Need starting caliber DB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need starting caliber DB's

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
I keep seeing WR or RB recently from the posts on here for the 1st round. Although that would be the sexy pick and would fill a void, I think the biggest weakness we have is our defensive backfield. We were exposed last year against the pass. With Grimes being the only established consistent player we have back there. I would not be angry if we draft a player like Gurley or Cooper but in my opinion, Trae Waynes would help fill the biggest need.

We are going against Brady twice, Romo, Rivers, Flacco, Luck, etc...

This is a tough schedule especially for our defense. I'd live to stack that Defense up and make it a feared unit.

Marcus Peters will be there at 14, could be a slight reach but talent wise hes the best CB in this draft. Need to get his head straight and he can be a probowl CB.

Marcus peters = the cornerback versión of DGB

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

At 14 If were going corner it better be Trae Waynes .

If were going WR it better be Parker

We need corners but we have more needs than draft picks so lets just see how the board goes. In reference
to Gurley don't thik need, think difference maker. Thats what this team needs more of.

How did Rivers fair last year. ..

Really wish the Gurley talk would stop. We don't need him at 14, more pressing needs, and if we take him I'll be pissed. RB is not an area anymore where you need to be drafting them in the top half of the first round unless you have absolute garbage on your team. Miller has proven to be more than capable, we just need a complimentary back, and you don't take that at 14 when you have needs at WR, CB, G, and LB.

Marcus peters = the cornerback versión of DGB

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

At 14 If were going corner it better be Trae Waynes .

If were going WR it better be Parker

No he's much worse. DGB is raw, cuts off the wrong foot, has tells when he's gearing down that could lead to INTs among other things on the field. He's Corderrelle Patterson basically and he may never get it...or he might but it will take time...lots of time. For someone who hasn't played football for a year you'd think he'd have worked on his route running and other fundamentals while practicing with the Sooners but that's not the case...it's a major concern IMO. However, the effort is there...the desire is there. Marcus Peters at times doesn't care on the field, he doesn't put in the effort. He could care less if he gets burned for a TD at times because the passion for football isn't there. There's no way I would touch Peters. I wouldn't take DGB either but Peters would anger and infuriate Dolphin fans more than Mike Wallace did when he would make little effort to catch passes or one hand passes that didn't need to be caught with one hand.

Miami also has to block Dareus, Kyle Williams, Wilkerson, and Richardson 4 times a year. Right now they have no starting caliber guards. Can Billy Turner develop into something down the line? Sure, but he's nowhere near ready to block any of the aforementioned names.

Miami also has to block Dareus, Kyle Williams, Wilkerson, and Richardson 4 times a year. Right now they have no starting caliber guards. Can Billy Turner develop into something down the line? Sure, but he's nowhere near ready to block any of the aforementioned names.

You vastly underrate Turner

You vastly underrate Turner

To be fair, what exactly has Turner shown? Did he even play 10 snaps last year? I have high hopes for the guy, really high hopes but that's really not based on anything other than being a fan of the Dolphins. How is he being underrated?

Really wish the Gurley talk would stop. We don't need him at 14, more pressing needs, and if we take him I'll be pissed. RB is not an area anymore where you need to be drafting them in the top half of the first round unless you have absolute garbage on your team. Miller has proven to be more than capable, we just need a complimentary back, and you don't take that at 14 when you have needs at WR, CB, G, and LB.

If you are picking for "need" at that point in the draft, there is a reason you are picking at that point. Passing on the BPA for a reach need is a terrible idea. Gurley is the kind of player that can improve those around him, including the line and the passing game. If Parker and Waynes are gone, as much as I like Kendricks, Gurley is probably the best option available at that point. That's why people are talking about him.

To be fair, what exactly has Turner shown? Did he even play 10 snaps last year? I have high hopes for the guy, really high hopes but that's really not based on anything other than being a fan of the Dolphins. How is he being underrated?

He expects the guy to sit for a few years. Maybe underestimating is the word. This guy will be a stud starting this year. I'm very confident in that

We have no idea where Turner is in his development, but he certainly has the talent, athleticism, etc. to do it. At some point, you have to start counting on your developing talent. Only a flat out terrible coaching staff needs a line of 5 first rounders.

We have Benton. No need to draft an entire new line

Back
Top Bottom