Ndamukong Suh: Patriots are definitely beatable | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh: Patriots are definitely beatable

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier said the league has a “Patriots problem,” a tip of the hat to the New England dynasty. Not surprisingly, Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who has to face New England twice a season, disagrees.

“No, I do not agree,” Suh said, chuckling, during an appearance on ESPN on Monday. “I think the Patriots are definitely beatable. It’s just a matter of playing a good game, almost a perfect game in a lot of ways because they’ve got great coaching and obviously great players and talent on their side of the ball. So you’ve got to be going on all cylinders. Without question, I have a ton of respect for them, but without question, they’re definitely beatable as everybody is in the league.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/03/ndamukong-suh-patriots-are-definitely-beatable/

They are.

Glad big man is saying that. He didn't say that under philbin.

These cats are ready, unlike years before; I think our opponents are weary.

Suh knows ...

Sure they can be beaten. We've had their number a few times. But at what frequency and level of importance are teams able to do it? Not often.

Belichick collects these things on a regular basis.

belichick.jpg

Something we haven't seen in about 45 years.

Last edited:
i like that we're seeing dolphin players publicly rise to the challenge and not hesitate to proclaim their confidence that they can and will beat the Patriots.

I like the way Suh says it. It would take nearly a perfect game. You can't make mistakes and expect to beat New England and you have to play for four quarters.

On paper, New England looks better than ever, but you never know what can happen during a season. They could have a ton of injuries like Miami had last year and, sooner than later, Tom Brady will start to slip. Time is not on his side.

Why don't we say we don't fear them after we've beaten them a few times? :rolleyes:

Vance Joseph had no confidence to let our corners play press our first game last year. I only saw highlights of the second. I haven't seen such an overly respectful cautious approach since we played the Cowboys in Jimmy Johnson's first year.

Pisses me off,too.

Same thing with Philbin playing the Pats and not putting 2 DT's over the center on 4th and short. You're basically giving Tom Brady the first down. Dan Campbell was the only coach I know who corrected that mistake.

My point is, know your effing opponents newbie coaches to the AFC EAST! We'll let you slide on finding out just how bad Dallas Thomas is, but don't take a crap schematically out there. I've got no patience anymore for this learning curve bs.

Vance Joseph had no confidence to let our corners play press our first game last year. I only saw highlights of the second. I haven't seen such an overly respectful cautious approach since we played the Cowboys in Jimmy Johnson's first year.

Pisses me off,too.

Same thing with Philbin playing the Pats and not putting 2 DT's over the center on 4th and short. You're basically giving Tom Brady the first down. Dan Campbell was the only coach I know who corrected that mistake.

My point is, know your effing opponents newbie coaches to the AFC EAST! We'll let you slide on finding out just how bad Dallas Thomas is, but don't take a crap schematically out there. I've got no patience anymore for this learning curve bs.

You must have a very sound and tightly knit secondary to play press consistently. Its not just as easy as making the defensive call to do so. Otherwise you'll be giving up a lot more than just a first down. Offenses will torch you if everyone isn't on the same page with everyone reading every key the same as every other secondary member.

Only those who have played together for a while that know each others tendencies and have studied film together over a long period of time to recognize, as a unit, opponents tendencies as well are able to play with such an aggressive technique on an almost every down basis.

*Dan Campbell did nothing different from the other coaches you mentioned either.

Last edited:
You must have a very sound and tightly knit secondary to play press consistently. Its not just as easy as making the defensive call to do so. Otherwise you'll be giving up a lot more than just a first own. Offenses will torch you if everyone isn't on the same page with everyone reading every key the same as every other secondary member.

Only those who have played together for a while that know each others tendencies and have studied film together over a long period of time to recognize, as a unit, opponents tendencies as well are able to play with such an aggressive technique on an almost every down basis.

*Dan Campbell did nothing different from the other coaches you mentioned either.

Well, bs on Dan Campbell. I saw it myself. I remember thinking, "huh, finally fixed that stupidity."

