NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

Recruiting is definitely something to worry about. Me personally, I'm most worried about the basketball program. Frank Haith, smh.

If there is corroborating evidence from an ex player that coaches were involved then its going to be bad. Otherwise, it will simply be vacating of wins and a loss of some scholarships.

If there is corroborating evidence from an ex player that coaches were involved then its going to be bad. Otherwise, it will simply be vacating of wins and a loss of some scholarships.

Everyone named is gone with the exception of Kehoe. And if it comes down to it, can him. No care.

Doesn't look good, but with the NCAA you never know how they'll act.

They'll hit Michigan for practicing too long, then they'll ignore players like Cam Newton, or Terrelle Pryor being caught red handed in major violations.

Doesn't seem to be any proof out there of any wrongdoing with coaches. There's pictures of checks being written out to Clint Hurtt and Sean Allen. Unless those are cashed checks, they prove absolutely nothing. Either way, 2 assistants who are no longer with the program. Randy Shannon ran him off every opportunity he got. The compliance director tried to run him off. That works in our favor. The biggest thing that works in our favor is that Miami are the ones that brought these allegations to the NCAA, and started a joint investigation with the NCAA for a year now. It also helps when the former head of the NCAA infractions committee was the AD at Miami at that time, and stated he never had any suspicion on Shapiro.

Sticking to my guns. Miami will get an extremely painful slap on the wrist. Loss of some scholarships, vacated games (which isn't such a bad thing. Please, do wipe out some of these embarrassing seasons the last 7-8 years.), and if any current players are involved, suspensions. Clint Hurtt's career will probably be over, Frank Haith might lose his job, especially after Mizzou's AD just came off as an idiot stating these allegations have nothing to do with the Miami basketball program, and the basketball program could be hit pretty hard.

you sure revel in taking jabs at other schools.....karma is a *****....

No such thing as Karma for one. I jab at things that have no real bearing on programs.

I'd never wish this kind of thing on Florida State. Not even Florida.

It's not only bad for these college programs and bad for the great state of Florida, but it's very bad for college football as a whole. Things need to change somewhere but I'm not sure where the change needs to begin. I'm not sure if we need changes at the NCAA level with rules and policies or if we need an overhaul in each University's compliance department. But something needs to change or pretty soon every major University in the land will be under investigation and everything will be stripped. It's bad for the product.

You can't disagree here if you're a fan of college football.

slap on the wrist? What world are you people living in.

If even half of that article is correct this football program will feel a lot of pain. This goes way beyond what was done at Ohio St or USC!! Way beyond!! Miami might not see a Bowl Game till the year 2020.....if then! Scholorship losses will be the real killer though.

slap on the wrist? What world are you people living in.

If even half of that article is correct this football program will feel a lot of pain. This goes way beyond what was done at Ohio St or USC!! Way beyond!! Miami might not see a Bowl Game till the year 2020.....if then! Scholorship losses will be the real killer though.

There's no question these things happened. The problem is proving it. The NCAA isn't going to just take a felon's word for it. They're going to have to be able to tie evidence to players without question. Tyrone Moss isn't a big deal. That will fall outside the realm of four years under the Statute of Limitations rule. That's the big thing here. That Statute of Limitations rule could be our saving grace. I can see some kind of punishment coming down, but this whole death penalty stuff...not gonna happen. That time is far removed. The NCAA, especially in this economy, is not looking to execute any program. It's not practical anymore. Bowl bans until 2020...never happen. Is this far worse than USC or OSU? Probably. But there was a lot more concrete evidence at both of these programs...at least immediately anyway. I think it's gonna take a good while to sort this stuff out and if I'm Al Golden...**** it, I'm not sitting players. Run the risk of sending out ineligible players and vacate what few wins we rack up this season. Not a big deal to me.

Too early to really tell what's going to happen at this point. Need to see/hear more from inside the program. And I'm definitely listening lol.

Perhaps most troubling is Shapiro’s sustained impropriety could trigger the NCAA’s “willful violations” exception to its four-year statute of limitations. Under bylaw 36.2.3, an investigation can expand beyond the statute if information reveals that an individual tied to a university has engaged in “a pattern of willful violations” over a sustained period beyond the previous four years.

from yahoo article

No such thing as Karma for one. I jab at things that have no real bearing on programs.

I'd never wish this kind of thing on Florida State. Not even Florida.

It's not only bad for these college programs and bad for the great state of Florida, but it's very bad for college football as a whole. Things need to change somewhere but I'm not sure where the change needs to begin. I'm not sure if we need changes at the NCAA level with rules and policies or if we need an overhaul in each University's compliance department. But something needs to change or pretty soon every major University in the land will be under investigation and everything will be stripped. It's bad for the product.

You can't disagree here if you're a fan of college football.

Well said, and being a FSU fan, I wouldn't wish this on the Gators even and I have little to no respect for them. In all the college football scandals over the last couple of years this is just not good timing. The U is down somewhat and while they still bring in good TV revenue the NCAA will feel they need to make a statement. IF these reports are true, which they do seem pretty solid this is as bad if not worse than SMU and I hate to say it but the death penalty could be an option, but I hope not because I don't wish that on anyone. I think the part that is so bad is if they can prove the involvement of coaches on both the football and basketball teams. If that is the case I almost think the NCAA has to rule lack of institutional control and possibly give the harshest penalty they can.

Back
Top Bottom