*nba Free Agency 2009 Thread* | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*nba Free Agency 2009 Thread*

I thought Battier was doing a much better job on Kobe than Artest. Either way they're both quality defenders....Ariza has more length, Artest more strength.

But Artest is a very inefficient scorer. There are countless players in the NBA who could score 17 pts per game if you gave them enough shots. If hes scoring at that clip with the Lakers it means a trio of far better scorers are getting fewer shot attempts. I'm not so confident that Artest is capable of reducing his offensive output to the level of a role player.

Of course if Odom bails then the Lakers will need his offense.....maybe that's what they're thinking.

Lakers problem aint scoring they got people who can shoot. Its consistent defense.

I thought Battier was doing a much better job on Kobe than Artest. Either way they're both quality defenders....Ariza has more length, Artest more strength.

But Artest is a very inefficient scorer. There are countless players in the NBA who could score 17 pts per game if you gave them enough shots. If hes scoring at that clip with the Lakers it means a trio of far better scorers are getting fewer shot attempts. I'm not so confident that Artest is capable of reducing his offensive output to the level of a role player.

Of course if Odom bails then the Lakers will need his offense.....maybe that's what they're thinking.

totally agree about battier over artest...no agruement here...
however artest, IMP, is better then ariza at defense...also he does have a better three ball which with the talent the Lakers have already is all they need him form him...
I agree he will be a role player and u dont want to take any shots away from anyone on that roster already however this could provide the laker with more of an advantage..for example a night when odom or kobe could be off...artest could catch fire...point being that artest can score twenty points a night were i dont believe ariza could...and can fill that void of points that isnt being scored...
also kobe will not have to guard the opossing teams best player any more leaving more energy for offense which LA would rather see..

There's no doubt Artest is a more skilled player than Ariza and can score in a myriad of ways. He just has a habit of getting his shot attempts.....whether hes surrounded by talent or not, he gets his attempts. It may be a good thing when Kobe isn't hitting his jumper or Odom is taking his mental breaks. The question is whether hes capable of becoming that defensive stopper that only takes open spot up threes when the rest of the team is clicking offensively. Hes never shown that discipline anytime in his career.

There's no doubt Artest is a more skilled player than Ariza and can score in a myriad of ways. He just has a habit of getting his shot attempts.....whether hes surrounded by talent or not, he gets his attempts. It may be a good thing when Kobe isn't hitting his jumper or Odom is taking his mental breaks. The question is whether hes capable of becoming that defensive stopper that only takes open spot up threes when the rest of the team is clicking offensively. Hes never shown that discipline anytime in his career.
agreed but has he really ever been on a team where he could show that discipline...i mean the pacers kings and rocket(without tracey for most of the season) do think so...this is the only team were he is the 4th shooter on the roster(with kobe gasol odom before him)..it will be interesting to see thou if he is willing to except his role...if he does lakers could repeat

He has Phil to keep him discipline. If Phil was able to handle Rodman I wouldnt worry about Artest.

Jason Kidd looks to be signing with Dallas 3 yrs for 25 mil

Also rasheed wallace will be a celtic

iverson is still out there but showed interest in the grizzles

Any Thoughts?

Love the Wallace signing. 'Sheed has about two solid years left and the Celtics probably have a couple years where they'll contend if the big three can stay upright. Hes going to get on Garnett's nerves with his lackadaisical approach but hes invaluable as a guy who can defend the likes of Duncan, Bynum, Howard, Shaq and company.

Love the Wallace signing. 'Sheed has about two solid years left and the Celtics probably have a couple years where they'll contend if the big three can stay upright. Hes going to get on Garnett's nerves with his lackadaisical approach but hes invaluable as a guy who can defend the likes of Duncan, Bynum, Howard, Shaq and company.
i agree they will be a hard team to beat probably see another lakers and celtics final which would be a good one...

the good thing will be that they will not have to rely on rasheeds offense...cause thats rocky..

Wallace is one of the best post players in the league.....only when he feels like it. Lately it seems hes made a habit of hanging around the three point line. Its not a horrible thing....you at least have to respect the shot and it opens up some space for Pierce and Garnett to operate. But turn back the clock before the 8 figure salary and he was a pretty imposing player in the paint.

cuban is not crazy though i hate him he just built a playoff team Kidd Terry Howard Marion Nowitzki, and We Need To Sign Bass And Get A Good couple of Bench Players And Were Set.

Back
Top Bottom