Needs improvement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Needs improvement

Originally posted by Dajesus

3. Win lose or Draw I would like to see some solid perfomances against good teams. Granted he wasn't the only one, but against the playoff caliber teams he was invisable last year.

Fiedler did an OK job against playoff teams.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs/12363_gamelog.htm

He was great against the Raiders and Pats(in NE). He was average against N.Y.J.(In NJ), Pats(Mia), and St. Louis. He was terrible against the Jets and San Francisco.

I wouldn't say he was invisable against playoff teams.

Re: Re: Needs improvement

Originally posted by booyeah_

Fiedler did an OK job against playoff teams.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs/12363_gamelog.htm

He was great against the Raiders and Pats(in NE). He was average against N.Y.J.(In NJ), Pats(Mia), and St. Louis. He was terrible against the Jets and San Francisco.

I wouldn't say he was invisable against playoff teams.

I would because I watched the games, and don't rely on stats. I will give you the fact that he did play good in the 2nd Pats game that was it. In the Oakland game everyone will remember the last drive, but if it wasn't for Jay's 2 horrible ints we would have been well ahead of the Riaders in the 4th. Average in NY? Did you watch the game? If you did you would remember his int on 1st goal that cost us the game. You would also remember the 5 or 6 3 and outs to start the nd half. St. Louis was average? Was it his 3 ints or his fumble on the 10 yard line that was average? Again not blameing these losses only on Jay, but a great team's QB will get his team back on track when they start to struggle. We are not a great team yet because everytime our offense starts to struggle our QB folds like a cheap suit.

As far as his int # goes. yes 8 more TDs would be fine. I was mainly saying that his int to TD ratio has to be much better. This is a ball control team, Norv will take some chances but this will remain a ball control team. There is no reason that a team that will be in the bottom half of the league in pass attempts should be in the upper half in ints.

Re: Re: Re: Needs improvement

Originally posted by Dajesus

I would because I watched the games, and don't rely on stats. I will give you the fact that he did play good in the 2nd Pats game that was it. In the Oakland game everyone will remember the last drive, but if it wasn't for Jay's 2 horrible ints we would have been well ahead of the Riaders in the 4th. Average in NY? Did you watch the game? If you did you would remember his int on 1st goal that cost us the game. You would also remember the 5 or 6 3 and outs to start the nd half. St. Louis was average? Was it his 3 ints or his fumble on the 10 yard line that was average? Again not blameing these losses only on Jay, but a great team's QB will get his team back on track when they start to struggle. We are not a great team yet because everytime our offense starts to struggle our QB folds like a cheap suit.

As far as his int # goes. yes 8 more TDs would be fine. I was mainly saying that his int to TD ratio has to be much better. This is a ball control team, Norv will take some chances but this will remain a ball control team. There is no reason that a team that will be in the bottom half of the league in pass attempts should be in the upper half in ints.

Jay did not cost us the first Jets game, Lamar Smith did. Jay wasn't great against St. Louis, but just about everybody was terrible that game. Same thing w/ San Francisco. Anyways, my point is that Jay is an above average QB who can win games, but he is no miracle maker.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Needs improvement

Originally posted by booyeah_

Jay did not cost us the first Jets game, Lamar Smith did. Jay wasn't great against St. Louis, but just about everybody was terrible that game. Same thing w/ San Francisco. Anyways, my point is that Jay is an above average QB who can win games, but he is no miracle maker.

My feelings exactly

I wasn't bashing Jay or saying that he need to be a miracle worker. I am simple saying he needs to cut out his excessive ints, and needs to step up in big games. Many things cost us the Jets game, but Jay had a great chance to step up and win it for us on 1st and goal from the 6, and he throw a pass into double coverage that was easily picked off. If this team is to take the next step alot will be on Jay's shoulders to complete those types of passes in big games. I think he can and will take the next step this season, but if at season end if we lose early in the playoffs and Jay doesn't fix his int problem my paitence will run out.

Back
Top Bottom