Nets VS Heat!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nets VS Heat!!!

nyjunc said:
After all the Nets have been through since last Summer they did a great job just making the playoffs and at least Jason Kidd and alot of the current Nets have won Eastern Conference Titles something the Heat have never done and probably will not this year when they meet the Pistons.

Typical comments of a loser.

But yeah, props to the Nets...they made strides through the season showing improvements, but obviously aren't ready to take on a contender. Good luck next year.

If the Nets manage to get a big man next year their going to be scary. If I was them I would get rid of RJ for a big (if possible). Vince Carter is back to the Vince of old and the Vince of old is better then Richard Jefferson everyday of the week!

X-Con said:
Typical comments of a loser.

But yeah, props to the Nets...they made strides through the season showing improvements, but obviously aren't ready to take on a contender. Good luck next year.

Maybe if you guys won w/ some class then I would have ben gracious in defeat but you rubbed it in and last I checked the Heat have never even made it past the conf Finals so let's see hoe far you get.

nyjunc said:
Maybe if you guys won w/ some class then I would have ben gracious in defeat but you rubbed it in and last I checked the Heat have never even made it past the conf Finals so let's see hoe far you get.

New Jersey Titles = 0
Miami Titles = 0

Our obstacle? Michael Jordan in the eastern conference finals
Your obstacle? Shaq in the finals

doesnt matter how far you get...during most of the jordan era it was tougher to get through the bulls in the east then most of the western teams that had a chance to play in the finals (if your team got there). During the time that the heat were in their prime (prior to this season of course) which was the late 90s they had to deal with some pretty good Knick teams, the Bulls, and many more. Salary structures killed the HEAT not too long after that, and the East around that same time just lost their competitive edge with the west. The Nets made it to the finals in a watered-down conference. It's not too much to brag about.

New Jersey Titles = 0

Actually we have 2 ABA titles

Our obstacle? Michael Jordan in the eastern conference finals
Your obstacle? Shaq in the finals

Actually your obstacle was a very average Knick team and the only year you beat them half their team was suspended. Remember you were a 1 seed in '99 and lost to the 8th seeded Knicks. You have only made 1 eastern finals so let's not make it like you made 4 of them and lost to Chicago each time.

The Nets made it to the finals in a watered-down conference. It's not too much to brag about.

The Nets beat the Pistons 2 years ago(swept them actually) then gave SA a tough series in the finals(unlike when a worse SA beat up the Knicks in 5 in '99, that Knick team beat the previous best Miami team ever prior to this year) and the Nets were the only team to take Detroit to 7 games last year and that was w/ an injured Jason Kidd.

I came back immediately because i forgot about the SA series (along with everyone else in this world...lowest rated series ever, which was a shame) and wanted to add that in...

Have the Nets accomplished more than the heat? yea...a little...not by much though. The Heat didnt have that luxury of being around that long as far as the ABA titles are concerned. You threw those knick examples at me. but the sad thing is, the 98-99 8th seed Knicks team that made it to the finals was probably more talented then any of the contenders in the EAST from 99 up until the Pistons last year. The East was a downright TERRIBLE conference.

I came back immediately because i forgot about the SA series (along with everyone else in this world...lowest rated series ever, which was a shame) and wanted to add that in...

Who cares? before you got Shaq the Miami Heat were nothing, even when you were "good" nobody cared about the heat including your own "fans" when the only time you sold out was against the Knicks and half the building were Knick fans.

You threw those knick examples at me. but the sad thing is, the 98-99 8th seed Knicks team that made it to the finals was probably more talented then any of the contenders in the EAST from 99 up until the Pistons last year

Not a chance, that Knick team was mediocre at best but b/c the East was so bad they made it to the Finals. The SA team of '03 was definitely better than '99 and the Nets gave them a tough series where the Knicks were blown away. The East became alot better in '03(the 2nd of the 2 Nets East Conf titles), prior to '03 it was awful from '99-'02 and even earlier than that w/ the obvious exception of the Bulls. The Bulls last real competition came in the early 90s when the Knicks actually had good teams.

I'm not going to get into the who did what in the past. I'm more of a what have you done for me lately kind of guy!

I think the Nets can be very good next year. Kristic was a rookie and got better every game, this kid can be a star. We need a big body that can defend and rebound. And a good backup point guard and we can battle the Heat next year for the Division.

Good luck to the Heat and the Heat Fans.

i agree with njfinsfan1, because it's a shame nj had to play miami in round 1. kristic is very solid and they would look great with a big man (rj is the most expendable.) hopefully for the nets they can make something happen, because when they're not playing the heat i love watching j-kidd and VC play together. I love VC's moves.

Also, i read in one of the papers today that if the heat win it all, it will be the fourth year in a row that NJ loses to the eventual champion.

nyjunc said:

Wtf are you talking about? Nobody rubbed anything in, you're just crying now. All I did was speak my opinion in this thread.

Like the other Nets fan, I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy. Miami is a contender, New Jersey is at home. Period. Point. Blank.

nyjunc said:
Who cares? before you got Shaq the Miami Heat were nothing, even when you were "good" nobody cared about the heat including your own "fans" when the only time you sold out was against the Knicks and half the building were Knick fans.

I hate people who talk like that. We have Shaq now, and we're contending now. That's all that matters. Who gives a damn what happened before we had Shaq? Worry about the Nets right now. It's offseason time..........

X-Con said:
Wtf are you talking about? Nobody rubbed anything in, you're just crying now. All I did was speak my opinion in this thread.

Like the other Nets fan, I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" type of guy. Miami is a contender, New Jersey is at home. Period. Point. Blank.

I'm not talking about you, I don't remember who did it but Heat fans rubbed it in.

I hate people who talk like that. We have Shaq now, and we're contending now. That's all that matters. Who gives a damn what happened before we had Shaq? Worry about the Nets right now. It's offseason time..........

You hate people that get annoyed w/ bandwagoners? I'm not calling you a bandwagoner but Miami couldn't sell out playoff games when they were good in the 90s and now it's a hot ticket- well all those people in the building are not Heat fans. Yes that matters, for the Nets we don't have many real fans either but the increase in Nets gear the past few years are worn by mostly bandwagoners and I hate bandwagoners. You like a team, you stick w/ them through good and bad.

nyjunc said:
I'm not talking about you, I don't remember who did it but Heat fans rubbed it in.

You hate people that get annoyed w/ bandwagoners? I'm not calling you a bandwagoner but Miami couldn't sell out playoff games when they were good in the 90s and now it's a hot ticket- well all those people in the building are not Heat fans. Yes that matters, for the Nets we don't have many real fans either but the increase in Nets gear the past few years are worn by mostly bandwagoners and I hate bandwagoners. You like a team, you stick w/ them through good and bad.

I thought you were a Knicks fan?? :shakeno:

You tri-staters flip flop more than John Kerry when it comes to rooting for sporting teams.

With the exception of NJFINSFAN1.. :wink:

FaninPatsyLand said:
I thought you were a Knicks fan?? :shakeno:

You tri-staters flip flop more than John Kerry when it comes to rooting for sporting teams.

With the exception of NJFINSFAN1.. :wink:

Do the Knicks still play in the NBA???? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom