down 2-3, you're supposed to be on the road & in big trouble with your backs against the walls, having to win on the road to go back home. This is what the playoffs is all about man.

This really doesn't have anything to do with Miami not having homecourt either, even though I think the NBA should take a more DIVISIONAL approach - a #4 season who didn't even win their division getting homecourt over a #2 seed who won their division is kind've dumb; records aside. I'd feel the same way if Miami had homecourt.

Section126 said:
Orlando tragic fan?

Come on Section, I've been pulling for the Heat all the way these playoffs.

Don't call us "Tragic" fans!! :lol:

...and yes, Payton is still a pretty decent defender.

phinman1 said:
:lol: Haslem will give Dirk trouble, that's a good one. Dirk is a minimum factor? Not exactly the analysis of one who knows hoops.
Haslem is a very good defender, he held Sheed Wallace quiet all seris. he will do a much better job on Dirk than anybody else this entire postseason

Back
Top Bottom