NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA FINALS THREAD: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

phinman1 said:
We agree GP will get some minutes, Riley loves the battle tested vets in these situations. What we disagree on is whether it matters whether GP or JW will be in, as neither will stop penetration in my opinion. Enjoy the game tonight. I'm still comtemplating your avatar, I'm not much of a tech wiz like you seem to be, so will you help me create one for you after Dallas wins?

http://www.therecordherald.com/content/articles/2006/04/15/sports/news01.jpg

Might I suggest for your avatar

phinman1 said:
We agree GP will get some minutes, Riley loves the battle tested vets in these situations. What we disagree on is whether it matters whether GP or JW will be in, as neither will stop penetration in my opinion. Enjoy the game tonight. I'm still comtemplating your avatar, I'm not much of a tech wiz like you seem to be, so will you help me create one for you after Dallas wins?

tech wiz? haha... I just know how to copy and paste a picture... thats about it...

phinman1 said:
Dallas won't win so you won't need to

Blueprint said:
I've been trying to hold back, but I'd rather say this now than after the series whereas if Miami loses, people will say I'm making excuses. So, here goes:

This system is a FRAUD. 2-3-2 format? It highly favors the home team and is pretty much unfair. Basically, the team without homecourt almost has to win THREE STRAIGHT at home or else you'll be stuck trying to win 2 on the road - amazing. 2-2-1-1-1 is so much better, and on top of that, it's fair.

A team getting the LAST TWO GAMES of a series at HOME is outrageous. Basically, you can be down 2-3 and still be in great position, and that's just ridiculous. When you've got homecourt and you're down 2-3, you're supposed to be on the road & in big trouble with your backs against the walls, having to win on the road to go back home. This is what the playoffs is all about man.

This really doesn't have anything to do with Miami not having homecourt either, even though I think the NBA should take a more DIVISIONAL approach - a #4 season who didn't even win their division getting homecourt over a #2 seed who won their division is kind've dumb; records aside. I'd feel the same way if Miami had homecourt.

It won't matter Blueprint. The format is unfair..but the better team would still win.

If the Heat is up 3-2 going into the last two games..they would still need to be beaten TWO in a row..and at this level that is hard to do if a team has an edge as a 3-2 Heat lead would dictate.

Blueprint said:
I've been trying to hold back, but I'd rather say this now than after the series whereas if Miami loses, people will say I'm making excuses. So, here goes:

This system is a FRAUD. 2-3-2 format? It highly favors the home team and is pretty much unfair. Basically, the team without homecourt almost has to win THREE STRAIGHT at home or else you'll be stuck trying to win 2 on the road - amazing. 2-2-1-1-1 is so much better, and on top of that, it's fair.

A team getting the LAST TWO GAMES of a series at HOME is outrageous. Basically, you can be down 2-3 and still be in great position, and that's just ridiculous. When you've got homecourt and you're down 2-3, you're supposed to be on the road & in big trouble with your backs against the walls, having to win on the road to go back home. This is what the playoffs is all about man.

This really doesn't have anything to do with Miami not having homecourt either, even though I think the NBA should take a more DIVISIONAL approach - a #4 season who didn't even win their division getting homecourt over a #2 seed who won their division is kind've dumb; records aside. I'd feel the same way if Miami had homecourt.
I agree with your points about the format...it doesn't make any sense to have it 2-2-1-1-1 and than change it in the finals. But I disagree on who should get homecourt. Better record should dictate that. Dallas won 60 games, Miami won 52...it's only right. It's just a credit to the division Dallas plays in.

A little off the subject, but I remember(faintly) the last time the Bills made the playoffs...they were 11-5, and had to play the 13-3 Titans. But Miami and Seattle, both 9-7 and on horrible slides going into the playoffs, got to play each other, because of the "division-winner" bull****. Same thing happened out West in the NBA playoffs this year...Dallas and San Antonio should've met in the Conf. Finals

CirclingWagons said:
I agree with your points about the format...it doesn't make any sense to have it 2-2-1-1-1 and than change it in the finals. But I disagree on who should get homecourt. Better record should dictate that. Dallas won 60 games, Miami won 52...it's only right. It's just a credit to the division Dallas plays in.

A little off the subject, but I remember(faintly) the last time the Bills made the playoffs...they were 11-5, and had to play the 13-3 Titans. But Miami and Seattle, both 9-7 and on horrible slides going into the playoffs, got to play each other, because of the "division-winner" bull****. Same thing happened out West in the NBA playoffs this year...Dallas and San Antonio should've met in the Conf. Finals

See that doesnt bother me, you still got to see the series, and your supposed to be able to beat any team anytime, whether it be in the first round or the NBA finals

9??? 9??? The ****ing game is at 9???? I thought it was at 8. That's some bull.

Back
Top Bottom