Ndamukong Suh: Patriots are definitely beatable | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh: Patriots are definitely beatable

Ah, no worries and no reason to tamp it down. Amp it up.

It's been a long damn time since we've been in true contention for a championship and who knows when our time will surface. In the meantime, might as well enjoy the NFL while it still exists in the realm as we know now it.

Well said, well said...

Sorry for the in between edits, I'm 45 and my thoughts come in waves of separate sets sometimes, lol.

Sorry for the in between edits, I'm 45 and my thoughts come in waves of separate sets sometimes, lol.

Ha ha, I do the same. Toss out my first thoughts and then edit my verbiage and structure some moments later while also adding more content.

Absolutely they're beatable. It's always been that way. The thing is, building a team tough enough, smart enough and disciplined enough to do it.

I agree with Suh, you have to respect the Patriots, Belichick is one of the great HC of all time, Brady is one of the greatest QB of all time, but they are without doubt very beatable.

Their 1st three SB came because of some help from Spy-gate, and winning at the end in close games with one of the greatest pressure Kicker in Football.

They then tried to get there and win again without doing anything underhanded Result: Took a few years to get back, and when they did...inflate-gate, and a little help from a HC on the Seahawks that over thunk it, and passed, when running favored more for a score.

Finally last year, the Patriots did straight up, no hanky panky, and got back to the superbowl, but again lucked out after getting blown away from the falcons thanks to great defense and and effective running game, but the Falcons in the 2nd half could not stop the run or pass, and the QB on the Falcons was known to melt when pressure was on, and it fell on him.

All the respect in the world, the Pats are a great team, but you play a mistake free game, and odds are in your favor to beat them.

I like the Suh makes that comments while also praising the Patriots for who they are. Yes some will take his comments as buffoonish but that's due to the bias folks have of him.

The dolphins or bills sometime beat them one time yr...coaching staff is key to beat N.E. they have best coach and best qb in nfl.

It's funny how PFF left out all the parts where Suh was talking up the pats. Just to stir up nonsense

One of the things that annoy me is this notion of playing a perfect game to beat NE. Impossible. Brady has mastered the art of dinking and dunking and turning those into huge gains. Question is why can" the rest of the league stop it, it's not like we don't know what's coming.

One of the things that annoy me is this notion of playing a perfect game to beat NE. Impossible. Brady has mastered the art of dinking and dunking and turning those into huge gains. Question is why can" the rest of the league stop it, it's not like we don't know what's coming.

Very long explanation short: Belichick is a genius and Brady is excellent at ID'ing the defense pre-snap and in many instances NE's offense is designed to to beat both man and zone coverages within the same playcall.

Here's just one often used example to show that:

grant_ghost-tosser_sy_57611.jpg

The shallow and mid-level crossing routes on one side are used vs Man and the flood routes are used to beat Zone on the other. As long as Brady is able to ID the defense's intentions, the passing play is virtually unstoppable if executed correctly.

Very long explanation short: Belichick is a genius and Brady is excellent at ID'ing the defense pre-snap and in many instances NE's offense is designed to to beat both man and zone coverages within the same playcall.

The shallow and mid-level crossing routes on one side are used vs Man and the flood routes are used to beat Zone on the other. As long as Brady is able to ID the defense's intentions, the passing play is virtually unstoppable if executed correctly.[/QUO

Dam dude...maybe you should write a book

The shallow and mid-level crossing routes on one side are used vs Man and the flood routes are used to beat Zone on the other. As long as Brady is able to ID the defense's intentions, the passing play is virtually unstoppable if executed correctly.

What's the best way to counter it? Criss cross your coverage accordingly?

What's the best way to counter it? Criss cross your coverage accordingly?

Confusion is a great start. If you can show a certain coverage shell pre-snap and roll into another post-snap then you can delay the proper read in hopes that your pass rush or blitz gets home in time to disrupt the QB or move him off his spot to alter the timing of the routes.

Pattern Match coverage (which was developed by Belichick and Saban during their years together in Cleveland right before Modell uprooted the franchise) is another that provides a lot of answers in that it the defense plays zone at the snap and in underneath coverage but ends up being man once routes are declared.

Here's an example of Pattern Match I posted in the Stars and System Guy thread:

All in all, defense is always at a disadvantage to the offense and when your facing a QB like Brady who has seen it all in his 17 year career and counting, you're pretty much at his mercy if you can't get pressure and provide confusion consistently.

Back
Top Bottom