*nba Free Agency 2009 Thread* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*nba Free Agency 2009 Thread*

biggiesmalls3k1

How Bout Them Fins?!
Reaction score
I decided to start up a thread so we could all centralize the happenings in the 2009 offseason in the NBA throughout the Summer and early Fall.

The Pistons have been the busiest team from the outset as they fired their Head Coach and now they have fired the first shots of free agency in coming to terms with Ben Gordon (5 Yrs/55 mill) and Charlie Villanueva (5 Yrs/40 mill). Both pretty solid moves although I dont think Gordon is worth 11 million a year. They will be losing Rasheed so Villanueva is a good young alternative.

Thoughts?

My thought is I don't like to see Detroit improving but it looks like they are. Gordon will be scary with Rip and Prince. Sheed seems to be on the decline, Nueva is basicly the younger and a little more versatile version of him.

I don't know what Dumars is thinking. Villanueva is not a 'Sheed clone by any stretch of the imagination. For all his faults, Wallace is one of the best defensive bigs in the game......Villanueva has never even tried on that end of the court. Theres a reason why the Bucks didn't bother to tender him an offer.

Wow The Pistons Just Got Better And Really Are Going To Regret No Billups Cause They Would Be A Beast Team

I don't know what Dumars is thinking. Villanueva is not a 'Sheed clone by any stretch of the imagination. For all his faults, Wallace is one of the best defensive bigs in the game......Villanueva has never even tried on that end of the court. Theres a reason why the Bucks didn't bother to tender him an offer.

The bucks dont have any money.
Im kinda shocked they drafted a big name like Brandon they are gonna have to cash out.
I feel bad for Mike Redd he is my fav NBA player and he is stuck in Mil.
I doubt they even offer Bogut anything when his contract is up

The bucks dont have any money.
Im kinda shocked they drafted a big name like Brandon they are gonna have to cash out.
I feel bad for Mike Redd he is my fav NBA player and he is stuck in Mil.
I doubt they even offer Bogut anything when his contract is up

Bogut got an extension last year. The Bucks don't even want Redd anymore. They offered him the max, and he's ended up more of a cancer than a leader. The Bucks don't have money right now and that's because of moves like giving Redd the max, and giving Dan Gadzuric a huge deal. That being said, the new Bucks regime wants to rebuild and are choosing who they want to rebuild around.

That being said, Gordon and Villanueva are both talented scorers, but neither are great defenders.

Gordon isn't a bad move for Detroit. Only question is who will start between him and Rip? Could Rip be traded? The Pistons absolutely need a big who can defend and their have been rumors about Samuel Dalembert possibly being moved to Detroit in a deal that will bring Rip to Philly.

As for Villanueva. Not worth the money. Decent shooter who can't defend one bit. If Detroit doesn't find a good defensive big to replace Sheed, they're in trouble.

I don't see how Artest is all that much better than Ariza in the role they'll ask him to play.

I don't see how Artest is all that much better than Ariza in the role they'll ask him to play.

its is very easy to see the differents...a 9 point differents average...he is a matchup problem and plays great d...he is also bigger..put it this way rather have artest covering kobe then ariza...

detriot on the other hand two good moves...i like Nueva better than wallace as a scorer...he is more consistent on the offensive of side and wallace is on his way down...gordon will provides offense off the bench and could possibly start...also makes rip tradable...i love rip but if they are going younger i could see that...another rumor out there is rip for chandler from the hornets..which i would love...and that would replace wallace's d to a certain degree...but if it stays the way it does...the pistons would need to out score the teams they play....which adding 37 points a game could be possible against some teams..

Bogut got an extension last year. The Bucks don't even want Redd anymore. They offered him the max, and he's ended up more of a cancer than a leader. The Bucks don't have money right now and that's because of moves like giving Redd the max, and giving Dan Gadzuric a huge deal. That being said, the new Bucks regime wants to rebuild and are choosing who they want to rebuild around.

That being said, Gordon and Villanueva are both talented scorers, but neither are great defenders.

Yea i didnt remember if bogut signed that or not.
Redd is def not a star number 1 player in the league but in the right system he will score 20 a game easy.
Scott is a nice coach I hope he gets the right players.

Dan Gadzuric is a joke. I wish they could of kept Mo Will.
marcuscambydunksondangadzuric-1.jpg

its is very easy to see the differents...a 9 point differents average...he is a matchup problem and plays great d...he is also bigger..put it this way rather have artest covering kobe then ariza..

I thought Battier was doing a much better job on Kobe than Artest. Either way they're both quality defenders....Ariza has more length, Artest more strength.

But Artest is a very inefficient scorer. There are countless players in the NBA who could score 17 pts per game if you gave them enough shots. If hes scoring at that clip with the Lakers it means a trio of far better scorers are getting fewer shot attempts. I'm not so confident that Artest is capable of reducing his offensive output to the level of a role player.

Of course if Odom bails then the Lakers will need his offense.....maybe that's what they're thinking.

Back
Top Bottom