New college QB name to remember | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New college QB name to remember

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
Drew Stanton. This guy has really looked very good. I know he's only a junior, but he's got decent size at 6'3, 228 and has put up some very impressive numbers. Look at his individual game stats so far this year.

Kent State-22/29 297 yds 2 TD's 1 INT 116.6 QB rating
Hawaii- 21/26 301 yds 3 TD's 0 INT 153.4 QB rating
@Notre Dame-16/27 327 yds 3 TD's 1 INT 123.5 QB rating
today @ Illinois- 16/22 234 yds and 5 TD's with 6:42 left in the 3rd quarter

I don't know much about his Pro Potential (arm strength or athleticism), but the guy is putting up some very good numbers so far, and he might be someone to watch for the upcoming draft if he continues to play well and comes out.

Not sure if it's him or just the system. Would like to see him play a couple of more games before I can make a decisiion. Also, other then ND, not exactly quality opponets he's going up against.

He's having a reall good game against Illinois last time I checked he had 5 td and you could prob pick up him up in later rounds too.

RattayOttay49 said:
He's having a reall good game against Illinois last time I checked he had 5 td and you could prob pick up him up in later rounds too.
I doubt it. He is a junior and probably won't come out unless he is a 1-2 round QB. If he continues to put up this kind of production that may not be out of the question.

Stanton is 6'3 220 and has a decent NFL arm. He has looked great this year and trust me the NFL is not sleeping on this guy. He has been getting a bunch of good press based on his great preformances this year.

Cannonboy said:
Not sure if it's him or just the system. Would like to see him play a couple of more games before I can make a decisiion. Also, other then ND, not exactly quality opponets he's going up against.

Yeah. Micihigan and Michigan State are pushovers.....:shakeno:

Fran2fin said:
Yeah. Micihigan and Michigan State are pushovers.....:shakeno:

Sorry misread the "other than ND."............(just a fan of ND & the Miami Hurricanes).........:cool:

Another guy we might want to keep an eye on is Jason Murrietta out of NAU,also a junior so he may not come out until next year i know he's at a Div 1-AA school, so he probably isnt up against top flight competition, but he's got great footwork, decent arm strength, and if nothing else would make a solid backup, i've seen the guy play a bunch of times, he went to highschool in my area, and i saw him play against ASU last year and U of A this year, and he looked like he was just as fast at that level.

Stanton is pretty good, he almost beat Michigan single handely last year (Michigan did not take the lead until he came out of the game.) As long as MSU has Stanton, they'll be in most games.

He's a good NFL prospect, but not a 1st rounder.

I have heard of him before but I don't know a lot other then someone telling me he can throw up some great numbers and that he would be drafted within the first 3 or 4 rounds if he don't rush into the draft and developes another year.

Take it from a die-hard Illini fan... we make guys like Stanton look like Leinart. Don't put too much stock into todays performance.

Dolphindrew said:
Take it from a die-hard Illini fan... we make guys like Stanton look like Leinart. Don't put too much stock into todays performance.
he's played well all year

Back
Top Bottom