I understand about playing press, but it's about not being afraid to make mistakes and giving your players a real chance to win for me. It wasn't like they didn't have any press corners, you know that was the scheme they were preaching all offseason. It's why half the bloggers didn't think they'd actually have the balls to follow through and compete, but I guess being down 21-0 in the first half is better than 28-0 while playing them how every other fan in the NFL knows how you have to play them. I mean, it wasn't even Brady back there.

Well, eff that(not you, just the concept). It's just too much like bending over for your opponent for my taste is all. Because what happens now? You still have to walk through that door. You just found out what every fan knew to begin with; don't hold you're breath waiting for the Patriots to make a mistake... and you've just arrested your corners experience and development at the same time.

Well, bs on Dan Campbell. I saw it myself.

I understand about playing press, but it's about not being afraid to make mistakes and giving your players a real chance to win for me. It wasn't like they didn't have any press corners, you know that was the scheme they were preaching all offseason. It's why half the bloggers didn't think they'd actually have the balls to follow through and compete, but I guess being down 21-0 in the first half is better than 28-0 while playing them how every other fan in the NFL knows how you have to play them. I mean, it wasn't even Brady back there.

Well, eff that(not you, just the concept). It's just too much like bending over for your opponent for my taste is all. Because what happens now? You still have to walk through that door. You just found out what every fan knew to begin with; don't hold you're breath waiting for the Patriots to make a mistake... and you've just arrested your corners experience and development at the same time.

Dude, we did NOT play press with Brent Grimes and Brice McCain.

Dude, we did NOT play press with Brent Grimes and Brice McCain.

Dude, I'm not talking about two seasons ago. I even used Vance Joseph's name. Maybe that will ring a bell...I don't even like thinking about the P word (Philbin) or his era.

We didn't even play them close to the line, let alone press last year in the first game. That's my beef.

We won two years ago because their line was trash, not because of a sound scheme in the secondary.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm not talking about two seasons ago. I even used Vance Joseph's name. Maybe that will ring a bell...I don't even like thinking about the P word (Philbin) or his era.

We didn't even play them close to the line, let alone press last year in the first game. That's my beef.

We won two years ago because their line was trash, not because of a sound scheme in the secondary.

My bad. Skipped the Philbin part myself, just read that Campbell corrected it and assumed it related to playing press coverage.

As far as last year in the first game vs the Pats in week 2: I didn't expect to see aggressive perimeter play with three new secondary members (one of which was a rookie) and a new DC. That just doesn't happen automatically. Using jams consistently is a defensive progression. Otherwise, you're just hurting yourself even more and handing the advantage over to the offense by giving them a broader opportunity to get behind you due to inexperience as a unit.

My bad. Skipped the Philbin part myself, just read that Campbell corrected it and assumed it related to playing press coverage.

As far as last year in the first game vs the Pats in week 2: I didn't expect to see aggressive perimeter play with three new secondary members (one of which was a rookie) and a new DC. That just doesn't happen automatically. Using jams consistently is a defensive progression. Otherwise, you're just hurting yourself even more and handing the advantage over to the offense by giving them a broader opportunity to get behind you due to inexperience as a unit.

Yeah, you're right, and it was Garaffalo too. So there was an off chance he would make mistakes. I'll tamp it down, I'm just tired of waiting for a legitimate chance to compete. Here's hoping this year we can challenge them.

I don't even care if the refs intervene and give them the game. I just want to emulate the only scheme that ever worked with any consistency against them, the Jets. You gotta stay ultra aggressive and fly around with your hair on fire...If you do it right you'll hear an audible "whoo!" by the player making the tackle on their underneath routes.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right, and it was Garaffalo too. So there was an off chance he would make mistakes. I'll tamp it down, I'm just tired of waiting for a legitimate chance to compete. Here's hoping this year we can challenge them.

Ah, no worries and no reason to tamp it down. Amp it up.

It's been a long damn time since we've been in true contention for a championship and who knows when our time will surface. In the meantime, might as well enjoy the NFL while it still exists in the realm as we know now it.

Back
Top Bottom