Nbc's Collinsworth And Former Nfl Gm Assess Dolphins' Pickups, Team's Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nbc's Collinsworth And Former Nfl Gm Assess Dolphins' Pickups, Team's Offseason

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Cris%20Collinsworth

We solicited input from NBC’s Cris Collinsworth and Sirius XM analyst and former Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik during the recent NFL owners meetings in Orlando:
▪ Receiver Danny Amendola: Collinsworth: “I will take Amendola any day, any time, any way. He’s got a championship heart. He and Julian Edelman are just pit bulls.”
Dominik: “It’s a good signing because Danny played pretty well in his opportunities last year when you saw him still be able to get open. He’s got a natural instinct of where to cut routes off and where to put himself in terms of his body. You can get a year out of Danny Amendola. There’s at least one in there still. His body will catch up with him at some point. He’s a great competitor, always has been.”
▪ Guard Josh Sitton: Collinsworth: “He’s one of the best pass blocking guards in the NFL and a good run player too. A little older [at 31]. He will help Laremy Tunsil, too.”
Dominik: “Laremy Tunsil and Ja’Wuan James will learn a lot from Sitton if they take the time to sit next to him and listen to what he brings because of his journey through the NFL. That’s a real valuable part of Sitton, not only that he’s still tough and physical but he brings what they’re looking for — a different type of culture.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article208763484.html

Well let's see how well Gase can pull off a heart transplant with this team. Interesting days ahead the excuses end or the dream begins.

Nothing more than just changes, hopefully it works out especially on that Oline.

Still stings that we let Suh go though.....again.....changes.

I think that's a good article that echoes a lot of the sentiment on the fans side.

Did we like losing Landry? No. But we have to understand the position we were in and where we're trying to go.

No mention of Suh which I thought was odd.....but regardless I'm happy to hear some smart guys interpret Gase's moves in a positive light.

I am surprised they thought losing Sig would worsen our run defense. Don't you have to be good at something to get worse at it lol.

So they basically described every addition as a player who works hard. does his job well and listens to direction.

Sounds like part of the plan.

Also, I cannot listen to Collinsworth for more than ten seconds without being overcome with an urge to punch him in the jaw. It's a good thing I have excellent self-control, because if I did that, I'd simultaneously castrate Tom Brady.

So they basically described every addition as a player who works hard. does his job well and listens to direction.

Also, I cannot listen to Collinsworth for more than ten seconds without being overcome with an urge to punch him in the jaw. It's a good thing I have excellent self-control, because if I did that, I'd simultaneously castrate Tom Brady.
I had to think about that one for a second...but so worth it.

Never understood the hate Collinsworth gets. He's fantastic and one of few guys that does legit homework and has legit opinions. Fans just get sick of hearing the same voice so often, so they turn on that person. It happened to Gruden and it will happen to Romo over time as well.

What sealed the deal for me was the last play of Super Bowl 52. When Gronk didn't catch the ball, Collinsworth gave an audible, sad "awwww."

I gave the TV the finger. I may have had a couple.

Sounds like part of the plan.

I think the Brady thing has been done already.

What sealed the deal for me was the last play of Super Bowl 52. When Gronk didn't catch the ball, Collinsworth gave an audible, sad "awwww."

And? He is not a fan of an AFC East team. He is a fan of football period. Why wouldn't he want to witness greatness? You expect him to not gush over the greatest QB of all time?

The loss of Suh is my biggest worry. Followed by the inevitable injuries on the oline. Will it be something the Phins can overcome, or is the oline as constructed today, is a house of cards?

Never understood the hate Collinsworth gets. He's fantastic and one of few guys that does legit homework and has legit opinions. Fans just get sick of hearing the same voice so often, so they turn on that person. It happened to Gruden and it will happen to Romo over time as well.

It’s Collinsworth’s commentary on the Patriots. He’s usually very balanced in his critique, but when it comes to the Patriots, Collinsworth seems to have a certain part of Brady’s anatomy lodged in his throat. It’s tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom