Needed a football fix so I popped in a tape | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Needed a football fix so I popped in a tape

I agree those damn penalties were the most frustrating part of last year, on both Offense and Defense, I can't remember how many times they would stop a team on third down only to have commited a stupid penalty, the drive continues and the other team winds up scoring.

I remember one game (maybe the 2nd Bills game) when Rogers committed a dumb penalty and Zach was in his face. Hopefully with JR there also between him and Zach they will be all over anybody commiting needless penalties.

I would look for corrections in those areas this year.

* I think the leadership on D will help with the ball situation. I also think the addition of Seau will help with the lack of poise from some of these guys. Believe it or not, I think Seau's size (6'3 255) will help him get in the face of some of the players at times and intimidate them. All he has to do at some point in the season is walk into the huddle and say emphatically, "We will not have any stupid personal fouls this year, will we!" I think that would do the trick.

* We have a lot of changes on special teams that should help. We'll have more speed and new blood which always gives more inspiration. I also have confidence the coaches recognize the stupid ST penalties and will work hard to correct them.

Obviously, if it doesn't happen, the coaches will be gone.

you forgot to mention that the offense had the possession of the ball for a grand total of 2 DRIVES IN THE 2ND HALF of that game(not counting the final possession of the game, which began with roughly 30 seconds left on the clock). miami scored one TD and one FG on those two drives, the last of which would have been a TD if carter would have held on to the ball on 3rd down...uhh, but missing the playoffs was fiedler's fault :rolleyes:

Wasn't that the game that Minnisota ate up a ton of time in the secnod half the D was on the field like 8 minutes. Then when the O got on the Field the Fiedler threw an INT on the first play a bonehead down field throw that was out of his reach. That got the D right back on the field just as they were taking off their helmets.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
I remember one game (maybe the 2nd Bills game) when Rogers committed a dumb penalty and Zach was in his face.

I remember that play. It came against the Pats. I almost broke my remote on that play. Zach and Rodgers have Antowan Smith stopped for a 5-yard loss.....and Derrick grabs the facemask. Would have been 2nd and 15 .....and Rodgers gives them 15 yards and a 1st down. :fire:

Zach was right up in his face.

I'm glad to see you caught the failure on the outsides of our D.

I just wish everyone would pay more attention to the failure in our pass protection.

We solved one problem with J Seau and Eddie.

Our other problem remains.......

There's no question in my mind. This OL doesn't pass block very well. Below average. Their sack totals are a direct result of a QB who avoids sacks and an offense that doesn't throw the ball as much as most teams.

"All he has to do at some point in the season is walk into the huddle and say emphatically, "We will not have any stupid personal fouls this year, will we!" I think that would do the trick. "

YEAH! That's it! :lol: :rofl: :lmao: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom