NE says they like Washington playing against Ruddy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE says they like Washington playing against Ruddy

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Washington vs. Ruddy
12/5/2003

The Patriots were without Ted Washington (broken leg) in that game. Washington came back three weeks ago against the Cowboys and his presence in the lineup and ability to clog the middle allows New England to do what it needs to out of its base 3-4.

The big man has been involved in several big plays against the run since his return. Stopping Williams again will be priority No. 1, and if Washington can dominate former Pro Bowler Tim Ruddy the way he does most centers, then it will be up to quarterback Jay Fiedler to beat the Patriots. They'll take their chances.

MICHAEL SMITH

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2003/12/05/washington_vs_ruddy/

Originally posted by Section126
The problem is that Tim Ruddy has had unusual success against Fat Ted before.

Washinton has beaten Ruddy often. I've heard reports where he pushes him around like a rag doll. With the Bills Washington Ran past Ruddy once and flattened Marino. Fiedler will not have success if pressure comes from the middle like Washington does. A plan has to be made to double team him with Konrad because Ruddy can't handle it. Wade Smith will have to hold his own.

Actually I think your'e wrong, look up Dolphins versus Bills games against Ted Washington and look at the rushing yards.

I remember one game where Ruddy made a fool out of Washington here in miami, L. Smith had a ton of yards.

No way in hell do the Phins let Ruddy go 1-on-1 with Washington. He'll eat him alive. Ruddy will get constant help.

um this is not new news...Ruddy usually does get pushed around badly and Ted Washington is a beast...that might get ugly...if it does...i would not mind seeing seth come in on certain passing downs...he stronger than Ruddy.

Go Fins!!!

I would say that Washington gets doubled on 80% ofthe plays that he is in he cant for the most part be one on one most oline cant handle him, I think we plan on that so we can get one on one with Seymour, he is the one Jay has to worry about! If Jay cant run away from Ted then he needs to retire now!

We know that physically, Ted Washington is a specimen but Tim Ruddy isn't going to get pushed around. We just need Tim Ruddy to hold for a couple of seconds just enough to do his job we don't need him to dominate. If he manages to do that then there won't be a problem.

no.....did you watch the dallass game? Ruddy looked like Mawae in that game.......his best game of the year.

Your double teaming of Washington will leave Seymour with a one on one. If thats the case Seymonster is in for a big game bro.

The s-e-m-e-n has 5.5 sacks...mediocre at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom