Need some advice from a Miami local! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need some advice from a Miami local!

I'm no local but I booked my stay in Hollywood, Florida the other night. I stayed there last year for the game vs Tennessee and I really enjoyed it. The hotel was right on the beach, and everything we wanted to do was close to the hotel.

WOW!! Guys thanks for all the feedback. I really do appreciate it and I know my fiance will as well. Just hope there is a Pats game during that time next year so I can see the Phins crush em. Thanks again. You guys rock!

My wife and I stayed at the Hard Rock in Hollywood last year the night before our cruise. It's a really cool hotel and I would highly recommend it. There is a Tiki-hut in the middle of the pool/waterfall. It was nice to sit and relax out there but the drinks were pretty expensive. The drive to the Port was about 20 minutes if I recall correctly. The only downfall is that it wasn't really close to the beach. A couple minutes drive would get you there though.

I'm not sure how close the hotel is to the Stadium.

Enjoy!!

phunwin said:
I'm not a local, but my wife and I vacationed down there last year and enjoyed staying in Coconut Grove. Yes it's a little touristy, but then, we're tourists. We stayed at the Mayfair House, which was very nice, and they were also in the process of renovating, so it's probably even better now.
QUOTE]

Why did you come back?? Im in NY also. Its horrible!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Please ignore this advice. Sistrunk is Ft. Lauderdale's dope town. Dangerous neighborhood, and without question that last place you want to be....

Justafart, stay in Buffalo!!!! We don't want anymore transplants down here thank you very much...

Later...
Swoosh. What do you think 4th of july means? Explossion everywhere. :shakeno:

Too late. Florida is basically 80% transplants. Why do you think it's called the Transient state?

I can just give you a general suggestion... Stay in Ft. Lauderdale. It's in the area of the stadium, and it's much nicer than Miami in general. Plus the people in Ft. Lauderdale are so much more pleasant than the people in Miami. It's like night and day.

ladeback said:
I can just give you a general suggestion... Stay in Ft. Lauderdale. It's in the area of the stadium, and it's much nicer than Miami in general. Plus the people in Ft. Lauderdale are so much more pleasant than the people in Miami. It's like night and day.
:up:

There's Las Olas and there's the Riverfront.

I'm getting married Sept 3rd and we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale at the Westin Diplomat...room with an oceanview:D I've already drop a couple of hundred on Ebay for the opening game vs Denver, man I can't wait. I'm in Section 155 row 11!!!!!!!We're taking a one day cruise to the Bahamas and we have a day trip planned for Key West. I just hope that the weather isn't going to be bad:( I've heard about Sept in Florida.

nighttrain76 said:
I'm getting married Sept 3rd and we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale at the Westin Diplomat...room with an oceanview:D I've already drop a couple of hundred on Ebay for the opening game vs Denver, man I can't wait. I'm in Section 155 row 11!!!!!!!We're taking a one day cruise to the Bahamas and we have a day trip planned for Key West. I just hope that the weather isn't going to be bad:( I've heard about Sept in Florida.
Why? I mean congrats :up:I hope it isn't to the Nassau.If so ,bring your own water. A bottled water costs $2.50

nighttrain76 said:

Congrats!!! Hope you have a great time. The only thing you have to worry about is a hurricane making an uninvited visit. I hear that Florida shouldn't be the target like last year but keep an eye on it just in case.

Not a local, but I stayed in North Beach a few times and loved it, traveled up to South beach a few times.

Also stayed in Fort L. and had a good time, but liked North beach better.

Try Travel Leaders they some times do a Game/Hotel/cruise package. They have meet and greets with players and breakfast. They also do photos on the field and other neat stuff. I am not sure about this year but last year they also offer a tour of the trianing facility. It may be the way to go. Check them out. If the beach is not that important and the Fins are I reccomend the Rennisance Inn also that is where Travel Leaders books clients.

Congrats:missmeth:

Justasportsfan said:
Sheraton Yankee trader where Shula's on the beach is located. That's on Ft. Lauderdale beach. I would've adviced to get a room w/ a beach view but you're going on a cruise.

If you want action, get a place in Sistrunk where every night is the 4th of July. :lol:

Hell if your gonna do a scenic tour of the 'trunk lol you might as well go down to Overtown and see some real excitement. Opa Locka might be a little more convenient though. All joking aside, I've never stayed at the Hard Rock but I've done my share of gambling there :) Beautiful place, well worth what u'll pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom