New 2014 NFL Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Funny you mentioned Bo Jackson. He lives by me in Chicago burbs. I met him a couple of nights ago. We were on the sidewalk leaving a Thai restaurant at same time. I was talking to his wife before I knew who they were. i was chatting with the wife about how it was sunny and rainy at same time. I then realized it was Bo and tried to engage him and he was a total douche. It's not like I was bothering him in any way. I was talking to his wife before I even saw him.

In Bulgaria, if it's raining and sunny at the same time, they use an expression that roughly translates to: bears are having a wedding in the forest.

I obviously wasn't there for your encounter with Jackson, and I don't know what he's like irl, but I do know that he's a very private person. Could have just been uncomfortable.

usc de morgan breslin is interesting...reminds me of a poor mans ryan kerrigan...less explosive imo version

ikpre olomu will go as high as his height dictates...it's all about how tall is he with that kid...serious talent though...

Funny you mentioned Bo Jackson. He lives by me in Chicago burbs. I met him a couple of nights ago. We were on the sidewalk leaving a Thai restaurant at same time. I was talking to his wife before I knew who they were. i was chatting with the wife about how it was sunny and rainy at same time. I then realized it was Bo and tried to engage him and he was a total douche. It's not like I was bothering him in any way. I was talking to his wife before I even saw him.

Perhaps that's the part he didn't appreciate, lol.

jake matthew should make an effortless transition to the left side...his feet and lateral quickness are that good...kid just toyed with people on the right side...best tape in 2012 of any tackle in college football probably...

that cyrus kid for bama struggled with some edge rusher in the bama spring game...kinda eye opening considering how highly i think of that left tackle...struggled with his speed off the edge and gaining the corner

USC probably has some underrated defenders, based on how severely the team lagged expectation. These are 4 and 5 star recruits, almost without exception. New coordinator this year. I think he came from Cal.

Skov was impressive in spring ball, from all reports. Regained some explosion. He doesn't strike me as someone who will wow scouts in a combine setting but on the field and in the lockerroom he's an extraordinary team leader, and incredibly savvy. All you had to do was watch Stanford's defense vs. Oregon in 2011 minus Skov, and the difference last year, even when he wasn't close to 100%.

Van Noy may be a bit of a tweener but it's hard for me to believe there are 20 or 30 players in this class superior to him. He made Ansah look all but invisible more often than not.

I don't know if he fits our scheme but i would love to get Sammy Watkins in the first round next year.

USC probably has some underrated defenders, based on how severely the team lagged expectation. These are 4 and 5 star recruits, almost without exception. New coordinator this year. I think he came from Cal.

Skov was impressive in spring ball, from all reports. Regained some explosion. He doesn't strike me as someone who will wow scouts in a combine setting but on the field and in the lockerroom he's an extraordinary team leader, and incredibly savvy. All you had to do was watch Stanford's defense vs. Oregon in 2011 minus Skov, and the difference last year, even when he wasn't close to 100%.

Van Noy may be a bit of a tweener but it's hard for me to believe there are 20 or 30 players in this class superior to him. He made Ansah look all but invisible more often than not.

I agree with this.

I think USC already had an underrated defender or two, one by the name of Nickell Robey who had to go to the Bills as a UDFA. We'll see on him but that's one of my top 10 UDFAs for sure. T.J. McDonald going in the 3rd round wasn't underrated or overrated...just rated. Wes Horton struck me as overrated back when he was being placed near the top of the class by NFL Draft Scout prior to and during the 2012 season. But as a UDFA, he might be a little undervalued. He looked good during All Star practices and game. I was suprised.

I look forward to seeing Skov return to form this year.

As for USC's upcoming guys on defense...I've never really disliked Morgan Breslin, but I haven't been grabbed by him the same way I have a Kyle Van Noy or Anthony Barr. Watching USC, I always come away feeling like I need to pay more attention to Dion Bailey, George Uko and Leonard Williams than Morgan Breslin. Just a feeling.

And speaking of Stanford, when I try and sit down to watch David Yankey, my eyes usually aren't getting past Cameron Fleming. He's a looker. Great frame, great athleticism. good kick slide. Probably another situation like Texas A&M's where the right tackle might be better than the left tackle. But of course Yankey is no Joeckel.

slight off topic but for all of you draftniks that use Twitter:

Teddy Bridgewater has finally joined Twitter, you can follow him at @teddyb_h2o

As far as I know he doesn't have a Facebook account or at least one that is public.

Loving me some Shayne Skov [and no, not in that way :)] think he would fit well in our D, and bring a level of nastiness I don't think we have quite yet. Not sure it will happen what with the recent FA/Draft aquisitions at backer, but he's going to be a player - probably a 2nd rounder though, doubt he goes in the 1st.

Dion Bailey is scheduled to move back to his more natural safety position. He simply doesn't have the size to prevent him from being a liability at linebacker against teams that are going to committ to the running game the way Georgia Tech did in the Sun Bowl, where I felt like Bailey struggled more than the other two LB's (Pullard and Dawson).

I'd look for Pullard and Dawson to start at the 'Mike' and 'Will' positions under the new coordinator's 52-defense.

I don't know where that came from about Kouandjio struggling in Bama's spring game but it's inaccurate.

Dion Bailey is scheduled to move back to his more natural safety position. He simply doesn't have the size to prevent him from being a liability at linebacker against teams that are going to committ to the running game the way Georgia Tech did in the Sun Bowl, where I felt like Bailey struggled more than the other two LB's (Pullard and Dawson).

I'd look for Pullard and Dawson to start at the 'Mike' and 'Will' positions under the new coordinator's 52-defense.

I don't know where that came from about Kouandjio struggling in Bama's spring game but it's inaccurate.

of course it is...

i watched the spring game...it sure looked to me like the left tackle was having some issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
of course it is...

i watched the spring game...it sure looked to me like the left tackle was having some issues...

Well I was there and I didn't see any issues with Kouandjio. I've probably talked to 50 people since then that all watched our A-day game and they don't see it either.

Fact is, we only ran about 8 different plays.

I think you're probably on to something here, just not necessarily what you think it is. Ryan Anderson is going to be a dominant force. That's what was on display during our A-day game.

As for Kouandjio, he's a proven commodity.

Back
Top Bottom